Wheel size question

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Delivery Boy

Wheel size question

Post by Delivery Boy »

Hey guys, need info for both gemini and piazza so will be posting in both forums.

but.

I want to buy 16 INCH WHEELS WITH 4X100 BOLT PATTERN. THE FOUR ARE 7J(WIDTH) WITH +38OFFSET

wheels will be coming form japan :roll: but they are ALOT cheaper than new and an inch up from what I was gonna buy.

but what i need to know is, wil they scrub or hit the shocks whilst lifted on a gemini at that width? and also need to know for piazza?

I think geminis are supposed to be a +38 offset so yeah... tried to do a search but got topics on 20's under a gemini and 14inch camira rims which is in no way what I wanted lol.

thanks to anyone that helps.

Buckna

My car stopped leaking oil, does that mean I'm out?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

The JR's are 24 offset originaly, I used 35 offsett 15" wheels with 195 wheels they rubbed slightly on the damper.
You probably will need to use some spacers for the wheels to fit.

Tommy
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

Rub the dampers? I dont follow lol.

Does that mean rub the shocks? and is that when you jack the car up or when it's sitting on the ground?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

That would be during driving, my guess is that when the wheel moves downward it gets closer to the shock.

What size tires are you planing on using?

Tommy
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

umm, i think for a 7inch wide i'd need something like 195 or 205 minimum...
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

OK, the increase from 15 to 16" wheels might be enough that the tires clear the shock, but it would be best to use som spacers 5mm should be enough.
On the other hand handling and looks would benefit from moving the wheel as far out as possible, at least in the front.

Tommy
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

I thought spacers were wrong/illegal/bad lol...

i mean i have em on the gemini atm but there are so many other illegal things on it that it really doesnt matter haha!!

anyone in australia able to clarify the legalites with spacers?

and anyone else tried fitting x7 wheels with +38 offset to a pizza and gotten away with it?
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

i tried a 17" rim at a tyre place with no tyre and it touched the shock in the air and it was 7 wide but not shure about the offset, the guy said when it was wheel and tyre shoping time to come back and we would measure the off set and have a look at the range he had.

Maybe go to a wheel and tyre place and give them the impression that you want to by and get them to fit some wheels to the car to see what fits and at the end of it just tell them u want to have a think about the style you want, probably go back and get the tyres from them later coz of the favoure they will do you
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

thing about that is, ebay auction ends in 2 days, and the piazza wont be going for a few weeks haha...

oh well, i'll go ask the local tire mob to lend me a wheel at 16x7 +38, hopefully they will and i can try it out.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I was running 16x7 42mm offset with 205/45/16 tyres plus an 8mm spacer so effectively 34mm offset and it rubbed the shock when jacked up. You'd have to go to 20-25mm to be right..
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive got 15x7's on my Piazza and they are +24.
With 195 wide tyres they clear the shockers jacked right up in the air. The clear by about 3mm.

You will need +24 or lower or you will have drama.

You cant go much lower or else you will have trouble with the rear wheels scrubbing the edge of the rear guards. Ive got 205/60/15's on the back and they sit in nicely.

When im moving the car in the next two days i will get some pics and have a better look. I really do want to get 8's under the back of my car. ive got some stockie 4x100 14" rims off a jap car and i want to put those centres in the 8" rims ive got here off a falcon. Ditto with 15" rims and the 7" holden interceptors and the 8" sunraysiers.

Cheers. Rob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

i ran 17inch mags on my piazza with 2 5mm wheel spaces on the front and they dont hit the struts even when jacked up , my tyres are 17inch 205 40 profile

dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

I run the same on mine with no problems and they look hot too!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Brendan and dbraiki, what ET (offset) where the wheels?

Tommy
dbraiki

Post by dbraiki »

Unfortunately I don't know mate. They were on the car when I got it.

Dougz