Front brake pads.

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

FYI
Front and rear disc pads for Piazza YB are same as JDM JR120 and NZ market JR130 as far as I know and the impulse is the same. Both available from Auctionfrontier (ebay usa seller) Usually about 10 bux US a set and seem okay quality. The only exception to this is early JR130 models with cam action handbrake integral with rear caliper and pads. They are different and happen to be the same as early RX7 so still easy to get. I have some of all kinds and could dig up some numbers if anyone wants to know. Hoses are cheaper to get made than buy off the shelf even if you could track them down. The end fittings are universal and you get them made as a one piece hose with a sliding anchor to position as required instead of the two piece job. Cost about 35 each last time I got some made compared to Repco price of 86 and they didn't have stock anyway.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

End pieces are universal even the banjo one on the caliper with the bend on it?
I had a look around at the wreckers AE82 corolla has the same length from body to the support thingo in the middle, then slightly longer to the caliper, has the same locating thing on the banjo but doesn't have that bend before the line attaches to it. Might work still though.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Banjo with bend is readily available but not with the little locating titty but that aint needed anyway. I like the way they make up new ones so that they are one piece and the centre clamp job is loose enough to slide to where you need it but tight enough to stay where it is put...clever bastards!
So many cars, so little cash
poida
APC Member
APC Member

Post by poida »

BRAKE HOSES
I have had flexible brake hoses made. They are identical to the original as far as the locating caliper banjo end "titty bit" goes. The only difference is the middle "support thingo" piece is sliding.

BRAKE PADS
I can get hold of Bendix front brake pads in their Advance type material. These pads are limited in stock and once gone the only options left will be importing or using your old backing plates to bond new friction material. Be careful importing brake friction material. Australian laws prohibit importing any brake component containing asbestos. It's still being used in the US. Have the supplier check and verify the pads you buy are asbestos free.

BRAKE ROTORS
I have been able to also get hold of replacement brake rotors. The ones I have found are standard rotors, not slotted or drilled.

HUB BEARING KITS
I have also managed to get hold of replacement front hub bearing and seal kits. Actually I'll re phrase that. I have managed to get a supply of the near impossible to find special hub seals. These are Holden only parts and were not listed in aftermarket supply books but I found a supplier who has imported a number of them. At the moment I have enough to make up 8 seperate wheel hub kits. I should be able to get more if I need them.

Each single hub kit contains:
1 x inner bearing
1 x outer bearing
1 x seal
1 x split pin
1 x 60 gram bag of HTB grease. (exactly enough to do one hub)
1 x information/instructions page

The idea is for a person to buy the kit and rebuild the complete bearing assembly. I chose not to sell the seals individually because if you install a new seal you should be cleaning out all the old grease, replacing the bearings and filling up with new grease. These seals are limited in stock numbers and cost more than the other components combined. It would be silly to not replace the lot in one hit.

A kit will cost you $40 per wheel hub.

If anyone is wanting any of the above components please message me.