hello :)

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

hello :)

Post by storm_rider_ »

I'm new here, thought i'd pick a few peoples brains and see what they say :) My names Martin and i live in Christchurch, Nz

I have a lotus suspension piazza, have owned it for 12 years. hasn't been going for 10, lol anyway the g200 ran a bearing and a few other things so i ended up getting a 4zc1 to drop into it ages ago. I got so far then got pissed off about it all and selved it and thats where it has sat for the last ages and all my time and money has been going into my fiat 124 instead which also strangley is engineless at the moment, lol
Back to the isuzu.

Are the engine mounts the same for the 4zc1 as they are for the g200?? What else would be required other than the obvious like the computer to get it up and functonal?? Would you convert the clutch to hydralic??

I see you guys are talking about using the 2.6 rodeo engine aswell. What sort of torque figures do you get out of the rodeo engine?? and i there any real advantage other than capacity??
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Welcome to the wonderful world of money gobbling electronic nightmares.

I am assuming your old engine was the G200z sohc. If it was the G200w dohc you wil need a box as well.

The 4zc1 should fit straight in as far as mounts and gearbox goes but the flywheel and clutch are different so you need those as well. Box input shaft and spigot brg are the same so no hassles there. Manual clutch should be fine so don't see any advantage in hydraulic with the hassles you will have with pedal differences. Uses the same thrust bearing on both types but different fork obviously. If you need a new cable I'm your man, I have two of the them but all of my cars are hydraulic. The major physical difference is the G200 engine sits further back than the 4zc1 because it is a bit longer so when you fit the 4z you will need to check if the engine mounts allow proper box mate up or perhaps have to bring the gearbox forward which is no big deal making a slightly longer rear mount but you will need to extend the selector plate and lengthen the prop shaft. If that is the case you would be better off fabricating set back mounts for the engine. I can check the relationship for you if you like as I have a few engines sitting on the floor. The easiest job would be to drop in another G200z and they are easy enough to get. i've got a few spare good runners. If you do push a head with the 4zc1 you need to check if is a turbo low comp or one out of a WFR high comp. If you are going turbo way you will need the main ECU plus the turbo module and stepping controller and AFM, looms etc. etc. If high comp you will have to drop it for turbo or risk throwing a rod with any decent boost.

The 2.6 is talked about a lot but the block deck height means you may have bonnet clearance issues but if you slam it shut a couple of times it will soon take on the shape you need LOL. To be honest though a 2.6 carb engine may be a good alternative to all the hassles of gwetting the injection sorted out.

One of our guys up here in jaffa country is planning to go the 2.6 way and you should swap notes with him.

Keep us up to date and if there is anything else I can help with just yell out.
So many cars, so little cash
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

Thanks for the help

Post by storm_rider_ »

Yeah it was a single cam g200. Went surprisingly well. I remember a couple of times when i was younger and silly right of the clock. I think using the 4zc1 makes sence so as to not upset the balance the suspension has. My 124 goes around corners but that thing used to go around like it was on rails. I had a standard g200 one as well, strangley someone had put a carb on it, i ended up swapping over the injection and stuff onto it. Never handled anywhere near as good as the lotus one.

Anyone got a standard computer and loom for a 4zc1?? lol hmm probably not.
The latest microtech are supposed to be real good. Are compatiable with all the motec sensors.

If i get a chance might have a proper look in the weekend. Got to get the brakes all redone to since its been sitting to long, should have taken the pads out but didn't think about that at the time.
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

Post by storm_rider_ »

I'd be curious to see the piazza with a holden v6 in it though, probably weigh lighter than the g200. Theres a bighorn here thats set up with hilux diffs and raised and has a supercharged holden v6 in it, is pretty awesome.

Does anyone know the numbers of the lotus piazza that come into nz?? I have only ever seen one other one and that was years ago.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

G200z is 156kg, VN V6 is over 180. What i want to see is a 6VD1 or 6VE1 put into it, and at 160kg of all alloy Isuzu v6 they arent heavy.
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

No idea on HBL numbers but it wouldn't be many. Bloke in Nelson scrapping a turbo nero did have full set of turbo brakes and bottom end of donkey for sale. Don't know if he has much left now tho. He still has the intercooler I think but not the turbo HEE HEE I got that. I have the remnants of a loom for a Jecs turbo ecu but it is a bit minced, the main plugs are okay. If you are starting fresh it would be best to go aftermarket I reckon otherwise it could turn into one of those well known piazza nightmares
So many cars, so little cash
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

Post by storm_rider_ »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu-3- ... dZViewItem

That was on ebay if you had the spare coins, lol

Be Pretty awesome and i think it would prove a point to and bring the piazza into the now as well.

You need an exchange engine though.

Lexus is the other one that comes to my mind. but at about 200 kgs it would upset the balance even more of the car. Big thing with those v8's though you can strap a couple of turbo's on them with out changing the internals.
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

What sort of engine mounting arrangement does the 6VD1 or 6VE1 use, ie. does it have the same mounts as the piazza?? And what sort of overall height comparison are they to the 4ZC1? Anyone know? Would be a cool conversion to do into the piazza, I could imagine a twin turbo setup fitting quite nicely!!

And are these the engines out of the newer Rodeo's?

Dave
storm_rider_
Probationary
Probationary

Post by storm_rider_ »

No idea about the mounts but yeah they are out of the rodeo's and the vehicle cross and more than likely the honda one what ever thats called.

The E1 is the 3.5ltre and the D1 is the 3.2ltr.

I think one in a piazza would be pretty sweet to, I was also thinking the twin turbo thing to, lol . I didnt think the asking on ebay wasn't to step either especially for a fresh engine. I can't say i have ever seen one in the flesh at a wreaker but i have seen one in a vehicle cross thats used for promo stuff around chch.