Help Needed - Removing the adjustment knobs on piazza seats?

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Help Needed - Removing the adjustment knobs on piazza seats?

Post by Virtual-R »

I am taking all the trims off the seat to clean up properly and re trim the rear vinyl section. I managed to get the rear lumbar switch off easily there was just a butterfly clip holding it on. But the round knob above it for the sides to move in and out I cant get off. Anyone ever removed this knob? I've had a look and cant see where its clipped in, only 2 philips head screws inside that seem to be holding it. Its hard to get to the 2 screws though as the rear vinyl cover cant come off until the knob does :dontknow:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Aha! Isuzu ( Sorry Holden in your case) strike again, there is no under estimating the sneakiness of the nips. If you look behind the knob where it enters the side of the bolster support you should be able to see the rubber sleeve that covers the secrets to success. If you force this condom back into the seat far enough all will be revealed. It is a pain to get back though so you can always just cut the damn thing off and cover it with tape when you are finshed fitting the covers. I usually mange to get them back far enough. No charge for this invaluable piece of info. good luck. Once you remove the knob the vinyl cover piece is the next trick. On each side it has hook bars connected to the mechanism so it is a bit of tongue out the right hand side of the gob job while you lift a bit wriggle a bit and back to me a bit and down again if you get my drift.
So many cars, so little cash
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

Those shifty little bastards! lol thanks heaps for that dude :)

Yep worked out how to get the vinyl part off first, just that one knob had me stumped!

I have found a great way to clean the velour back to 100% its original condition. The seats I have here were very dirty, especially the head rests.

I unhooked the seats trim one section at a time, sprayed it with meguiars cloth and trim cleaner and wiped it down, then gave the trims a run in the washing machine on gentle cold wash with abit of laundry liquid and they came up like brand new. The shine and feel to them is exactly like they were when they came out of the showroom. Only thing you have to be careful of is when you take them off, do it very slowly so that you don't rip the foam off. Also they are a bit tricky to get back on and takes patience but the final results are worth it. I'll post up some before and after photos once i finish this seat :)