fuel system

twocan

fuel system

Post by twocan »

hey everyone

thinking my fuel pump might be on its way out but havnt tested it yet, just wondering if anyone around has replaced/upgraded pumps and pressure regulators and the like. are their any nasties to look out for when getting a pump and reg. cheers everyone

lucan
Impulsive Yank

Post by Impulsive Yank »

Madcat was successful in upgrading his pump with a Walbro 255 ltr/hr:
http://www.isuzone.org/forums/showthrea ... 393&page=3
88 Impulse Turbo
will do good deeds for beer :drinkers:
Madcat

Post by Madcat »

Yep, It swapped in nice and clean. The parts bag said it was for an 89-94 Nissan 240SX.

When you go to pull the pump out of the tank the pump assembly needs to be tilted to the side and twisted clockwise ( i think :rolleyes: ) and counter-clockwise to slide it back in.

Jim
I have opposable thumbs I WILL prevail

88 Trooper, soon to be turbo. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941780

89 Impulse Turbo. 3.5L 6VE-1 swap in progress. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941760
twocan

Post by twocan »

cheers lads, been really busy latley but that has given me somewhere to start. they dont say a real lot about it in the manual ive got ill just have to bite the bullet and have go i guess.

lucan
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

had big problems with pumps and regulators on mine, ended up with a pump on mine louder then my 3 inch exhaust but all works fine, ended up being my reg was rs, just got a custom pressure reg now set on 35psi at idle and had no worry's
twocan

Post by twocan »

what sort of regs are good, from what i have seen so far there is a fair price difference, i guess ill do some web research. still on a mission for the pump havnt had much chance to ask round yet.

cheers again

lucan
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

my reg was cheap as, comp t reg of ebay set me back $65 +5 postage, was abit worried at first that it might just be shit but it has never let me down, just everything else with my car!
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

I hear a VL turbo fuel pump does the job...
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

I wouldnt bother with a VLT pump. Originally issued from factory, the VLT and VL N/A pumps were different. Bosch now only makes one that caters for both.

If you do your research you can get the Bosch O44/040 600hp pumps [ones external, ones to suit intank pick up like 200sx, i forget which is which] for $200 brand new.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z