Turbo Upgrade

WA Piazza

Post by WA Piazza »

hey nick

with the larger surge tank, how would i setup the larger one in the boot? and y in the boot?
I have 12" subs in there so is there a way i can try and hide it a bit or not?

cheers

Josh
-Holden Piazza-
looking at 300bhp to 350bhp with a T03
Cant wait til Perths Woop Ass Wednesdays
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

About the road worthy.

The 7MGTE injectors or any injector you use other then standard will require an aftermarket ECU or a microfueler to control fuel delivery. The problem with that is it fucks with the emissions, so most testers wont pass it. Throw a second hand set of stockys in there and just use them till you eventually upgrade your bits and pieces.

The throttlebody shouldnt affect things in terms of road worthy, but dont go putting it on until you really need to. Youll have to modify your intercooler piping to suit it along with your plenum - theres no point doing that until you upgrade your intercooler.

The VLT fuel pump will be fine to pass road worthy. It doesnt alter mixtures in any way and most people would be hard-pressed to tell the difference externally.

The standard surge tank is mounted under the car near the diff/fuel tank, roughly squarish in shape. It has a small volume which is why its probably best replaced. Most surge tanks availible off the shelf are roughly 150mm in diameter and probably abut 350-400mm in height, making it hard to mount under the car. Without showing me a picture of the way your sub box is setup i cant really comment on how to mount it.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z