Dyno Graphs

rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Dyno Graphs

Post by rodavo »

Hey all.

I got my Piazza dyno'd today and here are the results.

The blue graph is how I took the car into the dyno shop, running 13-14 psi. The power and torque curve look good, 117kw at the wheels not too bad, but the mixtures were reading 14:1 at full load the whole way through the rev range. Not too good.

So, we turned the boost back a bit and did another run. The red graph has boost at 10 psi max and the mixtures were good all the way through the rev range. This made 107kw at the wheels. Also not too bad. And alot safer.

The engine itself has 220,000km on it and is standard, the boost has obviously been turned up and it is running a cat back 2.5 inch exhaust.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Geez that torque curve at 10psi is flatter than a shit carters hat.

So is this the tip Rodavo???

10psi max on std setup, ecu, injectors etc, will get the best results.
But then i wonder how much difference the exhaust makes???

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Seems like 10 psi is about the max that you can safely run on a standard engine with standard ecu. Maybe a touch higher you could get away with. The exhaust made a big difference when I got it done, would be even better if it was turbo back.

It is interesting to look at the boost curve, when I had it at 13 psi, the turbo was free to spool and got to the 13psi by 3500 - 4000 rpm and then flatlined the rest of the way. When it is set to 10 psi, it doesnt reach that until the end of the graph, it is a gradual increase through the rev range. I think this is due to the bleed valve I am using for boost control. An electronicly controlled vlave with built in MAP sensor would be the way to go and would allow the turbo to free spool to 10 psi and flatline the rest of the way. Well thats my thoughts anyway.

Dave
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Pretty good power increase over stock for a few extra psi and an exhaust.

Have you still got the standard boost controller cable hooked up at all? It'd have the ability to hold the wastegate shut while it spools up whether its programmed to do that I dunno.
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Yeah the standard boost controller was hooked up. I dont really think it does much as I have tested it with and without on the road and I couldnt notice any difference.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Check if the LED on the computer is flashing error codes mine was so I don't think it was ever working. Now that I have the service manual I actually know what the codes mean so I can fix it if i ever put the car back together..
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

I have seen the cable move so I guess that means its working.