New bushes for suspension

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

left and right rack boots are identical, isuzu part number is 8-94414554-0 for a complete kit for both sides, don't know if still available from GM but worth a try. I have one kit only left now and a few second hand boots. Not sure what you mean about radius arm. If you mean front strut bar bushes they are no longer available from Isuzu and no dealers I know have any stock. I have a set of OEM in stock but they are friggin expensive and I did get some made in urethane for another member not so long ago but again not cheap, but cheaper than OEM and certainly cheaper than throwing the car away LOL
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks for the part # Wedgenut. I'll pass that on to mechanic. I'll also clarify what the radius arm is in NZ speak :)
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

This image may help. Item 8 is what Isuzu call a strut bar and may be what you call a radius arm. The rubber bushes item 9 (4 required) are as I said no longer available from Isuzu and no aftermarket ones around either, apart from special manufacture or my last known set in captivity.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

wedgenut wrote:left and right rack boots are identical, isuzu part number is 8-94414554-0 for a complete kit for both sides, don't know if still available from GM but worth a try. I have one kit only left now and a few second hand boots.
Nah the rack boot on the pinion end is a smaller diameter where it goes over the rack housing.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Bugle you are correct, for turbo cars (JR120 and YB) that is true, my mistake.

The non turbo JR130 has a different rack and the boots on those are the same both sides.

The part number provided was the correct number for the JR120/YB boot kit.

Universal boots can be used but they won't have the connection for the breather pipes. I guess you could connect the left and right breather pipes with a piece of hose.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I have a feeling we are talking about the same item here, but will check on Monday. So how much for the bushes set that you made? Your urethane versions will last longer won't they?
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Sent you a PM so read that first, here is an image of the last set

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks to Wedgy these came in today (minus the black original one if course). Thanks again Wedge for a super effort.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Was looking at Yahoo Japan auctions and these radius rod bushes appeared amongst the loads of analogue instrument clusters.

Doesn't look like they'd ship out of Japan though so you'd need one of those mail forwarder people.
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... p282801862
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Mail forwarder people? Who does that? I tried buying a new set of mini quad lights from this site and failed at the finish line when it said I had to have some sort of Yahoo Japan account. Gave up in the end and was so frustrating with the language barrier.
archangel62

Post by archangel62 »

Get in touch with this dude:
http://www.hayatonka.com/
Indigo - '76 TX Gemini sedan, G180W+T project,
Abigail - '81 TE sedan, white, G180W ITB project,
New Hotness - TG Gemini drift car, orange, 4ZE1+T
Tardis - 1986 Piazza 4ZC1-T, black, forged, 136rwkw @13psi
Coupe - TX coupe grip car, "do it later", G180W+twin carbs
Trevor aka Jimmy's Gem - Grandpa-spec TD
BA Falcon - Tow car
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I don't have an experience with mail forwarders so I can't recommend one. Would be cool to be able to buy some of the stuff on there though.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Bugle wrote:Was looking at Yahoo Japan auctions and these radius rod bushes appeared amongst the loads of analogue instrument clusters.

Doesn't look like they'd ship out of Japan though so you'd need one of those mail forwarder people.
http://page12.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... p282801862
I found the strut bar/radius rod bushes on that site but I can't find anything on the analogue clusters.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Shame none of those clusters are the more desirable 240Km jobs. I have plenty of 180km ones already