New bushes for suspension

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

They'd only be on Euro spec excluding UK (MPH, wtf?) wouldn't they? Which means bugger all would've been made.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Not so, they were fitted to late model (88-89) JDM nero Irmscher models, a few of which made it here, they also had the bonnet with no eyelids and even narrower twin headlamps. These models had the later model tail lamps, different door cards and window switches, different rear quarter windows due to different C Post thickness and a few other differences I forget. Another NZ member dismantled one of these cars a few years ago and the cluster went straight into his car. He still has most of the parts except the two doors which reside in my man cave for safe keeping.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

They weren't standard if they were available, and probably not an official option because weren't 180km/h speedos and speed limiter a legal requirement? They even went to the trouble of disabling the left most digit from being able to display a 2 on JDM digital speedos only.

I have an 88-89 Irmscher brochure and can't see anything about a 240km/h speedo there, but it has photos of the dash with 180km/h.

Found the blog of some Japanese guy who installed one, who refers to it as european spec http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 60193.html
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The one I know of definitely came from a used import ex japan, so regardless of which market it was intended for that's where it came from.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Bugle wrote:They weren't standard if they were available, and probably not an official option because weren't 180km/h speedos and speed limiter a legal requirement? They even went to the trouble of disabling the left most digit from being able to display a 2 on JDM digital speedos.
I can't remember but does the aus spec digi dash work with the hundreds digit fully functional. I was tempted getting another one of those analogue dashes and decided against it. Since I've been down this road before i now know I should have stuck with the quirkiness of the digi dash.
Call me old fashioned but it's one of the big reasons why I got back into another Piazza. It's the car's design and quirkiness that brought me back.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah the one in mine can go over 200, only the left-upper segment is disabled on the hundreds digit, so it couldn't do more than 399km/h. You'll see when you turn the ignition on and it lights up everything for a second.

I prefer the digital dash too, apart from the 80s-ness of it I find it easier to keep at the speed limit without having to look at the speedo all the time since you can see it changing in peripheral vision.
IPTOC
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by IPTOC »

Guys, the spoiler shown in the auction pics is what was fitted to the UK/Europe Handling by Lotus models as standard and has nothing to do with Irmscher.

The Irmscher spoiler was a real special and sat about a third of the way up the outside of the tailgate and had completely concealed fixings, as opposed to the one pictured which sits near the bottom and has two exposed (upper) fixings and two concealed.

I have a few of the HBL ones which I'm sure will find their way into Wedgie's bag at Christmas!!
1988 Isuzu Piazza HBL Auto - Ebony Black
1988 Isuzu Piazza HBL Manual - Romanesque Silver
1851 Cellar chock full of Isuzu spares!!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

So is the 3 legged spoiler that I have a HBL, Irmsher or something else? Bear in mind I sourced my spoiler from the US.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

JDM Irmschers over the years came with the 2 leg and 3 leg one, 2 leg appearing to be the same as the UK HBL one.

JDM/US HBL had just the 3 leg.
IPTOC
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by IPTOC »

Bugle is correct in terms of the amount of legs, but as far as I can glean from brochures and a car here that used to belong to our club founder which featured an Irmscher spoiler, the 2 leg Irmscher spoiler sits higher up the tailgate and is definitely a different spoiler to the UK HBL spec one.

The picture shows a HBL spoiler.

All the three leg ones I've seen have been on Impulses and featured a high level stop light.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

The LED brake light was the clincher for me choosing the 3 legged version.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I think the 2 leg one you're thinking of is some UK only option? On this Piazza here http://www.isuzuperformance.com/isupage ... /jbel.html

Here's a pic of a JDM Irmscher (left), HBL (right) next to each other
Last edited by Bugle on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPTOC
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by IPTOC »

Absolutely. I would do the same if I had the time, as there is wiring present in the UK spec cars' tailgates for a high mounted stop lamp due to the wiring loom being common with New Zealand and Japanese tailgates.

I'd be interested if anyone has any pics of a 3-legged spoiler without the lamp though, that would be yet another option to add to the mind boggling array of different parts for different markets that the Piazza and Impulse seemed to have. These cars would be almost impossible to build in today's JIT/kanban driven assembly plants purely due to complexity!
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Pretty sure all 3 leggers had a stop lamp.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Never seen a two leg WITH a stop light and never seen a three leg WITHOUT a stop light. The three leg ones I have seen (and owned) have all been on JDM Nero Irmschers and NONE were HBL cars, they were late models though 88/89 and unlike what Clive was saying the top mount screws were exposed style and fitted the exact same location height etc as the two leg. I know this for certain as I have swapped them over on a couple of my cars. Obviously the three leg has the extra holes in the hatch for centre leg and wiring but other than that they are identical. The higher position version with concealed mounts Clive mentioned I have not seen.