Stereo units fitting

DMZ
Probationary
Probationary

Stereo units fitting

Post by DMZ »

also...just wanted some advice on stereos. My car has unfortunately has its original fitment removed, and in the middle it has a modern cheap stereo and a digital clock, nothing much else. and I'm on the lookout for something 'period'. I mentioned in my introductory thread about the ideal being a 'triple' cd/tape/equaliser like the late Japanese Neros had, but no idea how to get hold of one or similar. Have been trawling the 'net to no avail. Am happy to adapt to fit/function.

Any Japanese resources anyone can put me in touch with for the potential to find any of these units or similar? Plus any tech advice re. stereo fitments.

Cheers,
Eddie
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

What about an MP3 stereo?
I got one of these the other day http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID ... TID=1029#4
Only one I could find that looked like it belongs in an 80's car.

Any 80's CD player is probably going to hopeless at playing burnt CD's, and while mix tapes are the best thing ever SD cards full of MP3's are way easier.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I got converted to Alpine years ago.

And despite years rejecting mp3, I now wonder why I even bothered buying a CD playing unit.

My main desires (other than sound quality - ie, Alpine) would be non-protrusive USB sticks, dimmable display, and dial controls for quick volume & equalisation etc.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.