Help!!! Battery hooking up question

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Help!!! Battery hooking up question

Post by Rodeobob »

Hey guys can anyone tell me if there car makes a relay type clicking sound when you put the battery in, key off.

I had to move the Piazza today to beat down the jungle that was threatening to engulf it. I noticed the noise. The charge light stays on, one would assume because the alternator is stuffed, but if you leave the car sit with the battery in it, its flat the next day. I was wondering if ive got a stuffed relay or a wiring issue thats powering something up that shouldnt be, or if a stuffed alternator will just do that (if its got an open circuit).

It could be that realy that Bugle squashed with no battery bracket. I didnt look too hard, i was fighting daylight, but it sounds like its coming from close to the battery. Could be rear of the batter nearer the injector blower.

Hey thats pretty fooly sic, us Piazza owners have fully blown injectors.

Oh ive got sad news Bugle, im 4 for none.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated fellas.

I wheeled my brothers Gemini in the shed today, i figure it wont take long to rip the motor out and fit the other seeing as he had nearly everything unbolted already. That way i can chuck the stuffed motor in the scrap steel smashed Pulsar before it goes. Then the Piazzas go in the shed for a big suspension swap. Yay. I rekon it will be easier to move house if ive got the Piazza close to being on the road and the two that dont go running using bits off the one thats blown up. Nope i havent even looked at that new white one yet.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

And which one is the "blown up" one? Black Auto?

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I'm pretty sure mine made a relay go click when I connect the battery althought it didn't make it go flat overnight..
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

for me the fuel pump relay was buggered once.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:And which one is the "blown up" one? Black Auto?

Nick-
No the new white Manual is knackered, apparently its blowing oil out all over the place.

The black auto doesnt go because its missing the turbo.

The white auto doesnt go becasue its missing the intercooler.

The black manual does go, issues above.

Cheers, for the tips guys.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Bob
The clicking noise shouldn't alarm you. Lotsa electrical bits are energised when you connect the battery. The ECU gets a feed as does the alternator and relays that are in door lock circuits, lighting circuits etc etc. as well as the main relay.

I bet you five bob to a knob of goat shit the battery going flat is the stuffed alternator. If the ignition light is on with the ignition off or stays on when engine is running you like as not have stuffed diodes, you probably know these are one way valves essentially and if stuffed they will let power flow the other way. The alternator could be bleeding your battery to death. Fully charge the battery and remove the plug out of the alt and disconnect and insulate the big heavy wire to the single post and see if your battery survives. if it does it is definitely the alt stealing your volts. Not uncommon.

Also look out for a wire trailing from your battery across the yard and up the wall of the house next door to their attic where the big lights are looking after their crop. :weedman: :weedman:
So many cars, so little cash