piazza's fate

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
12uzu
Learner
Learner

piazza's fate

Post by 12uzu »

I just bought a piazza on ebay my guess is it is a little sad but before i send it to isuzu heaven it will get a good hearing 1st. I have a little isuzu fettish with having 4 bellett gt's 2 sedans 1 sedan hillclimb car and 2 wasps,my old man has a sedan,a gt and wasp also. I also own a fleet of isuzu trucks to fund this sickness.
Now back to the piazza the purchase was made and the car can go in two directions from here 1 my daughter is in need of her 1st car so when we get it and have a good look we may give it a tidy up and a na engine or the second option will be remove the diff centre to give the wasp some legs, if this is the case i will give you guy's a chance to get what you need from it before it goes to scrap.
i am in qld it will not be a get rich quick set up i got the car cheaper than i could buy the diff and i understand what a pi$$a it is when a rare car moves on. Even worse when parts could help other cars live.
i will keep you up to date let me know what you need.
p.s izu069 has been kind to me in the past i may owe him 1st option.
this was ment to be in introductions sorry
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Oh dear - a conflict of interest....

IMHO the best option is the diff into the Wasp. The banjo will bolt straight in and that gives you 3.9 instead of 4.55 and an LSD if it's from a manual Piazza. (Rodeo & Jackaroo LSD banjos up until the 2.6 4ZE1 also bolt straight in but are the standard 4.55. But AFAIK a Piazza crown and pinion can be substituted - ie, convert a Piazza non-LSD diff to LSD.)

The second best option is the above into the Florian. (In fact that might be first option!) The same rules apply.

The stronger Piazza 5-speed box could also be used... (Match input & output splines with flywheel bearings (may change from 16mm to 17mm ID) and clutch splines (from course to fine) and tailshaft spline (fine spline, maybe larger diameter (2 diameters) - all available with BWF (Bellett/Wasp/Florian) universal joints!)
... though the Piazza may only be a 0.855 5th speed (as opposed to early Gems and diesels etc with 0.775), though that may be my G200W (ITEC!) Piazza box - I do have the Aussie Piazza 5th listed as 0.775.
[IMO 0.855 is too high - even for a G161 OHV in a (4.55 diff) Wasp. But later & much stronger MUA boxes have 0.809 and lower 5th gears.]

Of course with the above goes the G200W as an ideal power plant (the 4ZC1-t IMO is gutless), but let's just consider the Aussie 4ZC1-t Piazza engines for now. (insert EvilSmile emoticon here!)

Then there is the digi dash.
I reckon it will look good in my older Isuzus. I have a ~1985 Jackaroo dash in my Wasp, but was considering the Piazza digi-dash for my GT Bellett, and maybe my Florians.
(Note: Another "during my round-Australia 2005 trip" project is to be the re-gutting of the Piazza digi-dash: Stage-1 is original functionality; Stage-2 is enhanced functionality with user programming options, USB etc. It could even include my smart-EMS though that is another side project.)

The Piazza seats should be good in Florians. (MX5 etc else Isuzu-Recaro seats for Wasps & Belletts.)
Rearview mirror and internal light for Florians.

Since Wasps can use Rodeo disk brakes etc, and Belletts/Florians are better off with the '85-'92 Magna disks & calipers (Florian with the Bellett hub since the Florian drum-hole is 5mm larger than Bellett) - and probably a self-contained master cylinder from a Mazda 323 or Laser (eg ~1990 KE vintage) or Camira for their smaller Bellett-compatible length, the Piazza brakes are essentially useless.

The 4ZC1-t is a bit of a pain being G-Z compatible (ie, Gemini; the front-down oil filter problems etc).
And although there are standard Isuzu parts that will convert the oil filter/cooler stuff etc to be BWF compatible, I reckon stick with OHVs or DOHCs.
(Again, Geminis & hence Piazzas are "the odd one out" as far as BWF owners are concerned - so too the G-Z series of engines.)

So you could set up quite nicely. A few choice bits for yourselves. And a few choice bits to sell to the Gemini crowd (larger disks; 4ZC1-t & EMS).

[ Keep in mind Gemini owners are great for swapping the DOHC forward-down filter for our uprights, and the middle engine mounts for front engine mounts, and sometimes DOHC or LHS starter bell housings. Unfortunately we all want the DOHC Gemini sump - except for Florians (and Wasps I think), and we usually all want the "over the top" ECGI or ITEC EFI plennums.
We can also sell BWF starters to Geminis with DOHCs (unless they have diesel cross members and a suitable exhaust) whilst we can use Gemini and 4Z startermotors - especially (my highly recommended) reduction types (4ZE1 etc, or the in-line reduction aftermarkets that sell for ~$200). ]

Ah yes, much beneficial trading to be done....

However, you should do none of the above.
You should keep your Piazza intact and sell to Piazza fans that will no doubt offer you far more money than what good Florian seats and Gemini sparts are worth.
After all, apart from those Gemini & other owners that have intercepted Piazzas before the ended up at the tip (and thereby preserved some Piazza parts), they merely destroy Piazzas that could otherwise sell far cheaper or also end up at the tip, else hang around until some Piazza fan buys it.

But you have done the right thing - offering fist dibs to me and to others on this forum.
Hopefully despite the plethora of ensuing offers, you will find your best balance between fiscal and duty or honor.
(I can make it easier for you. I have no money. (. = FULL STOP) However I am indebted for your consideration. And, if my situation changes....)

Spread the word here, then maybe other forums....

And - BTW - WELCOME!
I like your introduction!
Funny how the vehicle or the technical overtakes the personal.... (Not for me though - I never get carried away....)

Praying for good sells & buys.

Best wishes.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
12uzu
Learner
Learner

Post by 12uzu »

no it's a auto so no lsd? its lizzies ute as we live in a country area it does a lot of hiway work. We just put a fresh 3 bearing g150 in it with gem conrods,pistons,cam grind,ballance,head work with gem valves still running a nikki carb until we run it in and get it soughted then su's. i wanted the diff before we run it to long. It went for it's 1 st run today. The piazza is on it's way as we speak. I will know more in a hour or so, i do have a homeless g180w here and 5sp.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Aussie Piazza autos did not have LSDs, though they could have been fitted by owners....

Your Piazza has a G150 3brg... (LOL!)

So your Wasp has its standard 3brg with cast iron head....
The 3 brgs are pretty zippy - I ran one with a 1969 Bellett alloy head (same as Florian) with a Delorto 40mm & extractors.
And those heads can produce more power than the alloys - though I think the later (large) head bolts are recommended. (Some were pulling 200HP.)

And I presume the Wasp has its standard CAST IRON housed gearbox with 4.449 first gear? That's very handy with the 4.55 diff for climbing 30% (1:3) inclines (though I had a G161 OHV Florian engine - it got us from Cape Trib to Cooktown and back via the "4WD" coast road, though it would have been faster without those bluddy slow 4WDs in the way!)

My G161 runs the Gemini pistons & rods (ACL PS1465-1 rings etc) and has a torquy cam grind, though not balanced etc. Also a Florian Nikki (with idle-cut solenoid - nice!), and now an electronic "RG" dizzy (T-series Gemini with RB Gemini reluctor, ignitor & IgCoil) and a 75A or 85A alternator (Subaru, though previously used Nissan N13 etc (but NOT the Bosch varieties!!).)

But she is nice with the (1985 Jackaroo) LSD - it has saved me a few times (and under-steered me TWICE - oddly enough both on the same bitumised local roundabout in the wet!) [Why? 'cos I was taking it easy!]

And with the lighter head & 5 speed box, I'm certain its 1340kg carrying capacity is now over 1400kg. Not that that matters - both capacities shit the regular Holden 1-tonne lads. (And unlike Ford utes, they don't break axles with a mere 2 tonnes in the back. Ha!)

But enough of our banter. Poor Piazza etc owners can't put in any engine like we pre '74 ADRers can. (And they were putting 454ci engines in Wasps in the States.)

LOL - I wonder what change in acceleration a standard G200W has in a Wasp? It was certainly an improvement in my Florian. But then when I DOUBLED its acceleration (ie, double the torque at half the RPM - eg 300Nm@2k & nearly 400Nm@3k) and it blew away WRXs etc....
But imagine a little Wasp doing that? Both are under 1 tonne, but my yellow Wasp is a Noddy Car compared to The Grey Nurse Florian.

Not that the G180W will have the same torque (not with a mere exhaust change), but top-end power can be comparable to the G200W.

Is it a blue G180W? (Not the earlier light-green? But a dark green - or even black (cam-covered) G180W could be interesting...)

Dear oh dear - we'll have to start an old-Isuzu forum....
Poida's twincam site is the closest I get to....

But this is YOUR thread. I'll stop bragging & rubbing it in.... but you & Lizzie know how it feels....

Let's find a good car... - I mean home - for your Piazza.
12uzu
Learner
Learner

Post by 12uzu »

piazza is not too bad its complete but the engine is not in one piece. there is a plastic panel missing above lhr window, as for rust it has a small buble in the roof above the glass not through the same rhf door bubles in paint tail gate rhs about as round as a coffee cup,rhs below windscreen a little larger than a 50c piece under the plastic.
Liz came down for a look and said you are not wrecking that.
isuzu museum comming soon lol
12uzu
Learner
Learner

Post by 12uzu »

The wasp has the cast 10mm bolt head all stock on the outside engine wise, latest commodore green,pr90 spedo,tacho and pr91 cluster set into a reco dash.
g180w is early one. The one you start and then make a coffee while the rattle stops lol.
i could fit it with a bellett auto twin webbers in the piazza.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Pity it ain't a blue...
I wonder if the dark green still exists in Brizzy. (Camira - no pun!)

And yes - the pre-ratchet tensioners.

And Webers are back in - half the price that they used to be (new!).

Now, was it F2 or F12 emulsion tubes for the G-W? (Anything else was close to useless!)