Isuzone website down

Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Isuzone website down

Post by Piazza_man »

Does anyone know why the isuzone.org forum is down? It's been like that for several days now. It says the account has been suspended.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I heard that someone complained about copyright infringment, though im not sure if its true..
It has been the whole week though, im starting to wonder if it will even come back.
1986 Piazza - 1984 Piazza
1986 Heron MJ1
www.mvpc.co.nz www.ihwedding.co.nz
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

I was wondering the same thing... I get my weekly fix from these 2 websites and it would be horried if they never came back :director:
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

And to think I thought I was suspended,lol
If you boost it,they will run!!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's still down, I wonder how long it will be until they find this site and start flooding it with useless posts about 2nd gen Piazza's.
1986 Heron MJ1
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Yeah it's a shame we didn't get those 2nd gen cars in Oz (apart from the odd imports). We'd have a lot more things to talk about. But they are still welcome though.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

1986 Heron MJ1
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Who's Bill? Are we talking about Clinton?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

1986 Heron MJ1
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Ah yes. It all makes sense now. Mr isuzuperformance.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Not again!
Years ago a certain litol from a local Isuzu club reckoned 'merkan lawyers were out to sue anyone using any Isuzu passenger vehicle name. The story was that Isuzu thought it would jeopardise their 4WD sale if anyone found out that they had "abandoned" their passenger vehicles... hence the local Bellett club was in danger.
The real story - lawyers in USA were going for copyright. Isuzu had repeatedly asked a certain site (Bills?) to desist with his logo imitations and use proper Isuzu ones (pun unintended). [Not that it was a drama for me - I knew better ha ha! However that hasn't stopped said litol et al making similarly ignorant "legal" statements since. (What I have learned - those that do it most think that others do the same...)]
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I take it 'merkan lawyers were unsuccessfully in their bid. That would have been good news for you.

Ghost, I looked at that YouTube vid. Funny s**t man. The old saying about throwing stones in glass houses should apply to this POI in this case.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

The 'merkans had no jurisdiction down here. (Nor did Sony "lawyers" when it actioned some for copyright etc - eg, ripping discs.) I knew that straight away.

Plus of course the whole thing was one of the "BCCV's legal experts" (ha) ...er, interpretation.
How can someone twist a logo "suit" into a "suing for using Bellett & Gemini etc references" is beyond me, but that's just one of many of those litols acts. The trouble is, they tend to avalanche into big issues. (I'm sure they are fans of A Current Affair and Today Lastnight etc.)

Hmmm - I wonder if the (Bellett) GT-R chassis number debate is still raging. At least I think that now some know that GT-Rs were not only orange or white (one was claimed to be a fake because it was green!; I think Archangel might recall that one...?).

These days, an Australian has the Australian rights to the name "Isuzu" and "Bellett" and some others. He could sue certain "clubs" that have formed in the past decade, but certain clubs (like the BCCV) are safe.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.