Random Piazza Rims

GEMWRC
Probationary
Probationary

Random Piazza Rims

Post by GEMWRC »

Got a set of these rims hey guys , need some serious polishing to get back to this, and too think i was considering painting them white..

Where they only on certain models or what was the go..
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hi Gemwrc,
I'm pretty sure the car you see is the one and only production prototype, which is now in a museum probably suffering from radioactive fallout somewhere in Japan. But I've only ever seen the rims on this prototype. Having said this the rims could have made it into production for the early '79 or '80 model Japanese Piazzas, which is probably what you have. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You should post some pics of your rims.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You should post some pics of your rims.
Early model JR130 Dohc and Sohc circa 82/83 were fitted with options of steel wheels with bloody awful little hub caps or an equally nasty 3 piece rim that use to fracture and these mags, they were all 13" and you can't fit them to a JR120 or in your jargon the YB coz they won't clear the front brake caliper. I have an '83 with them fitted in nice order and another spare set in not so nice but acceptable condition. They used a 185-65 tyre as standard fitment. While I think about it, often the gem and Chevette upgraders are desperately hunting for Turbo stub axles so they can fit piazza turbo brakes, the turbo and non turbo stub axles are identical, the calipers are also identical, the turbo has a 250 disc and the non turbo a 230 disc. The caliper mount bracket is the only difference, it carries the caliper out 10mm more to accommodate the larger disc and therefore prevents fitting the 13" wheels. so if you have a set you might find it a chalklenge sticking them on an an ocker YB.

I suspect they came off an early model private import as they were never fitted to anything after 1983 and that is before oz had even heard of the piazza, let me know if you want some more!

Go to home page/gallery/NZ cars/mrswedgie toy1 and you can see mine in the flesh
So many cars, so little cash
GEMWRC
Probationary
Probationary

Post by GEMWRC »

Ok.. once again all very interesting , i love the history side of this and other Isuzu forums .. The rims have some old rally type tires on them and was thinking of using them in a yearly dirt superkhana event in my Gemini (yes i said that word) .. I have not measured my calipers but 13" dragways fit over my piazza brakes but until i test fit or measure my rotors i wont be sure.. No centers sadly but they can be made up..

and a link to my new Isuzu JT150 with styling by Irmscher
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid ... &aid=53183
GEMWRC
Probationary
Probationary

Post by GEMWRC »

:axe: Hey guys im back ..

Pulled these rims out the other day for a Resto - would anyone be interested in them once completed - they will be going cheap and are coming up nic if your keen.

Last edited by GEMWRC on Sat May 26, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Probationary
Probationary

Post by GEMWRC »

I know these mags are not that sexy but they will suit one of my Gems ok hehe - Does anyone have any centers there not wanting or using for these . old babies

Off topic - seen this one ?
archangel62

Post by archangel62 »

Yeah I've seen that pic before, that thing's the secks!
Indigo - '76 TX Gemini sedan, G180W+T project,
Abigail - '81 TE sedan, white, G180W ITB project,
New Hotness - TG Gemini drift car, orange, 4ZE1+T
Tardis - 1986 Piazza 4ZC1-T, black, forged, 136rwkw @13psi
Coupe - TX coupe grip car, "do it later", G180W+twin carbs
Trevor aka Jimmy's Gem - Grandpa-spec TD
BA Falcon - Tow car