heater and dash

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Shorty

heater and dash

Post by Shorty »

just wanting to say thanks to wedgenut for the help on the heater problem i think i have found the problem. there is a control arm just behind the radio on the left that dosen't move i am guessing that is the flap to control the climate control so i am hoping to be able to pull it out and replace it with the spare one i got (if it works).

i am also wondering if anyone knows much about the wiring of a piazza. i changed my stereo on the weekend (put a pioneer in dash display unit and pioneer 12 disk cd stacker in it) and now my dash dosen't work. i am not sure if it nuts the tin or if a wire runs threw the stereo loom and into the dash. i know it sounds like a silly idea dash wire threw the stereo loom but i did find out the hard way that without the stereo loom pluged in the car won't turn over so i am wondering if i might be drawing too much power and the dash has just shut down.

any help would be great ont this matter guys
wedgenut

Post by wedgenut »

Just read the message regards the stereo and startng problem. Have close look at the loom that comes down to through the stereo area and you will probably find wires that run under the console to the back around the gear lever area. There is sometimes a termination plug there that I think has something to do with the interlock for the automatic version to prevent strating when not in park or neutral, at least I think that is what its for coz when mine was unplugged it wouldn't turn over. trouble was that when it was plugged in the reversing lights stayed on al the time. My wiring has been pissed about with by experts. In the end i added a separate earth loop from the main relay under the bonnet down to the inner guard and problem went away. Unconvential but worked. The point is that the wire in question may have been accidentally cut or disconnected when playing with stereo wiring. Best of luck