The more info you can post up the better, get pics.

Please share wreckers around Australia and NZ that you know have Piazzas or parts in stock
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

The more info you can post up the better, get pics.

Post by Rodeobob »

Post up if you know of a car at a wreckers thats got some good bits left on it. Pics would be good if you can.

bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Also do like to add, that if you do know of a wrecker who used to or had piazza(s) and/or parts please list them aswell. Their is a great chance that this wrecker will have piazza parts on a regular basis.

Cheers
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Drivechain01
Learner
Learner

Post by Drivechain01 »

Hi, I tried to buy a Piazza in Christchurch a couple years back but the dealer gave it to MetalCorp in Hornby. Not sure if it's been crushed because I called up the scrappers asap but they would not disclose anything at all. So possibly in south-west Christchurch.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It will be long gone by now.
Then again one of my local car crushers saved quite a few cars from destruction, probably why they lost 50m last year and went broke..
1986 Piazza - 1984 Piazza
1986 Heron MJ1
www.mvpc.co.nz www.ihwedding.co.nz
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Ironic that since this thread's OP on NYE 2005, RBob has sent a few Piazzas to the recyclers.
Of course that's in Australia - and more so Victoria (Melbourne) where many seem to "want" without parting money. (Gemini owners may prove to be our best Piazza caretakers - at least for brakes, engines, gearboxes etc.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

It's a real shame that's still happening.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Agreed. But it's quite natural.
People can't keep all they have.
Others aren't prepared to pay, or even ask etc.
So to the tip they go.

And if you mean Gemini owners butchering Piazza parts, IMO it's a similar thing - Piazza owners are not prepared to pay the same as Gemini owners.
The one good thing I see about Gemini owners getting Piazza parts is that at least those parts have not gone to the tip so there is some chance or recovery later. And in some cases, the Gemini owner has other Piazza bits or maybe even the whole Piazza.

I saw a similar thing with Belletts (& Florians) though Belletts didn't have an "alternative" market like Geminis etc {though some Gem owners wanted Bellett gearboxes, and later GT-R LSDs for whatever reason(?!!)}.
But there were the usual "somebody should..." (collect sparts etc) but few did - and those few were usually already overstocked.
Not even the Bellett club (BCCV) would buy or fund sparts despite their excessive $6k bank balance.
Even when members acquired parts would members rarely "stock up" - even on the perishables like oil filters, disk pads etc.
{LOL - the member that acquired genuine GT disk kits (pads, seals & their unique dust boots) which originally sold for $5 and later $15 a set (aftermarket pads alone were then $35 and later $75) found a final set of ~10 kits which he advertised for $30 per kit. (Aftermarket pads were then no longer available; seals from a ~$22 K1000S seal kit could be used, but the dust boots were uniquely GT Bellett.) After several months I contacted him to see what was left. He had only sold ONE kit! So, despite still having kits from the old $5 per kit days, I purchased what he had. These days people are paying FAR more than $30 to have pads bonded to the old pad-plates, and they still don't have the dust boots. [I'm not sure if that's where one whinger concocted some story about me acquiring a whole lot of sparts, but he added how I could well afford it despite him earning $25k per year more than me! Sorry, I'll cease that hijack.]}

Even RodeoBob made a bulk buy of Piazza lower front ball joints at a damn good price (under $40 each compared to the ~$260 and later ~$160 that were being quoted locally) based on "forum demand". Now he's stuck with 10-20 pairs of ball joints that are unique to the Piazza.

My tip - get parts whilst you can.

PS - Florians were a bit of a laugh. They were of no interest until the masses figured out that the Florian G161 (OHV) block could be used for the rare GT Bellett G161 (OHV with twin carbs) albeit with extension drilling of some cam oil feeds. Of course some others have found what I found - the Florian is an excellent cruiser AND has better handling than Belletts (after stiffening its suspension). To think I ever doubted what the BCCV's founder and 2nd treasurer said all those years ago...
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.