[SOLVED] Workshop Manual Question

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
cap1109a6
Learner
Learner

[SOLVED] Workshop Manual Question

Post by cap1109a6 »

Hello,

I encountered something odd. Why does my 1985 Impulse OEM service manual not cover the 4zc1-t engine? Is there a supplement manual? So far I have failed to find one. Does the 1986 workshop manual cover it?

Any help/info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Last edited by cap1109a6 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

This is a supplemental manual to a normal workshop manual for us in Australia. Both manuals and the service manual are 4zc1-T specific as there were no other engines available here. Not sure how many other supplemental titles there are. Was there problem or if you were just curious about why the 4zc-1T was not included in your service manual? I suppose we can send you a copy of our service manual if you're really that desperate, but it could still cause slight conflicts with differences in oils and other fluids specifications:

Last edited by Piazza_man on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
archangel62

Post by archangel62 »

Ooooh, Eyecon, does that have anything in it about a flashing oil light and/or check engine light? Mine has been doing that since the ECU conversion, but the old ECU is still powered... not sure what's causing it as it has an oil signal...
Indigo - '76 TX Gemini sedan, G180W+T project,
Abigail - '81 TE sedan, white, G180W ITB project,
New Hotness - TG Gemini drift car, orange, 4ZE1+T
Tardis - 1986 Piazza 4ZC1-T, black, forged, 136rwkw @13psi
Coupe - TX coupe grip car, "do it later", G180W+twin carbs
Trevor aka Jimmy's Gem - Grandpa-spec TD
BA Falcon - Tow car
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I have an 86 Impulse manual and it only covers the G200Z too. Would have to be a supplementary manual. Maybe an 88/89 manual would cover the turbo? Since they no longer made them with a G200Z then.
cap1109a6
Learner
Learner

Post by cap1109a6 »

Thanks for the help guys. Can't imagine what the dealers here in the US did for the 85/86 years without a supplement manual.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have the 4zc1-t model. Nothing is specifically wrong but it needs a lot of standard work before I even get to the hard to figure out stuff. Wouldn't mind having the proper manual while I'm doing it.

Thanks for the offer eyecon, but I'll try Bugle's 88/89 manual idea before I put one of you southern hemisphere guys out like that.

Mike
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

cap1109a6 wrote:Thanks for the help guys. Can't imagine what the dealers here in the US did for the 85/86 years without a supplement manual.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I have the 4zc1-t model. Nothing is specifically wrong but it needs a lot of standard work before I even get to the hard to figure out stuff. Wouldn't mind having the proper manual while I'm doing it.

Thanks for the offer eyecon, but I'll try Bugle's 88/89 manual idea before I put one of you southern hemisphere guys out like that.

Mike
No problem and good luck. Next time you visit make sure you post some pics up of your Impulse. We all love pics.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Aside from Chilton's Isuzu Cars and Truck 1981-91 I only have the piazzamanual.pdf which used to be available from this site (for AUD $15?). That covers only the 4ZE1-t with mechanical distributor and Bosch Jetronic based Jap EMS and not the Isuzu I-TEC systems with optical dizzy (which I think was used on non-Australian 4ZC1-t models).
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
cap1109a6
Learner
Learner

Post by cap1109a6 »

Found my solution in a 1986 OEM manual:
Not sure why your book doesn't cover it Bugle. Maybe 2 editions?
eyecon wrote:No problem and good luck. Next time you visit make sure you post some pics up of your Impulse. We all love pics.
I'll take a fast one:
I'll post some better ones once she's tip top.

Thanks again for the help guys. Let me know if you need anything from this side of the equator.

Mike