I'm baaaccckkk!

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

The trans seal is bad archangel.Bad news and greater news.The seller flaked out on all the little interior pieces I need that are almost impossible to find.The greater news is my persistence paid off.I have been hitting all the Isuzu dealers and scored those parts in NOS.I even got a brand new turbo leather shift knob for my conversion.I have lots of more to come and will continue to post.
If you boost it,they will run!!
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Side window decals came in and they are spot on size and all.$40 for the set.They can change it so 4EC1 as well using the same font.They are really perfectionists once I figure out what color I will be redoing my car I'll have them make all the rears too.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Ok I installed the decals,this guys work is on the money
Heres the original(hard to tell from pics but was cracking)
And the replica
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Persistence pays off,found some more rare items I have been on the prowl for
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

👍👏
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Custom lowering springs and spax adjustable shocks in
Leaky slush Box is out
Bad news the bigger sway bars wont fit
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Ready to install the new pedal box
Love me some NOS
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

At this rate the trans and suspension should be done in a week or 2.The sway bars I ordered are the wrong size end links are smaller and the bends are slightly different,does the pre-Lotus model have different shape bars?Its nice to actually see RUST FREE chasis and body.I will go over all the bushings and check the steering then start getting the cosmetics.Looking at a few different wheels no bigger then 16s for my car.
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

She's looking good!
Congrats on the parts but commiserations on the smalls that didn't come thru.
Incidentally I might have some of those odd trims but they'll be grey and I've been hoping to avoid posting. Actually I've been avoiding my rear yard and any vehicle sparts searches, but now I am getting around to removing stuff.

On that, one Piazza (silver with faulty auto) will go to the guy that got me into Piazzas and this whole web scene with car forums. The other (red auto, blown import engine, analog dash) will be disposed.
I'll be keeping sparts like front seats & maybe the rears as well as the 3.9 ratio diff gears for my Florians. (They are both open diffs so I'll use Rodeo/Jackaroo/Trooper LSD banjos.)

Seeing your auto box made me wonder if I should keep mine if no one else here wants it...?

But what prompted this written expression of my usual oohs & aahs is - is your engine I-TEC?.
If you can at some stage post or link a pic of your distributor...? That might be enough to ascertain that it isn't one of our recalcitrant ECU systems tho I know it's difficult seeing anything with dizzy other than its cap & HT leads.
Its cabling needs to be seen tho I really want to confirm if the dizzy uses the same optic module as the 1980s G200W Piazzas and 1990s 4ZE1 Trooper/Jackaroo (not Rodeo) with its 2x2 4 pin spade connector exiting the base of the dizzy body - not out the side with a 4x1 connector like the Rodeo 4ZE1.
Otherwise a cap-off pic showing the 4 & 360 slot optic interrupter else whatever is in its place. That confirms it's a typical 1980's optical I-TEC system but as I recall removing the cap is a job preferably avoided.

The reason for the above is a relatively recent request for some ITEC 4ZE1 info but the questioner was unable to provide the dizzy info.
Tho I have an early G200W ITEC dizzy as well as pics somewhere, I don't have much 4ZE1 ITEC info. (Unless I've forgotten about that as I have so much other old but resurfacing info.)

But do not go to any extra trouble - I don't want you unscrewing or moving things only to cause engine problems. It's only if pics are handy or convenient.
Besides, this is another sleeper -cum- incidental issue.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

I'll get some pics after I get my car back from my friends for you do you want any pics from my shop manual? Thanks for getting those little parts for me I've been searching for over a year.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Whoa - I haven't got the parts yet AND I'll have to review what you were after.
If it was a thanks in anticipation, fine, but me and schedules are on different timelines. I used to procrastinate by these days I couldn't be bothered.

And thanks for the shop manual pics offer but no for now.
In fact that made me think how I might have that info and lo & behold, my Mitchell Electronic Fuel Injection - Imported Cars, Light Trucks & Vans does!
Although it doesn't state what engines, it covers four I-TEC implementations, namely 1988 2.6L (4ZE1) Pickup & Trooper II; early 88 Impulse non turbo; early 88 Impulse turbo; & 1988 Impulse (obviously turbo).

They all use the 4-wire CAS - ie, optic dizzy - as I expected. However I expected to see the optics used in an import 1983 G200Z I-TEC Piazza I was looking to buy and I was surprised by its normal mechanical dizzy (albeit no doubt a reluctor type) and since the Mitchell TOC refers to Isuzu 1983-88 Impulse, Impulse Turbo...

Hence you don't even have to worry about the dizzy pics. It'd be more for your info in case a new module is ever required - ie, is it the 1980 G200W and 4ZE1 Jackaroo/Trooper out the bottom 2x2 plug or Rodeo 4ZE1 out the side inline 4 plug type? I'd suspect the former.
I reckon I have enough info besides which I now suspect that whilst the request came from a mate, it was for someone I don't deal with (read: ordered not to deal with).

FYI -our 4ZC1-t licensed Bosch Jetronic system is covered somewhere though maybe in another Mitchell Isuzu book I have. I couldn't find it in this manual but I may be confusing my linking of ours to a similar L-Jetronic that it does cover.
As to linking engines with EMSs I think I can rely on my memory. EG - all Piazza G200Ws were optical I-TECs and no G200W or G200Z was ever turbod. 4ZC1-t existed in both non-ITEC and ITEC versions. I have nothing to indicate 4ZC1-t ITECs were not optical. All others may have used mechanical dizzies whether ITEC or not (eg, G200Z).

Thanks again.
I'll endeavor to review your sparts wishes before next millennium.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Thanks I think I scored all my parts.Even got some factory badges and decals from ISuzu
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Congrats!
And thanks heaps for the update - very timely indeed...
This week I was approached about a Piazza for interim use which may become a more permanent G200W vehicle... Hopefully it won't happen - it's yet another car though a modern one that I can easily & legally put a G200W in to - but that might compromise the sparts I can offer. (I'll get it next weekend else continue to dispose of my '86 4ZC1-t Piazzas.)