'84 Isuzu Piazza Workshop Manual

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
clyde
Probationary
Probationary

'84 Isuzu Piazza Workshop Manual

Post by clyde »

WTB: workshop manual - paper or digital. thanks.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Hey Clyde
The thread is old but it still might be worth a try. Failing that Peter (aka isuzu69) might be able to help. Failing that I have an actual original manual. If there is a particular section to require I could photocopy it and send it via post. I probably can't copy the entire manual though. Too many pages.

http://www.isuzupiazza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1028
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

The Aussie 1986 turbo workshop manual is still advertised on the Home page, but 1984 was an import with G200Z else G200W version - both ITEC EFI (albeit with the ex-Byron Bay G200Z I saw having a mechanical dizzy unlike G200W twincams which have the optical locked dizzy).

The 900 page aussie 4ZC1-t piazzamanual.pdf is 71.2MB. (As per eyecon's link, the PDF doe omit one foldout wiring diagram page.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Sorry Pete I assumed he was talking about the Aus spec Piazzas. As usual you're on the ball.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

"As usual"? LOL! I started answering as if it were an Aussie but amazingly managed to reread the '84 in the title.

Not that I'd admit that on the forum of course.

Hey, that PM Submit button looks a bit different...
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Haha I hope you didn't misunderstand me 'ol mate, but however you want to say it you're still the Guru. Btw I checked PIODA's link on Virtual R's post and it no longer works, and I don't think Virtual R would be responding given how old that post is (2007). Maybe IPTOC would be worth a try if Clyde is still interested.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Damn - I see I'm a "Power Moderator". I was gonna say someone must know something; contact a mod; etc.

But wrx884 seemed to get one from Roy (Virtual-R) in Piazza overdrive switch wiring - 6th post Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:54 pm (Zulu AEDT) noting that that is for the Aussie 4ZC1-t Piazza.

IMO depending on what is wanted, it might suffice for the '84 Piazza. Though the ECU is different, wiring should otherwise be much the same, and certainly the same color codes for the same functions.
G200Z info can be obtained from Jackaroo & Rodeo (& Shuttle?) sources.
The main problem would be the G200Z I-TEC but I'd expect that to be similar to other ITECs (eg 4ZE1 Isuzus & G200W Piazzas) except for the mechanical dizzy.

I have a Mitchell EFI book on yankee imports which contains 1988 turbo & non-turbo Troopers (Jackaroo) & Pickup (Rodeo) and Impulse (Piazza) but they are all locked optidizzies like our 4ZE1 Jacks & Rodeos & Kiwi/JDM G200W Piazzas. And I find the book to be of limited detail when desired (eg, "CAS" points angles or timing for the Bosch D-Jetronic as used in the factory prototype 117 Coupe G161W EFI vehicles - yeah I know, "OEM G161 EFI" - no such thing").
[ Honestly I was VERY surprised to find the G200Z Piazza had a mechanical dizzy. It would have been an interesting addition to the wanker arguments on a certain bellNet thread... ]

If clyde responds with what he requires maybe I/we can help further though I suggest getting the site's 4ZC1-t piazzamanual.pdf anyhow. IMO it's great value for $12 and as I said, probably gives much info relevant to an '84 Piazza.

Oh - and I didn't misunderstand you (eyecon). I have never taken anything you say as a criticism or attack - I only see it as the wit I expect on these forums. Of course, I am very ignorant & naive...
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Looks like Clyde is MIA, but yes 12 bucks for a Piazza manual is damn good buy in anyone's language. But again it will come down to what he needs to fix/replace. An '84 model would be the JR130 designation wouldn't it.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Found a JR130 parts catalogue if that helps him:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f152991827
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

WOW - starting bid ~AUD$12. I'd pay that for the (fun of having) Piazza G200W info. (I have the G200WE-Japanese.pdf)

And I might finally get decent wing mirrors - ie, electric & convex - though would you need electric if convex?

Great find eyecon!

And I'd still have to look up which are JR120 & JR130... I didn't know my G200 DOHC was a G200W until 10 years after I retired it! (But I've long known Bellett GT Type-Rs never had PR91W chassis numbers... rotflmao!)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

That's my favourite site for getting rare and interesting parts for the (cough) engineering master piece (cough cough) that shall be forever known as the Piazza. Have bought many an item from the site.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

eyecon wrote:... (cough) engineering master piece (cough cough) ...
Well, it is - or was.

I was looking for a site that had a reasonable write up and mentioned how Ford & others bought Piazzas and reverse-engineered things like its door hinges etc. I think it was one of the yank sites (or maybe even south 'merkan ;) ) late last year. Though written a decade or 2 later, it was surprisingly similar to what GURU said.

Alas Holden stuffed up big time with the Piazza - way too late; superseded chassis; and altered handling... not to mention forgetting to cancel their 2nd order of 350 units LOL!.

Maybe I shouldn't avoid Yahoo? Looks like a good site/source. (I admit I use the Yahoo TV EPG, but as for Yahoo Answers and similar sites - talk about crimes against humanity!)
But I'm now out of Piazzas and merely collect their conrods, LSDs else crown & pinions, G200Ws & 5-speeds for my few remaining vehicles.
Maybe I'll buy a going manual in a few years... G200W version would be nice!

PS - I still have digidashes but unsure whether I will fit them to my Florians.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Perfectly valid points you make there. I forgot about all that stuff. Perhaps if they made the chassis and sheet metal less prone to rust we'd have plenty more of them on the road. I guess I was too focused on rust and front end weight distribution issues too much.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I know we've been getting off topic abit (your fault lol) but here's another link that might help him, albeit the USA version.
http://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/151981792821
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

No point looking further to help if Clyde's not even responding.