'84 Isuzu Piazza Workshop Manual

After a Piazza or just some parts. Here's the place to go.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

WOW - at $5 I'd grab that '84 Impulse manual. Pity about the >$50 postage (USD).

I agree, may as well PM or email each other if Clyde doesn't respond. (I think he has the Coffs or Byron '84 G200Z Piazza that I knocked back.)

I've forgotten the details GURU said about our Aussie Piazzas. Now knowing about mechanical dizzy G200Z Piazzas I'd like to interrogate more. (I didn't even know about non-G200W Piazzas (ie, G200Z versions) until relatively recently - ie since 2005.)

Incidentally, you know RodeoBob's hypothesis about white Piazzas being more rust prone than others? It was an old question based on his findings where many whites were exceptionally rusted (mainly around windscreen areas as I recall) whereas others weren't. Not sure if he had enough samples to be statistically significant...
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

I can't speak for windscreens but in my own experience re rear tailgates my current grey one had rust around the rear window before it was repaired. Before that my blue blue one showed the same signs. Pretty much every colour of piazza/impulse I've seen have had this problem at some stage. My theory is that because white is such a contrasting colour any slight signs of rust will be obvious to spot.
clyde
Probationary
Probationary

Post by clyde »

Hi guys, I have been away a lot and I did buy an Impulse manual for the '84 model. It seems to be accurate albeit the pics are for LHD Impulses. It is an original Isuzu manual and quite detailed. Thanks for the input everyone.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Thanks for getting back to us.

And congrats on getting a good (workshop) manual.
In my experience, Jap workshop manuals are more like textbooks - it's amazing the detail they can give, almost a full-blown mechanic's course.

I especially like their electrical diagrams which i find convey a lot of info in a reasonably simple way though recently I've become curious... have Australian reprints introduced inaccuracies or were they there from the start? VIZ - I found the factory Ford KE Laser and Holden Piazza manuals to contain several electrical errors... And since I presume these were base on original Japaneses manuals...?

Does your '84 manual contain details for the G200W engine? Not that it's a big deal but it'd be interesting to see changes from the 117 G200W as per the G200WE Engine Manual-Japanese.pdf from symons.net.au etc. (I suppose in depth ITEC info would be too much to expect?)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
clyde
Probationary
Probationary

Post by clyde »

Hi, and thanks for info. The manual only covers the G200Z engine and I am happy with that. It is indeed detailed and is vital for some jobs. I have been collecting parts for the necessary repairs: full set of ball joints, picked up a reman A/C compressor from the US for A$212 landed, will remove the rear bootlid struts and find appropriate struts then machine the brackets to accept the standard strut ends, found some bushes for the rear trailing arms, and a windscreen from the guy up on Sunshine Coast. Hope to start work on most of it in a few weeks. I have limited room where we are but shifting soon into double garage so I ca get some of the chores done. Thanks again for all the info. Cheers, Clyde