Contact About Us Links
FAQ - Search - Members - Groups - Register - Private Messages - Log in

FS: Lightspeed Attenuator matched LDRs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to IsuzuPiazza.com :: Uniting Isuzu/ Holden Piazza Enthusiasts since 2002 Forum Index -> UK - Parts and others for sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanCaleb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: FS: Lightspeed Attenuator matched LDRs Reply with quote

I am going to buy another 300 LDRs in a few weeks to build the Lightspeed Attenuator. My matching is very very tight. I have now tested and matched over 400 of these things and you will certainly be happy with the product. All profits go to the 'Help Uriah Afford to DIY' fund.
Pricing is $30 for a matched set to make a stereo attenuator. Thats 4 LDRs, 2 matched for series, 2 matched for shunt.
The sound is WAY better than any ALPS or resistor ladder style attenuator. I can attest to that and its not a subtle increase in sound quality its frankly stunning. Many people have said it sounds better than Penny and Giles or TVC style pots. Have not heard these but it would not surprise me at all. This is my standard now and I cant imagine anything sounding better.
Output impedance is on average from 7-10k. I have got up to 25k one time and several times have got up to 15k.
Please search this forum for the Lightspeed Attenuator thread and you will see how to build it (very easy and I am here to help).
Balanced is frankly expensive. Needing 8 matched LDRs it is not only hard to find but it breaks up the possibility for other single ended pairs. So in light of how rare they are its $90 for the 8 it would take to build a balanced attenuator.
If you want me to do the matching I will and if you would like to do it yourself then you can participate in this buy by ordering a recomended 25 LDRs at the reduced price I will get. I can buy them for 2.21 each at the quantity I will be buying so for about $55.25 rather than the $75 it would cost at the 25qty level.

For more details:Infographic Animation Video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to IsuzuPiazza.com :: Uniting Isuzu/ Holden Piazza Enthusiasts since 2002 Forum Index -> UK - Parts and others for sale All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: