Heres my collection

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Dont get ya???? Yours got no cracks as well???
Yeah, i meant no cracks. I think it was early morning when i wrote that, way past my bed time. Why the auto tranny though? :scratch: The Jackaroo had the LSD Centre yeah? If so....id be looking at that rear end in the white piazza very closely...

If you came and eyeballed it in person youd look at me and try and sus out how many marbles id actually lost. Its pretty dinged up and needs a lot of love
It aint that bad bloke. It looks rough but nice, paint is really showing its age but other then that it does look good. At this age, none are really pristine any more. Its got the potential to get it in nice shape, just needs some time and work.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Rodeobob wrote:
?piazza? wrote:the 4K white nero is pretty nice - best one ive seen. get it if u got 4K to spare and more to get it complianced :)
Agreed, its sweet. If i had 4k it would be at my house. lol.
Id have all the bits need to comply it too.

Bob.
what things do you think it'd need to be complianced?
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Not sure bout the Piazza, but if its anything like engineering a PF60 ZZ/R Gemini you'd need :

- Cat convertor [many overseas EFI ULP cars dont actually have them, EG. The Ferrari Testarossa UK import my close mates dad is compliancing]

- Unleaded fuel filler restrictor [piss easy]

- Side intrusion bars in doors [Piss easy, get Aus-spec Piazza doors]

- ADR Approved tyres and seatbelts

All that springs to mind, theres a few other lil things but thats it. You need to get these signed off by an engineer and thats basically it. So, Markus...something just occured to me. Your Piazza is white. The Nero is white. Yours is Aus-spec meaning itd have all the bits you'd need to compliance the Nero....think about it buddy :yawinkle:

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Not sure bout the Piazza, but if its anything like engineering a PF60 ZZ/R Gemini you'd need :

- Cat convertor [many overseas EFI ULP cars dont actually have them, EG. The Ferrari Testarossa UK import my close mates dad is compliancing]

-
Also Australian Commercial Vehicles on ULP didnt have to have a cat converter until way after 86 when unleaded came in. Not sure when they started with it must have been about 1990 or so. In 1986 there was still a different emissions standard for commercial vehicles.

Bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I got some Jap doors off that 83 Piazza Nero the car must have been brought in a while back because it didn't have any of todays compliancing requirements fulfilled. Had leaded fuel filler, original seat belts, and convex un powered mirrors so I assume the doors are original to the car.. I got the doors with mirrors off it and they had original intrusion bars exactly the same as the doors on my car so maybe they stuck them in all JDM Piazzas too. So you'd probably only have to change the mirrrors to flat ones on that bit..

So yeah get it!
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:I got some Jap doors off that 83 Piazza Nero the car must have been brought in a while back because it didn't have any of todays compliancing requirements fulfilled. Had leaded fuel filler, original seat belts, and convex un powered mirrors so I assume the doors are original to the car.. I got the doors with mirrors off it and they had original intrusion bars exactly the same as the doors on my car so maybe they stuck them in all JDM Piazzas too. So you'd probably only have to change the mirrrors to flat ones on that bit..

So yeah get it!
Youd be surprised, perhaps they sold them in a european country where the intrusion bars were needed so all cars got them.
As for the fuel filler, werent the japs the first to go to ULP??? They would have no need for a smaller filler if thats the case. That was just to stop aussies from putting super in their ULP cars. But that doesnt stop soccer mums from putting ULP in their diesel 4x4's. lol..

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah it's pretty silly being a compliance requirement these days when you can't even buy leaded petrol anymore.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Just a bit of an Update.

I got the No 1 Piazza in the shed this evening.

I fitted up an alternator that works. What a shit of a job.
Fixed the pawl on the hand brake and straightened it out. They are a flimsy peice of crap. I had to make a few mods coz the pawl is now shorter but its working like a new one.
I adjusted the hand brake cable.
I put the mags on the back of it, while it was up on stands i put it in gear and spun the wheels up in 1st gear and hey guess what my speedo doesnt work. Damn now ive got to go thru the others and try them to see if they work.
Ive got to find a few little dash and steering column bits and put all of it back together. Rear wiper switches, horn earth tab etc.

I was going to put the front bumper back on but i figure it will be easier to do the front ball joints and springs with it off. So i might leave it off now till thats done.

I think i might strip the std radio and equaliser out of one of the other cars and put that in it too. Intention is to keep the car stock and i figure it would be easier to do that than fix up the mess that the guys got there now.

I figure tomorrow i will cheat if i get time. Do the comp test on the white manual and strip the bits off it to get the other two cars running and test the speedos. Three running and one not, Piazzas are easier to move than one running, one blowing oil all over the joint and two not running.

Cheers. Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

God on ya Bob, get some on the road and post update pictures
So many cars, so little cash