central locking

brendan
APC Member
APC Member

central locking

Post by brendan »

I didnt reliase that the piazza's had central locking from factory but while pulling the door apart to fix the bloodly window (again) found that there is a little motor in the corner, is this the central locking and if it is, what goes wrong, why wont it work?, i looked for a fuse under the dash but couldnt find one, any idea's would be great
Cheers brendan
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Is your electric mirror working? check? if not it could be the wiring going from the door throught to the electrics under the dash.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

On most cars the left hand door has a trick box with a motor drive directly under the door lock and I guess this is what you are looking at, the right hand door has a plain actuator and the brain is a six wire plug control unit usually under the left hand dash (but not always) It is sometimes under the drivers seat. Check the wiring in both doors. The control unit very rarely dies. You will recognise the control box if you see it because Isuzu very kindly state in English "door control" on the front of it.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah mine never worked either..
Since it's not remote central locking they only put an actuator in the passenger door. Drivers door just has a switch.
The relay (control unit) is attached to the right a-pillar up from the kick panel. So check the switch is working and check that it's trying to power the actuator.