At long last

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

At long last

Post by wedgenut »

Finally the most neglected bucket in the whole fleet has had a birthday, all the others have taken precedence until now but the time came for me to make my own plaything look prettier than it was. It is now the same colour all over but red being red that will probably only last a few weeks in the sun before it starts fading unevenly again. Next job is to give it a good wax and buff and then I need to change the turbo bearings before it shits itself.

I'm just hoping that modern pigments will handle it better.

So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Looks good Alex, thats what mine wouldve/couldve looked like if i ever finished it :pale:

Why didnt you do the mirrors red?

If its 2pack should be fine in the sun, no need for clear just cut and buff.
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

No not 2 pack, simple minded me just used common or garden lacquer, cheapskate really. I was initially going to colour code the lot but the sill covers would have needed lots of work to get them looking right and I couldn't make up my mind about the mirrors. Part of the reason is black is always black and when one of the mirrors gets smacked off (as it no doubt will) black is easy to do where getting the colour right again would be a mission as it is a special mix of my own. The info i got was that tinting with high levels of magenta helps with anti fade so I had to start off with quite a light shade of red so that I could dose heavily with magenta without turning into a muddy colour. Came out about right for what i wanted. too bad if it wasn't LOL
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Ha! Ha! I just noticed something, it is almost impossible to take a picture around my place without another Piazza sticking its beak into the shot. I managed with one of them but not the other.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Looks good needs tetris wheels though

Trying to find a Piazza in the reflections in the rear pic but sadly none!
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

i think he should put on a nice set of white tri spoke mages!!!!

i just happen to have a set he can have!!! :finga:
Sideways by choice!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I do have a set of tetris wheels for it but I Have two sets of this style with good rubber, This set are near new and the other set are my just legal tarseal grippers for special outings. I am basically too lazy and tight to go changing all those tyres over. I can always pinch a set off one of the other cars and take another photo just for you! Nah fuckit, can't be bothered. LOL
Gee mike that is a brave suggestion, I didn't know your bumhole was the right size and shape for a full set of extremely naff poofter wheels. If they were satin black and we obliterated all the bullshit writing around the centre I would certainly grab them.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

he he black !!! that can be done!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
graham

Post by graham »

looks great, looks even better with the deck reflecting on it i still think it should have a volume control button, just watch out at night driving around manakau you'll get air new zealand trying to land on the effin roof
I have two piazzas, one on each side of the world.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:
I do have a set of tetris wheels for it but I Have two sets of this style with good rubber, This set are near new and the other set are my just legal tarseal grippers for special outings. I am basically too lazy and tight to go changing all those tyres over. I can always pinch a set off one of the other cars and take another photo just for you! Nah fuckit, can't be bothered. LOL
Gee mike that is a brave suggestion, I didn't know your bumhole was the right size and shape for a full set of extremely naff poofter wheels. If they were satin black and we obliterated all the bullshit writing around the centre I would certainly grab them.

Nah you only change two wheels then just take a pic of one side. lol. Why make it hard work. Hell why bother doing it at all.

Im no fan of anything tri. A set of 16's in the right style would make it stand out.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

A set of 16's in the right style would make it stand out.
Couldn't agree more Bob but on my pocket money i would be lucky to get a set of plastic kiddy on trims.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:
A set of 16's in the right style would make it stand out.
Couldn't agree more Bob but on my pocket money i would be lucky to get a set of plastic kiddy on trims.
Yeah im sorta in the same boat.

Good old 15's will do me. Common enough to be affordable.

Bob

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

getting anything here in any size with the right offset is bloody difficult unless you buy new and even then there isn't much choice. Smaller market place with predominantly fwd except in the larger cars which are mainly all 5 stud.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Early 3 series BMW. Even they are a little too dished in. Closer than the FWD but.

Ive got some 15mm bolt on spacers here, im loath to use them. Main reason being that they arent spigoted. They bolt on the hub using the wheel studs and then have thier own studs offset 45deg for the wheel to bolt to. The drawback is when you bolt them on youve got nuts poking out so the mounting face of the wheel has to have a hole in it between the stud holes. Piazza wheels fit on them, queer huh.
Imagine my joy at pulling off the std Piazza rims and finding the spacers held on with those anti theft lock nuts. Me having no tool to get them off of course. They were done up tight too. I wrecked a few spanners and sockets getting them off, thats after id removed the spindle and all and put it in the vice.

They came off the car i got off roy.

I found 5mm spacers on the rear of another Piazza when swapping wheels about, they were held on with silastic, much betterer me thinks.

Cheers, Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I found 5mm spacers on the rear of another Piazza when swapping wheels about, they were held on with silastic, much betterer me thinks.
Yep 5mm wouldn't be a problem as the piazza studs are long enough to give you plenty for the nut. I don't trust those bolt on things...they don't look right and often in engineering terms if it doesn't look right it isn't right. Its the old form-function-fit argument. The other thing that concerns me is axle loading, increasing the distance to the centre of load can have a detrimental effect on bearings by overloading the outer wheel bearing adversely on the front. On the rear of course the additional cantilevered loads can place extra stress on the diff side bearings. In most cases no bugger gives a toss and to be honest I don't lose any sleep over it as I didn't do the initial design and load calcs. However it pisses me off when something i make is messed around with by other self professed experts that are the first to come crying when something breaks.

Somewhere in Japoon land there is a wee slanty eyed bloke who spent hours with his abacus working out exactly where everything is meant to fit. Along comes some big red faced hairy arsed Kiwi or Oz farm boy with odd coloured socks and only one sleeve on his shirt who turns it upside down gives it a three quarter twist and welds it back together because he lost the nuts and sits down with a beer saying she'll be right mate.

The sad part is that it is true and not only will it be right it will probably be an improvement :finga: :finga: