rear shocks

New, Old anything that bolts on and goes
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

rear shocks

Post by wedgenut »

I rang a supplier the other day for a price on a pair of rear shocks and got a "SHOCK" okay $145.00 each + GST. First thought was to say fark off, but then I asked him to fax me through a confirmed price and his address so I could post the cheque, sneaky way of getting the part number I thought! Sure enough it came through with the part number on it and to my amazement it also said underneath, SUITS HOLDEN all FB-HZ.

So armed with this information I went to amother outlet and asked for a pair of shocks for my HZ and took an old one with me. Sure enough they are identical. $60.00 each INCLUDING GST! Not bad.

Did you guys know this? If so are the front the same as anything else as a mater of interest?
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

They are apparently the same as the VP Wagon rear shocks, which would also mean its the same as the VN/R/S Wagons.

Its like that i guess, come across it before. The pre-95 BMW 3 series engines run a version of the famous Bosch fuel injection system, which is also used on many more generic cars. Funny how the SAME sensor costs $459[!!!!] from a BMW dealer yet it only costs $79 when you call Bosch and say XX-XXXX-XX part number. Also funny how it lists about a million cars including Mazda/Ford 626/TX5 etc etc....

Scammers mate, lucky you were smart enough to grab the part number.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

So are you saying Piazza fronts the same as VN Wagon rear? I got a mate with a VN wagon and it handles like a pig anyway so he wouldn't miss his rear shocks if I pinched them
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

VP Wagon rears are the same as Piazza Rears. Fronts are the same as Gemini.

Ive got Bilsteins all round so im r0ckin :rock: :supz: :partyman:

Cheers,

Nick-

Post by Guest »

I'm impressed, Billies are super expensive here, my budget stretches only to Monroe or KYB but some kind bloke fitted pretty gabriels to my turbo with slightly lowered and stiff as fuck springs. All your fillings fall out and the hands drop off the clock but shit it goes round corners like it is on rails. Whenever I go anywhere I always come back the exact same route in case i have to pick up any bits that have shaken off or broken loose. LOL

This suspension set up comes with other features like sunvisor deployment at randon and automatic opening glove box but I wouldn't swap it for comfort and floppin around all over the place
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Yeah, the Billies are good im rapt that the car came with them, ditto the bigger swaybar. The KYB's are apparently pretty good, a yank mentioned them said they were pretty good. Not sure if we have KYB's down here - ive never seen them/come across them.

Sounds like StikaFlek 221 could be your friend. Hard curing, glue everything shutski. Moahahaha.

Nick-
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Auto One have KYB for Piazza (original shocks are KYB too) I think it was $60 each.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Spax lists adjustable shocks for the Piazza.

Tommy
Matt
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Matt »

I have adjustable konis in mine. The fronts are yellows and the rears are orange ones.

I had a list of all the different on that fit the piazza but I cant find it.

The front I know are only for a gemini or piazza.

The rears are from lots.

I will try to find my list for you all.

Matt
Check out my stuff again. got to go dont want to toss it in the bin. please buy it.

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZaidenspaidenQQhtZ-1
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Here are some shock numbers I have]
Monroe front 32153, rear 32126
KYB front gas KG4773A, Gas rear KG5552. Std rear 343039
Gabriel front 81322, rear 81340
Koni Front 80-2275 (sport 82-1886) Rear 80-2233SP1

KYB are cheap and easy to get here, Mnroe about the same price, Gabriel harder and Koni very expensive. Don't have numbers for Billies
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

So Gabriel shocks from a commodore wagon will fit. Ive found a pair of gabriel ultra "heavy duty" shocks for $99. They are for a lowered wagon and im waiting to hear how low.

What do you guys rekon??? Hows the price compare???

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

If that is an each price it isn't anything special but if it is for the pair it is bloody good
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:If that is an each price it isn't anything special but if it is for the pair it is bloody good
Yeah thats the pair, i thought it was a good price, i havent rang to compare yet. I still need to know if they fit 100%.

Ive bought a bit of stuff off the guy on ebay. I might pull one off and take it with me to see if they match when i go over to pick up and pay for the other gear.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Probably a good idea, I dont know if the type used on your diffs are the same as the torque tube style used here but they are certainly the same as the FB-HZ models and probably commodore as well from what I understand. All the listings I have looked at with shock companies on the web don't list more than one type for Piazza/impulse so it would make you think they are the same regardless of Diff
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I got the gossip

The Commodore shocks are the same but 50mm longer than the FB-HZ ones.

So the old holden ones are the go.

Bob.