RUNNING RICH

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
scotty

RUNNING RICH

Post by scotty »

HAS ANYONE HOOKED A POD TO THERE CAR AND HAD ISSUES WITH IT MY CAR IS STUFFED ALL MY PLUGS ARE BLACK AS WHEN I CLEAN THEM AND PUT THEM BACK IN STRAIGHT AWAY THEY ARE BLACK AND A HOLE LOT OF SHIT IS SPRAYING OUT THE ZORST, I GOT ANOTHER AIR FLOW METER OFF MARKUS BUT YET TO PUT IT ON

AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT.
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Unlikely to be the pod unless it is a particularly restrictive one, make sure the flap in your AFM isn't sticking, some have a pre filtering mesh in the throat as well that can get blocked, rip it out if it is there.
So many cars, so little cash
scotty

Post by scotty »

i put the other afm on and it ran wicked for a day but everytime it gets cold it wont start and im getting to the point of break down i cant think of what it could be its still rinning rich, so rich i cant start it HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :axe:
Virtual-R
Technical Admin
Technical Admin

Post by Virtual-R »

one of the EFI sensors might be on its way out, could be sending incorrect information back to the ecu?

have you checked the AFM plug and made the points are not dirty / rusted and all the wiring is in good condition? It could be coming loose also or filling with moisture overnight?
scotty

Post by scotty »

i recon it was my distributor cause it was playing games with my revs so yeah should be all fixed