2.6 Conversion, a post in progress

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

2.6 Conversion, a post in progress

Post by Chris »

This is a post in progress for the 2.6 L rodeo conversion for a Piazza.

My black one will be going to an engineer in the next week to get the full treatment, 2.6L boored to 3L custom pistions/manifold, Turbo. We will be trying to use the original 5spd gearbox which requiers and extension for the main drive shaft.

I will post pics and all the info on the progress when its in the workshop.

Heres my question though, isn't the 2.6L 4ze1 heavier than the 4zc1, if thats the case you would have problems with the front weight so it will require counter weight at the back??
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Youve blown the headgasket so your looking at running a different engine? NOICE CHOICE! :supz:

I dont see why youd need to extend the input shaft on the 5speed, instead of doing that its cheaper/easier to just fit a 4ZE1 Rodeo MUA box. Like i said, dont see why youd need to seeing as a Gemini 5speed bolts onto the back.

4ZE1 isnt much heavier then the C1 i dont think, ask bob. Move the battery to the boot and fit a stereo system.

BTW you realise youll need a bigger/better turbo as the IHI RHB5 wont be happy being fed by a 2.6? Which means youll need an aftermarket computer....and a new exhaust and intercooler...

Atleast youll have a fast car.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:I dont see why youd need to extend the input shaft on the 5speed, instead of doing that its cheaper/easier to just fit a 4ZE1 Rodeo MUA box. Like i said, dont see why youd need to seeing as a Gemini 5speed bolts onto the back.

4ZE1 isnt much heavier then the C1 i dont think, ask bob. Move the battery to the boot and fit a stereo system.

BTW you realise youll need a bigger/better turbo as the IHI RHB5 wont be happy being fed by a 2.6? Which means youll need an aftermarket computer....and a new exhaust and intercooler...

Atleast youll have a fast car.

Nick-
The motor will bolt straight in. Bellhousing and the rear end of the crank is the same as all the other 4Z motors. Its about 2 inches higher in deck height, not sure how that will go with the bonnet.
The Piazza shifter wont bolt on the MUA 2.6L gearbox, youd have to use the Rodeo shifter and its shorter. Id stick with the Piazza box.

Its not much heavier.
According to the books the dry weight is;
Piazza 126.5kg
4ZE1 153kg
Keep in mind the 4ze1 has a heavier alloy sump. So you could safely take off 5 or 10kg.

The turbo will work, just. It wont have heaps up top but it will still boost for torque.

Yeah not sure what youd do with the ECU etc. You could run it N/A and use the Rodeo gear, would go as good as a turbo motor.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Impulsive Yank

Post by Impulsive Yank »

2.6L boored to 3L
care to elaborate on that?

according to the few over here that have swapped, the 4zc1t ECU does a decent job on a 2.6 with larger injectors & adjustable fpr.
88 Impulse Turbo
will do good deeds for beer :drinkers:
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Na I wont be using the stock ecu. I am after performance so I won't be using the stock turbo either.

I think my biggest problem will be finding a good 4ze1 from the wreckers. Got already two quotes $800 and $1000 with wiring but nog urantee..Well I will see.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:Na I wont be using the stock ecu. I am after performance so I won't be using the stock turbo either.

I think my biggest problem will be finding a good 4ze1 from the wreckers. Got already two quotes $800 and $1000 with wiring but nog urantee..Well I will see.
For that money buy a rebuilder. Your better off forking out $200 for a chunk of scrap metal than you are spending that money on something that could well be a chunk of scrap ten mins after the first start up.

Get a blown up one. Spun a bearing or just plain worn out. Spend the money on the machining and some decent pistons and you will know where your starting from. Might cost you a little more to do than the "runner" but you will be better off in the long run.

If its got oil in the water or the other way around steer clear. Or at least get the head checked out before putting any folding stuff down.

Check out eBay theres a Piazza motor and stuff on there at the moment for $450. Could be a good option for you, if i remember right it was up your way too.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Revhead
Learner
Learner

Post by Revhead »

Hi
just out of interest what pistons are you using for the overbore and comprestion ratio as I'm doing the same covertion.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

I also am doing the same thing as well, I would like to get to talk with you guys about the swap, maybe get some help with my swap. Im buying all the parts and things that Im going to need to get the job done so I should be ready by the end of next month... Please keep me posted ok thanks[/img]http://isuzupiazza.com/photobucket/leslie photos-3.jpg[/url]
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
15uzu
Learner
Learner

Post by 15uzu »

Impulsive Yank wrote:
2.6L boored to 3L
care to elaborate on that?

according to the few over here that have swapped, the 4zc1t ECU does a decent job on a 2.6 with larger injectors & adjustable fpr.
x2

I did a massive overbore & it only took it out to 2.7L .......I think someone is having a lend of you. :goodman:
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So have you gottin any pics taken of your car sence you started on it last?
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So hay chris did you ever get the swap done to the car, Im trying to get my swap started but I have 2 im working on. hit me back and let me and every one else know what the status is ok ...peace :rock: