Finally found the holy grail...

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Finally found the holy grail...

Post by GeminiCoupe »

After 3 painful years of searching, many close calls including looking at a DOHC XE import, i FINALLY found "The One" [no im not talking about a wife here, i found that ages ago...]

Whats all this bullshit mean? I finally found and bought a Manual Piazza Turbo, put the deposit on it today and should be picking it up sometime over the next two weeks. For those interested, its a red Aus Delivery YB Turbo with all the factory options like elec windows, LSD, front and rear spoilers etc etc. She needs abit of work but nothing im not capable of. Hell, she should be a walk in the park compared to the Gemini im building [and no, im not chopping up a Piazza to power the Gem. So relax.]

Be prepared to get 100000 bullshit questions fired off in the next few weeks :D :D :D

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Congrats Nick!!! Finally :lol: :lol: :lol:

How much was she? Whats the milage on her?

Any pics yet?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo

Post by Guest »

No pics as yet, wont be able to get any until i pick it up which is atleast a few weeks away. Cost me 2800 unreg'd - ive seen them alot cheaper, but it seems this only happens when ive already bought something else. Still, i was more then happy to pay that as i finally get to sit my arse in one.

Mileage is 155000 or thereabouts, it had a fresh import engine put in about 10,000km ago. Either way, i went in not expecting much and walked out pretty impressed about how well it went.

Nick-
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

So did looking at mine convince you it was a good buy??? lol.

Here i was tellin you that the guy wanted too much money for it. lol.

You certainly screwed him down to a better price.

Just coz youve got one now nick dont drive around with your eyes closed.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

:idea: It is hard to find a piazza but it is even harder to keep one.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:
:idea: It is hard to find a piazza but it is even harder to keep one.
Nah i meant dont stop looking for others that are up for a new home.

He got that one from the grapevine. lol.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

It seems like everyone is inluck finiding one. NOT ME and my tax return is coming now. I deeply regret now selling my 3.. I will never learn will I.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:It seems like everyone is inluck finiding one. NOT ME and my tax return is coming now. I deeply regret now selling my 3.. I will never learn will I.
Um $1500 and a trailer rental will buy you two red ones to make one out of. lol. You might have to throw on a BBQ to get some muscle to give you a hand but the end result would be worth it.

Im sure theres a few members in here that can help you out with the missing bits.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I dont think I would have the time nor money to invest in those two wrecks. I ll keep in eye out.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah Piazzas are a walk in the park compared to Geminis.. Currently fixing my Gemini now, oh the rust..
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:I dont think I would have the time nor money to invest in those two wrecks. I ll keep in eye out.
By saying that you admitted that your letting the whole team down. You obvioulsy have the space or you would have mentioned it as the first thing. lol.

If you have the room, time and mone will come. lol.

Im trying to be suportive of the cause here. lol.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Rodeobob wrote:
Chris wrote:I dont think I would have the time nor money to invest in those two wrecks. I ll keep in eye out.
By saying that you admitted that your letting the whole team down. You obvioulsy have the space or you would have mentioned it as the first thing. lol.

If you have the room, time and mone will come. lol.

Im trying to be suportive of the cause here. lol.
Hmm well mannnnnnnnn :cry: :cry: :cry: You making me think now.. I know that guy wont sell them seperate sooo.. hmm

Damn see what ya doing to me and I also had a few glasses of red now..

Time was just excuse for the money issue, I have the space easyly to fit 10 piazzas in my back yard, but i know me, so if I would purchase them they be just sitting around as I wouldnt have the money for a long time to find a good engine. I wouldof been interested in matts last purchase.. That piazza was ready for a V8..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Matt
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Matt »

That was the one before the last one. It was the same colour as the one I have here.

It was all set up for a 308 and a trimatic. It was a bit of a sight and a bit dodgy. The engine mounts were welded to the the crossmember and buy the look of the welds it was done with a stick welder not mig. Not that there is anything wrong with stick if you can do it well it will have just as good a hold as a mig.

I should have kept that cross member and fixed it up a bit and put it in the shell I have here made it into a drag Piazza. Hahaha

Matt
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I thought you said one had a motor in it chris???

A motor is only a $200 rusty shuttle away. It will come with a box too.

Boost one of them, it will go ok for long enough as long as you dont screw the boost up. They would have a similar comp ratio to the 2.3 & 2.6 Rodeos at 8.2:1. The piazza was 7.9:1

The only issue you have is finding a set of front brakes. Go gemini spindles with a big brake conversion. You could bolt up some gemini front spindles to move em. You will need 14" rims to put on the rear coz 13" wont clear the brakes.

You better ring and book a trailer for saturday. lol

Post by Guest »

Rodeobob wrote:So did looking at mine convince you it was a good buy??? lol.
Nah, ill be the first to admit yours is better then mine, i used that to get the price down abit. I wouldve given your cook $200 as a deposit for yours if you were sure you wanted to sell it or not, so i had to grab what was availible. Thinking about it now it probably is abit expensive and there is abit of work in her, but atleast i managed to save another one from going to a Gemini owner [even though i do own another Gemini. i meant the type that go chop chop 4Z into T series]

You blokes are begining to worry me now. As much as i hate the Slug [the BMW] i have to admit the little M40 is a strong engine and has taken everything ive thrown at it....please tell me the Piazza is the same? If its anything like the G series engine in the Gemini it should be...
Bugle wrote:Yeah Piazzas are a walk in the park compared to Geminis.. Currently fixing my Gemini now, oh the rust..
haha tell me about it. Mine had a rear 1/4, boot floor, left rear chassis rail, rear beaver and battery tray area rust cut and welded. Oh the money ive spent on that car :pale:

Thinking about it now is giving me a headache. Need to get it ready for RWC [shouldnt be too involved, ive got a copy of the previous roady done on it and it passed fine] so that should be as simple as throwing a new set of tires on it. Theres new carpet to go in, need to grab a CD/Mp3 player, some speakers, got my sub and amp from my previous car [yeah abit rice i know...but its a daily, i love my music] and that should be good to go.

One thing that definately needs fixing ASAP is the rotten handling. Going to need help finding suitable springs to stop the old boat rolling and rocking - she already has bigger swaybards and bilstein shocks :supz: :supz:

Then by about christmas its time for a respray....and maybe a hybrid type intercooler...and maybe a 3" exhaust....oh fuck i love getting carried away so easy.

Like they say...if it has wheels or a skirt...

Nick-