Grrrr....

Talk about anything and everything
Jay Gti
Probationary
Probationary

Grrrr....

Post by Jay Gti »

My wife was taking a mate's kids to soccer on Saturday morning and some lovely person has driven into the front of the Piazza, putting a nice dent in the driver's side front guard... and then of course driven off without so much as a note.

Haven't got any pics, my camera seems to have crapped itself, but while the dent itself is smallish, Alex will testify how nice the paint is on this car and so I'm not happy about any damage at all.

A local paint and panel shop have had a look at it already, the owner did the usual 'Wow, I haven't seen one of those for ages...' and was quite a Piazza fan. He reckoned normally it would be about $400 to do, but because it is so tidy, he would rather take the time and make a really good job of it, so reckons it's going to be more around the $800 to colour-match and blend in properly.

It's insured of course, but I'll lose my no-claims bonus. Thanks hit-and-run person!
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

bugger... i hate that sort of shit!!!!

The bastards they don't give a shit bout other people's babies!!!!

I feel for u dude.
Sideways by choice!!!!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

scour the district and shoot anyone with a patch of silver paint on their car
So many cars, so little cash
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

People cam see what your car looked like if the go to the members pictures in the gallery, i think it is the last one on page 2
Jay Gti
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Jay Gti »

It's actually quite a minor dent, but it's cracked the paint nicely and of course you can't just paint the dented part. Paint guy reckoned he'd want to do the entire panel, then do some blending in on the bonnet, bumper and door.

My missus reckons she saw the car as it drove off, it was a late model Toyota Amazon/Land Cruiser, so if you see a black one of those in Auckland with silver paint on the front, let me know...
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Typical, some overpriced bottle blonde in a Remuera taxi sipping on her latte and talking on the cellphone under her chin as she applies her make up. I saw one on the motorway doing exactly that, i was so shocked i dropped my razor in my cornflakes and the milk went all over my crossword LOL :finga:
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

i had a guy a few years ago back up in a carpark without looking and knock what was then my brand new RZ 250 over
I had only had the bloody thing two weeks!!!!

I was too far away to catch up to him as he sped off but I got the guys numberplate and tracked him down via the post office owner check.....

He was very surprised when i turned up on his doorstep and told him he was going to need to pay for the damage.....
Naturally he denied it happened and told me i should fuck off!!!!!

Guess what...

A week later i found the car again and i just happened to have in my hot little hand a nice big 4 litre tin of auto paint stripper... You know the stuff that will strip back to bare metal in about ten seconds....

Lets just say it would have taken more than a quick buff to get the "fuckwit" i painted on his bonnet with it. Not to mention 4 flat tyres and all the glass that i somehow managed to get stripper on also... (Not sure how that happened)
Just so he knew it was me i painted in stripper "for the bike" on both sides of it....

Bet he thought his flash late model Falcon looked really pretty afterwards....

moral of the story.....
DON"T GET MAD.......GET EVEN!!!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Crazy stuff. If it was a chick driving the 4x4 you can assume she be back at the shopping center next week to do her weekly groceries. Just depends how much time you like to invest tracking the mad cow down in the end. For payback I would recommend sugar in the petrol tank ..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

varnish in the gas tank works better!!!!!!!!!
if ya gunna go...... go big!!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

big huh? dynamite, nuclear weapons, crazy midgets hidden in the trunk, putting a wiggles cd on repeat and takaway the stop button. top that

Btw.. i have no idea why i said shopping center.. me going loco.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Btw.. i have no idea why i said shopping center.. me going loco.
Methinks the German has ALWAYS been loco

The best of all is to mix up a soup of smelly old fish and pour it into the air vents, the smell will NEVER go away so all they can do is sell it and buyers will not pay a lot for a festering stinky car
Bartamann
Probationary
Probationary

Only had car sprayed for 2 weeks

Post by Bartamann »

I can sympathise with you.....Only had my piazza completely resprayed for 2 weeks and the guy at the servo left the car near the bowsers after a service. He had to leave early and i had to get a bus to the service station. Well as i looked through the bus window i wondered why there was white on the rear bumper. As i got closer some bastard had backed into the car pushed the bumper in and bucked it and all the nice spray job was gone. So i rang him up and asked him why was my car smashed. He flew over and said his insurance wont cover that. Go get a quote and i'll pay you back in service fees. Boy did i make the service station guy pay for the $150 damage. 6 services on my car. :snakeman:
Jay Gti
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Jay Gti »

Chris wrote: Btw.. i have no idea why i said shopping center.. me going loco.
Ha ha, I was wondering where that came from...
wedgenut wrote:
The best of all is to mix up a soup of smelly old fish and pour it into the air vents, the smell will NEVER go away so all they can do is sell it and buyers will not pay a lot for a festering stinky car
I had a couple of mates that were in a practical joke war for a while, one of the guys was going on holiday and parked his car in the carpark at Nelson airport (very minimal security if you haven't been there before). The other guy broke into the car, lifted up the back seat, put a load of fish under it and put the seat back. When the car owner returned from holiday, after the car had been sat in hot Nelson sun for 2 weeks, he got in sucked in a big lungfull and promptly vomited everywhere...

That smell never left either, the car was later destroyed in a mysterious fire and insurance was claimed.
Jay Gti
Probationary
Probationary

Post by Jay Gti »

it seems my missus is getting good at this... she got collected from behind by a bus last week. Again minor damage and at least this time it will be repaired on someone else's insurance, but I tell you I'm not buying her a car with paintwork that nice again....
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

Oh dude that sucks!!!

Lots of bubble wrap when you let her take it out!!!!!

Kidding!

It comes in threes dude i"m sure of it.
Sideways by choice!!!!!