Heres my collection

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Heres my collection

Post by Rodeobob »

Two 1986 Piazzas. The one on the trailer is a manual, since the picture was taken its been fitted with a new RHB5 turbo. The one next to the trailer is an auto. I need a turbo to get it running.

Heres the manual car with the wheels i got. I think its posible that the Piazza has the ugliest std mags ever made. lol.

The extended family,
Heres the Spacecab.

And heres the KB20
Ive nearly got all the bits to convert the KB to 2.6L EFI and 4 speed auto. Its getting a TF brake upgrade too.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
golum
Probationary
Probationary

Post by golum »

go the kb20!
you can fit the whole rodeo disc brake front end on them.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

golum wrote:you can fit the whole rodeo disc brake front end on them.
Is that a question or a statment??

Im after some advice as i do have some concerns.

It looks like it will fit ok but theres a few things to sort out.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I would think too it would fit with a few minor modifications.
All you can do is try and see I guess.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Its too late if it wont. lol. Ive got the stubaxles, discs and calipers to go on there.
I just bought a pair of new top balljoints on ebay and i have a lower one here i got a few months back, theres another lower on ebay that ive got a bid on. These are all to suit the KB20.

Im just not too sure how im going to go ballancing the brake setup with the other bits. IE master cyl and rear setup.

Im not too sure on which way im going to go with the draglink yet. Ive got a Jackaroo power steering box here that id like to fit.

golum
Probationary
Probationary

Post by golum »

damn i pretty much whacked off the stub axles from the upper and lower ball joint from the drums. and put the whole disc stub axle on. got some new brakeline made and thats bout it.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

golum wrote:damn i pretty much whacked off the stub axles from the upper and lower ball joint from the drums. and put the whole disc stub axle on. got some new brakeline made and thats bout it.
So the tie rod ends are the same size then???

Ive just measured the height of the spindle and thats it. They are the same height so i thought thats half the battle, the rest can be made to work.

Im wanting to change it to tie rods that are adjustable, instead of having the adjustment in the middle of the draglink with the tie rods fixed like the KB20. Plus the drag link on the utes got a big bend in it.

golum
Probationary
Probationary

Post by golum »

sorry don't know much about the rest i pretty much got shoved them on.
could get pics if you want?
i had no boosted so i have to bring it to a brake place and now i'm running a vh44 booster.
www.luvtruck.com has a disc brake article in it.
luv truck and kb20 rodeo = same thing.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Thanks for the link. :partyman: I will have a good hunt thru there.
I knew they were the same thing it just never occured to me to go search. doh.

Ive got an old 80's chevvy magazine from the US, its got a 350/350 conversion job in it they did on a luv. Using std brakes and std diff. lol.

golum
Probationary
Probationary

Post by golum »

yeah lots of guys do it in the US, pretty cool site there
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ok Piazza is in the shed tonight.

I wanted to put the two mags with the new tyres on the front to get em out of the shed, they were pissing me off taking up room. I figure they are as safe on the car as they are in the shed.

While it was jacked up i crawled under. All looks pretty sweet underneath, the gearbag is clean and it all looks in order. The rear main could be weeping but nothing too bad. The diff i leaking as well.

While i was under there i sused out getting the alternator off. It doesnt look too hard from underneath. Im looking at fitting up a 2.6L TF Rodeo alternator.

The front brakes check out ok, ive still go to get the back end off the ground and pull the wheels off.

The lower ball joints are knackered, both of them. Ive already got one off Matt. Still need to get another. The rubbers for the sway bar are stuffed, the 8 on the pins. Im thinking that if ive got to change the rubbers and ball joint i might as well do the springs and sway bar at the same time. The shockers are just the run of the mill munroe gas so they can have the flick too.

So im on the hunt for a few bits.

Bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Havent checked my one out underneath as yet, i know the diff is leaking abit but thats about it. Suspension feels fine on mine, havent checked the ball joints though [fucking impossible to climb under the car with the front bumper OFF, and look how high it sits!]

Im interested in the alternator conversion. Whats your reason for going the 4ZE1 alt? Is it because the bracketing is near on the same, more current? What mods to the wiring need to be done? ETC ETC. Basically monkey see monkey do, so what you do to yours ill be doing to mine in that department. I just had a thought though, havent looked at the 4Z's closely but i just remembered that on the Gseries blocks the lower [and upper] alternator mount is removeable. Maybe if the mounting is different, its a matter of bolting the 4ZC1 off and bolting on the 4ZE1 brackets on?

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Im interested in the alternator conversion. Whats your reason for going the 4ZE1 alt? Is it because the bracketing is near on the same, more current? What mods to the wiring need to be done? ETC ETC. Basically monkey see monkey do, so what you do to yours ill be doing to mine in that department. I just had a thought though, havent looked at the 4Z's closely but i just remembered that on the Gseries blocks the lower [and upper] alternator mount is removeable. Maybe if the mounting is different, its a matter of bolting the 4ZC1 off and bolting on the 4ZE1 brackets on?

Nick-
Because it should bolt straight on and plug straight in.
Because ive got 3 here. Well one to spare anyway. Thats if my other Piazza one is no good.

The 4Z motors use a bracket that bolts to the block. Theres two types. One that the alternator bolts over and one that the alternator goes in between. The Piazza is the latter. As far as i can work out the only on that uses the first type is the 1.8L shuttle. All the others appear to be the same and they all have one round green plug that goes in the back of the alternator and one main wire that goes to a terminal/post.
Im not sure if they all have the belt running in the same spot, i imagine they would as the belt drives the water pump on them all too.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Okies ive now got three Piazzas. The latest addition is a White auto. Its fitted with the "formula pack" dress up kit. Best described as rough but is 95% complete. Heres some happy snaps.
I say 95% complete because some scum bag has forced open the bonnet and pinched the intercooler. They had a go at getting the turbo off but thats not easy and the bracket to the block off the dump pipe pulled them up. I see the bonnet is twisted on the mountings at the front, with a bit of a fiddle it should look ok again.
The interior is a bit of a mess with a lot of broken stuff.

The worst part is theres no keys. So it stays on the trailer till i can strip the column and pull the ignition and steering lock off.
Ive got one Corolla 14" alloy. 2 good and one broken 14" alloy ford laser i think the other ones are.

While loading it on the trailer i was looking at the under side and found this front and back
Transplanted into my Black manual those springs will be.
Ive also another thing ive found. See this thread http://www.holdenpiazza.com/forum/viewt ... =3142#3142

I missed out on the other two Piazza shells that they had there. My fault for being too slow. I did get a reasonably straight bonnet and eye lids thrown in with the deal, id put up a pic but ive put up to many already. Owes me $1500 and ive got a 3 month warranty on the motor so i'll have to get it running soon.
Big thanks to Nick for putting me onto it.

Bob

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Thank me? WTF for? I just made you spend another 1500 on a car you didnt need :finga: Just kidding mate, glad it didnt end up in the crusher, or worse...in the hands of a Gemini owner. Atleast now itll go to good use...so what are your plans bob! Spill em.

I quite like the way it looks...white or silver Piazzas always seem to look good all colour coded. This ones had the whole lot sprayed, doorhandles and all. Looks the goods i reckon, especially with the charcoal wheels. Im more then happy to respray it for ya bob if you need a hand.

I always thought the front LHS ball joint had dropped which was why the thing was sitting on its disc, although it seems to sit ok with a wheel on it.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z