Heres my collection

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

That steering rack boots slightly farked!
Good on ya for saving it.
You'll just have to rip out the air con and stick a huge intercooler in there instead.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Wow, nicely done bob. Shes looking good and for the price well worth it. Always hated the brown interior though. Have you tryed shorting the ignition to start her up?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah dunno why it was sitting there with the wheel off. If the broken and the odd rim are anything to go buy id say its beed bounced on a Kerb at some stage. I will have a good look once i get it off the trailer and see if i can sus out the reason, could be as simple as it had a good tyre on it to sell. Dunno.

I dont like the rims much. They dont look too bad but they are too skinny. oh and only 14".

Plans were it was to be for my brother, but he tells me now after ive got it that hes ok with the Pintara wagon hes got coz he wants to go to NZ for ................... Im not sure how long i didnt understand that bit. lol. Sounds like longer than a holiday. Oh well to each thier own i suppose. Offence intended to our NZ members :finga:

Hes given me the OK to swap his Gemini for a VN Commodore if the guy is still up for the deal. So that will be mine to do with as i wish. Im thinking a V6 Piazza would be an interesting car. Dont know.

Chris; im with ya on the Brown. Its yuk. Might swap the gray one out of the black "parts" car into it. Wait and see.

Bugle; i wouldnt be surprised if the whole rack is Knackered.

For now im just going to put an Intercooler on it and bolt the turbo back up, fix up whatever else was butchered/pinched off it and get it running. I might give it a tidy and straighten the bonnet out and have a look at what interior bits i can fix etc after ive put the black manual back together.

I doubt this will be my last Piazza. Im spewing that i missed out on the other two shells i had a top secret plan for one of em.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Oh and just to add to how ripped i was by my Bro. He was all Piazza keen up here a few months back and told me that he had to have one. He rang a week or two back and wanted to know about a tow bar on a Piazza. I said yeah i could do it and would be no drama. He goes "oh i couldnt have a Piazza if i cant tow a small trailer with it."

Spewin i had it sorted for him.

Bob

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Wasnt someone after a two bar a while back?

Funny that your getting the VN...they have 280mm discs on the front dont they? Maybe speak to ben wight, he puts these on Geminis. Find out what he does, then bolt the Gemini stub onto it...off ya go.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah no good in my opinion. I rekon that if your gunna bolt on better brakes you want a stronger spindle to put em on. The Piazza and Gemini spindles are pretty flimsy.

Im working on something better.

Bob.

brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

yeah that was me after a towbar, still trying to find a place to make me one
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

brendan wrote:yeah that was me after a towbar, still trying to find a place to make me one
I will be onto it tomorrow. First thing is to get the steering lock off so i can get it off the trailer. I will se if i can get some better pics and if its not to much drama i will pull it off for pics and a measure.

I forgot to add its got 179,000 kms showing on the odometer. So yeah shes a low Km job. lol. well it is for me.

Cheers. Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Make that 197,000 kms. Its still the lowest in the fleet. lol. The other two are up over 200 and the Rodeo is over 330,000.

I stripped the steering column out and got rid of the steering lock. Pumped up the flat tyre and pushed it off, or should i say launched it off the trailer and into the shed. Nah not inside the shed, crashed it into the roller door.

First thing i did was fix the bonnet. One of the hinges was bent, so i removed it and straightend it and put it all back on. The bonnets still twisted but it will close and lines up as good as can be expected. The knob is broken off the release cable and seeing as how the bonnet is far from straight i was thinking of fittin bonnet pins to the sucker. See how i go.

I got the dump pipe and turbo bolted back up. I also hunted for two long bolts and bolted the thermostat housing back onto the manifold (probably wont be water tight, to do it right the TB has to come off). Theres a few other things not hooked up and im not to sure whats what but im thinking that it should be good enough to start at least once i get an intercooler bolted on it.

Wile i was stripping the steering column i had a look at what interior bits are broken or missing. I havent had a battery in it so ive no idea as to what will be added in the way of shit that dont work.

Lid broke off drivers door storage box. Door trim is flapping around as well. Door handle, door lock and remote mirror switch surround busted.
Dash pad cracks x 4. (my good car has a perfect pad which is rare)
All the finger tip switches on the switch pods are busted except for the rear washer.
The dash lid has all the mounting lugs busted off it and is just rattling there.
T-bar is busted and surround is missing.
Rear part of console around hand brake is missing/busted.
lower rear seat is loose in the back of the car.
Few other wear and tare things.

I also found out another intersting thing, its go no brakes. Pedal goes right to the floor and the master is dry. Could be why the wheel was off nick. Perhaps the caliper is missing. The handbrake comes all the way up. So its realy got no brakes. lol.

The wheels on it are only 5" wide. Thats crap they are skinnyer than the std ones.

Two good things have come out of it.
The earth tab/contact for the horn was all good and i need that for my good car.
In the glove box i found the rear wiper "fingertip" switch. Well the outer part of it. i was in the process of glueing etc to fix up one pair and put two rear washer ones on it. Now i can have a wiper and a washer like i was meant to.

I had a quick look underneath and found some rust, doesnt look good but should be fixable.

I just want to get it running so i can do a skid in the drive way. Yay.

Bob.

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Make that 197,000 kms. Its still the lowest in the fleet. lol. The other two are up over 200 and the Rodeo is over 330,000.
I was going to mention something about that as i remembered seeing 19X,XXX scribbled on the timing belt cover, indicating when the belt had been changed. Its still higher k's then mine, ive only got 159,000 :finga: With the inside door handle thing, its VERY similar to the Gemini setup except the gemini has a 3-bolt setup where it mounts to the door and the Piazza has a 4 bolt - i can get pics if you want. I was going to throw Gemi interior handles on mine as they are chrome. Nice and shiny.

Must make mine even rarer :finga: lol [dont mind me, im in the shit-giving mood. I can take it back too so dont be scared to offend me. :drinkers: ]

Thatll be fixed when you drop a Rodeo 5speed into it wont it bob....hint hint.

I think i remember seeing the caliper on there Bob, didnt you check when you put the wheel on it? Its probably got no brake fluid what-so-ever which might explain the lack of pedal. You'd better hope its that anyway, nice and easy to fix. Where abouts is the rust and how bad is it? Take some pics, Bugle should know what to do with it :prayer:

Meanwhile im begining to think perhaps you should be concentrating on the black car...but hey, i cant talk i still havent finished mine. Mid November has turned into late Dec....

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I think that white girl is one of the best looking one I have seen for awhile apart from Bugles (who does not count anymore since the curse broke out on his babe) and the other white one up here with $10.000 spend on it..

Bob, interested in a deal?? I will fly down to melb, give you $1500 if the white one is driveable and drive it up??
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

the 4K white nero is pretty nice - best one ive seen. get it if u got 4K to spare and more to get it complianced :)
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

GeminiCoupe wrote:

Must make mine even rarer :finga: lol [dont mind me, im in the shit-giving mood. I can take it back too so dont be scared to offend me. :drinkers: ]-
Dont get ya???? Yours got no cracks as well???

GeminiCoupe wrote:
Thatll be fixed when you drop a Rodeo 5speed into it wont it bob....hint hint.

I think i remember seeing the caliper on there Bob, didnt you check when you put the wheel on it? Its probably got no brake fluid what-so-ever which might explain the lack of pedal. You'd better hope its that anyway, nice and easy to fix. Where abouts is the rust and how bad is it? Take some pics, Bugle should know what to do with it :prayer:

Meanwhile im begining to think perhaps you should be concentrating on the black car...but hey, i cant talk i still havent finished mine. Mid November has turned into late Dec....

Nick-
I was thinking it will stay auto if it keeps the 4ZC1-T.

I didnt put the wheel on. I rang and said ive got the rest of the dosh and im on my way have it out and ready to go with the wheel on it.
BTW that corolla mag wheel is meant to have shaft type nuts, so ite pretty useless even as a spare. And the wheel on the left front has a small to medium dent in the rim and is missing the metal tapered inserts out of the stud holes. The right rear rim has 4 inches or so of the bead of the rim busted off and still holds air, im like WTF???. Its not like it could have tube in it. Must only just be sealing. lol.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:I think that white girl is one of the best looking one I have seen for awhile apart from Bugles (who does not count anymore since the curse broke out on his babe) and the other white one up here with $10.000 spend on it..

Bob, interested in a deal?? I will fly down to melb, give you $1500 if the white one is driveable and drive it up??
Brisbane is a long way away. lol.
If you came and eyeballed it in person youd look at me and try and sus out how many marbles id actually lost. Its pretty dinged up and needs a lot of love.

Partly in reply to what nick said about concerntrating on my Black car, but this one aint driveable. Far from it, i just want to get it to the point where it can be driven so i can move it around.
Two reasons, ive got a 3 month warranty on the motor, so ive got to get it running. Apparently it was running when they first got it. Now its not, no keys, turbo half off and intercooler missing. Im sure theres more than that wrong, but fingers crossed.

The second reason is ive only got two spots in the yard for cars that dont go. One behind the shed on the concrete slab, thats where the other black piazza is. and the other is the slab of concrete on the opposite side of the yard to the shed and its got a dead shuttle on it. That shuttle is going and the red one is going on there to be used as a "garden (means carparts) shed".

Ive got a gutted rodeo cab on a chassis here and the chassis from the Jackaroo as well. Fradays mission is to get them both on the tandem to take up bush.

To put it simply, ive run out of room. lol.
Plus its nice to park all the cars out in the street and mow the grass. So much easier than trying to mow around them. It looks better as well if you do it that way. The other added bonus is if anyone ever says anything i can say well they all go and are driveable.

Bob.

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

?piazza? wrote:the 4K white nero is pretty nice - best one ive seen. get it if u got 4K to spare and more to get it complianced :)
Agreed, its sweet. If i had 4k it would be at my house. lol.
Id have all the bits need to comply it too.

Bob.