Coolent leak....what to do?

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

The car is still not getting any power at all, I changed out the batterie and still no power.
When I took the old one to get it checked they told me that it only had 10 volts of power so I got a new one.
Took it home and put it in and still nothing... The funny thing is when I put the conector cable on the batterie I could here the power going to the car but nothing was coming on. No lights nothing...

Altornator, maybe...? I know we sad Flinks but I have no way of getting the different set up for that at the moment. Could I change out the old FLink, with a new one from the autoparts store? just woundering...lol

Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

And this has what to do with leaking coolant? Start a new thread!

It has nothing to do with alternator - that only supplies power one the engine is running. In other cases it's the battery.

And if your flinks are like ours, the above are wrong (in the pic) - they are not "loop-back" flinks but go from the black 3-way connector to the battery (3 flinks) and similarly for the white 2-way. (Who wired it that way and why??!)

As I see it, you only have power to your ignition switch but only for the ignition coil, cigar lighters, meters, maybe turn flashers & reverse lights.
Though the main relay for the ECU etc should "click", you will not have power for ECU, ignition, wipers, windows, lights, hazards, room & stop lamps, rear defogger....

The black 3-way to battery should be ok with 3 x 15A fuses.
The white 2-way with a 25A fuse.

IMO it's not worth using the original style flinks - they are out of fashion for a reason. Change to plastics instead...
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

As far as were the thread has gone ok, Im just trying to get info I could have done that but didnt... Thanks for the info. So where do I get the new type from then?

by the way last post under the thread... will start a new one
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Where from?
Anywhere - it depends what you want to do.

Read the last page.

If it's too complicated, replace them with the old flinks...
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.