The 1988 IsuzuPiazza.com Build up...

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Yes - as per F-Link... issue.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

So on the green wire... can I use a F-link that has a fuse buit into the wire or do I need to find the fLink wire and try that way?

Reason im asking is that I dont know what gague wire to put there new...?
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

You do NOT put in any gauge of wire - you put in the CORRECT fuselink wire. It is special wire - not copper.

As shown in your other flink thread, our flinks are 0.3 Brown and 1.0 Black which are 13A & 26A respectively.
(0.4 Green is 16A & 0.7 Red is 21A.)

The only obvious safe upgrade there is the Red 21A to a 20A flink - ie, the FL series of plastic-enclosed "Wiring Harness Fuses" - of which I prefer the common pluggable FLF series up to maybe 40A (even though available to 80A inclusive; but above 40A I might prefer bolt-in flinks).

Though the Black 26A could go to a 25A FLN type with locking tab.

The 13A Brown should strictly speaking become a 10A though 15A may well be acceptable, with the 16A Green also to a 15A fuse unless a 20A FLF flink is ok.
Are these acceptable? A lower rated fuse may blow too easily. Even a similar rated or higher rated fuse may blow too easily - fuselinks and fuses (and circuit breakers) have different response times - eg, a 20A ATS blade fuse may blow faster than a Brown or Green (13A & 16A) fuselink-wire.

I did start a wiring analysis (based on Poida's "PiazzaManual" pdf as available on this site) but stopped.
(Interestingly, there is one case where the flink is rated higher than the downstream cable.)

I was intending an installation where all flinks are replaced by 20A FLN flinks (for 13A Brown & 16A Green and maybe 21A Red) and a 30A FLN flink (or higher) for the 26A Black, and maybe for the 26A Red; else 20A flinks for all (noting that one 13A Brown is in series with the 26A Black).

So replace the flink wires with the correct rated fuselink wire.
WARNING - I have seen the same colors with other very different current ratings. Use the color & current rating association that I provided.
speedracerles

Post by speedracerles »

got it... so is this something that I can order or get online some where? I have the one out of my other car but that is the one that I drive daylie so I cant use that one and none of the auto parts store have what i need or they dont know what I need.. this is one of the only things holding me back from getting the car to run...

Let me know what you have in mind...
Isuzu impulse turbo, my weapon of choice!
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Search for fuselink wire and make up your own.

Or try for the original part.

I don't expect to be revisiting the flink upgrade for a while...
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

you can usually source flink wire in any length you need from most Auto Electrical outfits, it is cheap to buy.
So many cars, so little cash