Problem with emission system

bondarulya
Learner
Learner

Problem with emission system

Post by bondarulya »

Hello! My name is Artem. I'm from Ukraine. I have isuzu piazza xs 84. I was very happy when I found this web site. It's my car http://www.drive2.ru/cars/isuzu/piazza/ ... ondarulya/
I have some problem with my car,now. Guys, help me)))excuse me or my English)))
In 1,01,12 I ride my car.....suddenly, I felt pulling and stopped. Car went deaf. After second I a fire saw under a hood...When I opened a hood, saw that high tension cables fallen down on hot turbo and made a fire....Hoses,wich way from throttle valve and charcoal canister, was on fire to....I extinguished a fire very quickly. On next day I replaced al cables and hoses, washed throttle valve. When I warm uped the engine, I did not understand what happened - idling absent....rpm was from 1000 to 1500 and was varied....periodically ( about 1- 3 times on a minet),for a split second,''CHECK" was displayed...When I wanted to ride, the car started to pull...it was like no fuel...... Then I checked all sensors (temp., air sensor, throttle valve sensor, o2) and it was norm....I changed ECU , but it did not help...Consist of self diagnostic ( on video ), throttle sensor is abnormal.....but I checked it on multimiter - it normal.....Yesterday, I noticed, that first 5 - 10 min. motor works norm ( 800 rpm, steppin motor works, no jolting) but after that time motor is lowers rpm and srarts work worse.....On this video you can see self-diagn. proced. on ECU and TURBO CONTROL UNIT......I have a Workshop Manuals and I was all diagnostics proced. and chekcs consist of it.......Please, answer me, our car has emergency operation, which switch after fire or damage, haven't ? My video: http://youtu.be/vcDXvFlPvdI
http://youtu.be/CsWBTS_fJgk[/img]
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Wedgenut, or Izu, or Bugle? Want to step in?
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hello Artem
I think you need to do a step by step diagnosis dealing with one thing at a time.

Assuming you have all your hoses replaced in the correct places the first thing to do is check that all your wiring connectors are clean and tight. You also need to check you are not suffering low fuel pressure. If you have already done all these basic checks there are one or two things that can give you the symptom of normal running at first and then bad idle. You need to check first of all that the hose from the throttle body down to the Idle Air valve is still firmly in place and not cracked or leaking (this is a common cause of your problem) You also need to check that the Idle Air valve is working properly. When the engine is cold the valve is fully open and allows extra air into the throttle body, the O2 sensor detects lean fuel mixture and tells the ECU to deliver more fuel which is what you need for cold start. This idle air valve has an electrical connector similar to the plugs on your injectors and it is tucked right under the inlet manifold. The voltage supplied to this valve slowly heats a small coil that pulls a plate over the air inlet hole as the engine warms up. The o2 sensor starts to get a rich reading and the fuel supply is eased back to the correct delivery for a warm engine. If this is not working the O2 sensor will continue to sense lean and you will be getting to much fuel, the engine will run rich and maybe even stall. It is much the same situation as the old manual choke system.

THIS MAY NOT BE YOUR PROBLEM but you need to eliminate it as a possibility. Your problems may not have anything to do with your fire.

Also you say you have checked the TPS and it works normally but have a trouble code indicating it is abnormal? Check the wiring connector plug that is clipped to the front of the cam cover just above the thermostat housing. These wires get very hot and go hard and brittle. They may look okay but check that none of them are broken or loose inside the connector. I have had to repair this part on several cars. If you need any pictures let me know.
So many cars, so little cash
bondarulya
Learner
Learner

Post by bondarulya »

thank you for an answer,wedgenut......I found a problem. It was a bad contact with a ground and O2 sensor on exhaust collector....