Brock Piazza

Talk about anything and everything
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brock Piazza

Post by Piazza_man »

Was reading an article somewhere about how Peter Brock (HRT) was once given a Piazza back in circa '86 by Holden to try an improve the handling. Brock came back to Holden with a Bilstein package, but Holden apparently rejected it because it was deemed too stiff for every day use. There may have been 1 or 2 engine mods thrown in there as well, but the point of this thread was to say that I contacted HRT via email a couple if weeks ago, and they have nothing in their archives about this project.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this or has anyone contacted GMH about this, because I am thinking of writing an email or something.
Last edited by Piazza_man on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

GMH will deny anything Piazza. (That's my experience. And what little I have heard is often wrong or misleading anyhow...)

I wonder if the Brindabella site/forum may know. It was to one of them that I sold my G-W twin-DCOE and (Gemini) extractor set up for a "Brock Replica" rally Gemini (originally with G180W but I think this was to have a G200W).
Not that I've been to that site for a while, but it had slippets of interesting info that coincided with my knowledge. (atm www.bmsc.com.au is being blocked as a "trojan" etc - not that I'm sure if that's the site I visited.)

POST EDIT - http://www.bmsc.com.au works fine.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Ok. I'll have a scratch around on that site.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I found that any links to www.bmsc... have to be preceded by http:// else it's blocked as a hijack or trojan. (I'm using Avast! by others as bmsc report similar with other security.)

And to search on their site you have to be registered.
But if it's like many other sites, google does a better job finding their posts than the site's own search engine. (Maybe I should get back into IT or php and solve that issue too?)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.