Driveshaft

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
Skrilla

Driveshaft

Post by Skrilla »

Going to convert my auto to a 5 speed ,do they share the same driveshaft or should I grab that too?
If you boost it,they will run!!
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Grab that too.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

YES! Not sure for Piazza's but often it's a larger spline/yoke.
The shaft length can also vary, though shortening a shaft isn't a big deal (and has the advantage of a balance).

FYI - if you have the 1"external circlip uni joints, all yokes can be obtained.
I have 2 Piazza autos. One uses the 1" UJs (same as my old Belletts, Florians etc) whilst the other has the larger Gemini type.
I've had luck with my (non-Piazza) Isuzu changes. Fitting Gemini/Rodeo 5-speed boxes to my 1965 4-speed merely meant using a Florian tailshaft for length, and using whatever yoke (early course or later fine or larger fine or automatic (= VN Commodore?) fine spline.
Whilst Isuzu are probably the masters of interchangeability (eg, 1989 Jackaroo/Rodeo LSD banjo into my 1965 Wasp; or 1986 Piazza LSD into 1969 Florian, or Piazza & Jack/Rodeo banjos if you change the crown & pinion for the right ratio), I simply lack the experience with Piazzas and later vehicles. (Though I recently wrote of interchangeability (with mods) of Jackaroo & Piazza cruise control boxes.)
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Skrilla

Post by Skrilla »

Thanks,Im just going to grab it.
If you boost it,they will run!!