My stock black one

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

My stock black one

Post by turbo andy »

That was my car, Its in fantastic condition, more or less orignal except for autometer tacho, greddy boost gauge, GPS, 2.5inch exhaust and dodgy seat covers.
I also had the bonnet jacked up with nylon blocks in the photo 'drift style' I have since removed them.
I have the centre console on my bed at the moment with my new head unit in it. Amps and such await! I am also halfway through a custom car alarm with pain generator sirens.

The next major step will be reworked suspension, lowered. Then maybe tubular exhaust manifold with standard turbo, big pleninum and throttle body using the standard intercooler welded up to kill the cross over pipe, I hope to do all the work myself, if i ever afford a new daily driver
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Drop it on its guts and loose the stockie wheels.

Looks nice and straight. Ive never seen the red and gray side stripes before, and chance of a better shot to show the detail??

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I think I had to much to drink, I am seeing double :rolleyes:

I always like black, but I dislike those stickers, kinda reminds me of a holden vacation or some crap.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Post by turbo andy »

Rodeobob wrote:Drop it on its guts and loose the stockie wheels.
Nothing wrong with the wheels, sure they need a real good polish, But there genuine Izuzu and I have enuff style to still look cool, It's way to high up tho.
Rodeobob wrote:Looks nice and straight. Ive never seen the red and gray side stripes before, and chance of a better shot to show the detail??.
Yeah i've Inspected it all over, I can't find any repairs except tiny stone chip touch ups, no resprayed sections and no wrinkles!

The decals must be origional, they contour too well to be aftermarket, I don't like them at all, they are made up of a million little grey dots and the remind me of the festiva 'sports'

I'm budgeting for a top notch respray in super black, black.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Actually the wheels dont look as bad with the gray decals to break up the black. You should have a look at the pics ive posted up of my car, its all black and the wheels dont look much chop.

Bob.

brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

just wondering if you bough the dash mat or made it yourself, i really have to do the same to hide all the cracks in my dash :silent:
looks good but i reckon a set of rims will really set off the black paint
turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Post by turbo andy »

The dash mat is definatly a professional job, it came with the car and could even be original holden, if they had options like that back then.

it would be easy to make one tho. Its just a flat, unmoulded piece of felt with cutouts, edging and velcro
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

You selling up Andy??? Thats your car on ebay isnt it???

Bob.

IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Andy,
Just logged into ebay but couldn't see your(?) Piazza ad. It was there last night - nearly 2 days bidding to go with ~$1602 as last bid.
Is it still for sale & is it registered or driveable? If so, I'll beat $1602 (eg $1700) but I'm keen to come over to pick-up etc.
Can you call me on 03 94583194 - leave message (Telstra 101) and I'll call you back to discuss. Else SMS contact number to 0428 184369.

Thanks in anticipation; else good luck!

PeterA (aka IZU069)
peter.areskog@bigpond.com
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Post by turbo andy »

I pulled e-bay due to the lack of interest, the last bidder pulled his bid, and it was 1500 after that and if i left it any longer i would have probably had to take a low price, (you can't pull out after the last day).

my secret reserve was $2200 by the last 24 hrs

The car is not really for sale any more as i had a big oil-down on sunday morning, so good thing you didn't grab it.
I plan to find out what went wrong and either rebuild that, or throw in a rodeo or gemini motor. or maybe a 13Bt and rx7 box.

you can still make me an offer, it still drives with only a little smoke over 4500rpm
the alignment is possibly out as i noticed some bump-steer at higher speeds, the suspension is really annoying, but it's all in top condition, love that aussie ride :-)
power steering is still giving me the shits, despite my experience with such systems, can't find the problem, the noise comes and goes.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Good to hear you havnt sold it as you where so happy when you got it.
Keep it mate, i promise you in a few years it be alot more worth (if those gem people keep on going).

Lets try to fix it instead?

So you blowing smoke. 1. I would check if you hear any wierd noises from the turbo, aslo check spark plugs and the timing. Regarding the Power steering, get a mate to turn it left and right while engine on and you listen to the power steering pump. Allignment will only set you back $40 so dont give up, we are here to help!!
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

turbo andy wrote: The car is not really for sale any more as i had a big oil-down on sunday morning, so good thing you didn't grab it.
I plan to find out what went wrong and either rebuild that, or throw in a rodeo or gemini motor. or maybe a 13Bt and rx7 box.
I dont follow ya What do ya mean. Oil down for a big skid or it dumped heaps out.

Id do what chris said and check the turbo. Inlet plumbing and dump pipe off and check for play in the shaft.

Id also do a compression test.

I know peter in the message above was very keen at the 2K mark. It might be worth your while to send him off a PM.

Dont go putting a rotor in it. That would be sad.

Bob.

turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Post by turbo andy »

why can't I see my pictures?

I lost my back-up disk and wanted to keep some pictures.

By the way I sold my piazza, $1300 I belive....what a joke, it was sweet.

I'm now living in tokyo.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Pics should be back up now.. The pic upload system has been changed and path for the old pics is still
Http://www.isuzupiazza.com/puplic/images/ i am sure someone will fix that. Make sure you savem this time as this domain wont last much longer

You sold it for what?? Dirty dog! :axe: Hows tokoyo treating you? Any ping pong action so far?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

turbo andy
APC Member
APC Member

Post by turbo andy »

sweet, saved those pics, and a few others.
Piazza's are a testing car to say the least, I lost a lot of cash on that one, but it would have been even worse to pay to store it.

Sadly I think it even got parted....I keep getting rego renewals, so it's not on the road anymore.

They will always be my favorite car, but I'll never own another. (I'd possibly buy mine back tho, if it ever came up)

Tokyo rocks, I play (japan)AFL over here, no ping pong that I've seen. just lots of crazy video arcades.

Havn't seen a Piazza/Impulse here yet, a very old car by jap standards.
But I did make a 1-24 replica of mine.