My Piazza project thread

Showcase your rides here. Read "Picture Help" to find out how to host your pic's
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

In person you can see a bit better. They are bigger but not by much. Ive got some exhaust gaskets here i will try and take some pics with them as the guide.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I got my crate of bits today, got all my suspension parts to fix the front end but couple of things were missing though..

Anyway got some delorean head lights.. Already had the grille for them. Looks ok just have to figure out how to wire them up. Since my car only has 1 headlight plug on each side..

The eyelids wont sit in the shut position because they hit this bit of the light.. I've got the eyelids that went with the car the lights came off but they seem to be exactly the same. I think it's supposed to have a different plastic thing on the end of the guard too.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I also got one of those non eyelid Nero grilles.. I reckon they look pretty good with the one piece headlights..
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Fark!! Where de hell did you get those delorean lights from also they look quite similar to the Isuzu duals.

But wouldnt the DMC lights on high beam shine in theleft direction which would mean you wouldnt get a RWC for it?
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Oh yeah I got the 3 engine control computers (fuel, knock, and turbo).. While the fuel computers microcontroller is rebranded a JECS i'm sure it'll be the same as the Pintara one I pulled apart where they hadn't rebranded it and it was a Hitachi 6301. So ive gotta find a ROM reader now.
Also just checked the turbo computer it's running a Motorola 68HC05.. So that would be cool if i can figure out the program it could be reprogrammed for more boost.
Last edited by Bugle on Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Chris wrote:Fark!! Where de hell did you get those delorean lights from also they look quite similar to the Isuzu duals.

But wouldnt the DMC lights on high beam shine in theleft direction which would mean you wouldnt get a RWC for it?
They're proper Piazza ones got them off a guy in brissy who had a JDM front cut. He put the engine in a Gemini so didn't have any use for the lights. So they're legal for RHD Piazzas.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

My original crossmember is a bit farked so i'm gonna use this one.. Gotta modify it a bit to accomodate the crossmember braces. Gotta weld some nuts in and seam weld it a bit..

This is the difference
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

The end of the cross memeber at the bottom of the pic is open isnt it Bugle??? I wouldnt bother trying to captivate the nuts, just bolt em in as long as you can get a spanner in there. Your not planning on pulling it out again in a hurry are you??
Whats the hole for i can see part of in the one on the left out of your car?? the hole in the top of the crossmember??

Is that an import bumper and indicators?? Where do you put the park lights with the std headlight setup??

Im interested in your findings on the computer chips.

I actually prefer the nero grille and the std lights over the twin setup.

Cheers. Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

There should be enough room to get the mig in there to weld some nuts on. Can only fit a spanner in there if the suspension arms aren't bolted in.
That hole is just a stiffening flared hole thing. Both ones have it.

Yeah import bumper and lights. It has the parkers as normal just they're orange. I dunno if that's defectible but if it is the RB Gemini lenses with clear parkers will fit.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I rekon a better look would be all clear lenses and coloured globes and the clear side lights.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Clear side ones might look alright.. I like the orange ones in the bar though.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

my post disappeared ohwell

Here's the crossmember done

Here's the battery tray section cut out now I gotta make a piece of steel fit the hole.
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Hey thats magic Bugle. The hole is gone.

How come its not welded in yet??? You got a bunny suck in your welding helmet???

Bob.

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

There ya go! Gotta smooth it all off now..