Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

RodeoBob,
Yes new users must post 30 posts before they can access:

For Sale -> Cars -> Parts

Also some members who we know off who have a piazza have access too.

For example, Old Rick L. Has heaps of Piazzas Knowledge but is to much of a tide ass to share it with us :finga: ( Kidding ).

If we do get someone who just would like to sell their piazza or parts without posting 30 posts first can contact one of the mods or admins to gain access or to post it for them..

I dont think 300 made it to OZ as I have read in quite a few 1986 mags the number 200 but than again we dont know for sure till we know for sure :rolleyes:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:I dont think 300 made it to OZ as I have read in quite a few 1986 mags the number 200 but than again we dont know for sure till we know for sure :rolleyes:
What i heard was they were selling 1986 made ones still in 1988.

Dunno, and i doubt holden would be happy about discussing their failure either. lol.

I wonder if they trashed some they couldnt sell.

Bob
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Here is the official number that holden here in Adelaide gave me about Piazza's. They said that 375 Piazzas were imported by holden to australia, however not all 375 were actually sold. Holden ended up sending back about 50 cars to japan so Im assuming the number of holden piazzas in oz was around 325. As for imports they couldnt tell me, but im guessing around 80 odd imports. I really strongly believe there are not more than 70 still registered throughout oz. When you think about it that really is still a reasonable amount. (then again there are probably still almost 300 4zc1t engines in oz most in Gems... :axe: )
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Its time Holden grew up and took their head out of their arse. The Piazza, whether it be isuzu import or Holden badged is still a product of their history.
Some of the worst cars in history from various makers are todays valuable classics, mainly because they were so bloody awful or ugly or both that not many were sold and so become rare. Like a tasmanian virgin, rare as rockinghorse shit! Sorry to all tassies watching and yes i've heard all the sheep jokes!

I tried contacting Holden NZ for information and got the runaround. being a stubborn bastard I found out the email of their big cheese and sent the same email every day for a week nagging at him to talk to me. Eventually I got a reply and it said " no information available for public release, contact Holden in Australia" Off I went to Holden Australia and they were much more direct...get fucked, not actual words to be honest but that was the message. Pratts!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Well guess we will never know if we dont ask Mr G.

He would know the numbers produced.. So whos up for the challenge to contact mr g and ask him himself.. Last I know is that he works for Nikon (Cameras) and also has his own designer firm. Their contact details somewhere in the Article section or small talk but again I am to lazy to look it up.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

How about this then

Taken from page 216 of Giugiaro Italdesign Catalog Raisonne 1959-1987 Volume Two

Isuzu Piazza (Impulse)

Geneva

Mass Production 101,879 units

5/1981 through 9-1987

This I suspect covers all variants, JR120, JR130 and the YB's so not as many as first thought but it doesn't help us with total numbers for OZ and NZ. We need a friendly mole at GM. in both countries because the NZ ones were all imported CBU + we have the second hand imports as well. Bloody hard innit!
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

101k sounds right to me. I remember reading on a website about a year ago that 56k manuals and 55k autos were made (or the other way round...). They were sold in USA, Uk, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Japan, NZ (and possibly germany though i cant confirm). I also remeber reading that the largest number exist in Saudi. The website was actually very specific, ie. it showed exactly how many non-turbo and how many turbo and then how many with digital dash etc. but i cant find the site now.
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Markus could you find out where you got those figures from??

Also germany never had any imports as I was born in germany and lived their till 1999 and never saw or heard of a piazza or impulse..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it would be good to know how many are registed in each state.
All it takes is a phone call to your local transport department. When you ask most of them will tell you it is conferdantioal information (I can't spell for crap) But make up shit like:
"Hey my name is so and so, tell them first about the history till it growes into their hearts and than tell them your writting abook about Piazzas and you would only like to know how many piazzas are registed in their state" Make clear that you dont want number plates or names.. Only a number!!!
I will contact QLD transport departement soon and will get the official numbers posted soon. Be also interesting how many are left in NZ..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I have already done the exercise here, they are not too dificult to deal with here as long as you are prepared t pay for the information, Which i did. I think I already posted the information somewhere on the forum but here they are again anyway:

As at 28 May 2004, a total of 302 Isuzu Piazza are still 'active' in the New
Zealand registry. The following table provides a view of their current status
as at 28 May 2004:

CURRENT LICENCE STATUS
1st reg nz Licenced Unlicenced On Hold Total
1982 1 1 2
1984 22 6 5 33
1985 41 15 10 66
1986 14 7 5 26
1987 5 1 2 8
1988 1 2 3
1989 12 14 6 32
1990 26 21 20 67
1991 11 5 11 27
1992 3 1 1 5
1993 1 3 4
1994 4 1 1 6
1995 1 3 4
1996 3 3
1997 2 2
1998 1 1 2
1999 2 1 1 4
2000 1 1
2001 1 1 1 3
2002 1 1
2003 2 1 3
Totals 150 80 72 302

NB Some of the later registrations may be older models re registered after
lapsing therefore the total is not guaranteed accurate. The years shown are
those of first registration in NZ and therefore may include used imported
vehicles older than registration year indicates.

Kheang Chrun
Information Analyst
IT Operations Support
TRANSPORT REGISTRY CENTRE
LAND TRANSPORT SAFETY AUTHORITY

So you see the possible total is 302 and if you add up the numbers of those the NZ forum members have plus those we have wrecked or know of that have been wrecked or are about to wreck then it is possible. Growler has a couple, Jay Dee said six from memory, 117 coupe has one andI know of three others that are on the road that are not members of the forum plus I have four alive, two I have killed here at home and four others i have seen go to their death. I know of four others for sure in act of being wrecked plus at least ten others I have been told about and I don't really know anybody, that is at least 34 so I am begining to believe the numbers. for some reason I can't get the columns to space correctly, it is okay on the initial posting page but it doesn't stay formatted when it goes to the forum page. maybe you can fix that chris. Would it be easier if I emailed it to you as a spreadsheet so you can add it in the correct format?
It is hard to read as it is displayed currently
B52

30 Posts

Post by B52 »

Hi,
I have just bought a Piazza auto which was defected in SA.
It is on the border to either wreck or restore.
I was going to put the motor and box in a gem coupe I'm restoring however I have decided to go with an 1800 imported twin cam.
That leaves the Piazza in limbo.
Plan is to get it back on the road however as a new member looking for parts I am unable to access this section. I believe that the parts scetion should available to new members.
If I am unable to get the parts to get the Piazza back on the road as your forum promotes I may as well wreck it as I can get more for it selling off bits at a time.
Give me some feedback.
Cheers
David
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hi David
Welcome to the fold and I hope you make the right decision, the for sale section is restricted to give members the ability to limit the audience to well established members whose motives are piazza oriented. We do appreciate that new members may find this a disadvantage, also we don't feel the need to impose rules on members as to who they MAY wish to sell to. To overcome this problem we have a particular section for new members to use for this purpose. I suggest you post your needs there and i'm sure if what you need is around and someone wants to sell they will get in touch. If you know any of our existing members you should make contact with them to plead your case. In the meantime all you can do is use the new members parts section. If you know any history of the vehicle you have bought you should post it and add pictures if possible. It all helps with the database one of our members is working on..however slowly. LOL
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

David, i feel partly responsible for the position you find yourself in so i will offer to give you the leg up to help you on your way.

There was something going on that if you join up with the Australian Piazza Club that you could get a CD copy of the factory Holden Piazza manual. An invaluable sorce of info i rekon and a must for any Piazza owner.

Whats Up with the APC Chris???? Its gone missing.
Poida is the guy to talk to about the CD.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

If I am unable to get the parts to get the Piazza back on the road as your forum promotes I may as well wreck it as I can get more for it selling off bits at a time.
hehe, so your saying that if you wont get access to the 4Sales you will sale the car to bits and pieces?

Well go on mate... Like everyone else you will need to wait till you get your 30 posts up and the mods are happy and believe you care about piazzas though with this comment I doubt it.

Happy new year.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

B52

Post by B52 »

No, I'm not saying that if I don't get access to the 4sale section I will just strip the Piazza for parts and be a stuck up Pr-ck. I'm saying that you are at the mercy at qualified piazza members to view the new site for non registered members if they feel like it and that any part on the registered 4sale site is not accessable. Just makes it difficult to restore the Piazza I have and get it back on the road.
If I cannot get the parts etc. I may as well strip it as I will get more for it as a wreck (even though it is not a wreck) than sell it as a whole car.
You tell me what is my best option!!!
Cheers
David
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Best option is to ignore Chris, nobody likes him anyway :finga: lol. Joking Chris.

You can gain access to the For Sale sections through either Rodeobob or wedgenut - you are at their mercy. Explain your story to them and why you want access to the section. I see your reason as valid, and as you already have the Piazza in your hands i dont see you as a threat to other Piazzas out there [ie. youd have no reason to look for more Piazzas as you already have one, if you were inclined to strip it you could already do so]. I know it seems like an unfair system but its just to stop us from being flooded with Gemini owners that are after our drivelines. You dont seem to be one of them.

Now, what is it you are actually after? Info? Parts? Etc etc. I see parts being the only problem [that is until you are given access]. If there is anything you are urgently after you could try post in the Gemini owners section and someone will forward stuff off to you.

Finally, some pics in the showroom section along with your plans, and a post in the introduction section will not only help you bump your post count up but let us get to know you.

Cheers,

Nick-

PS. I was once in your shoes.
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z