The Sydney piazza Cruize

Australian meets, drags, shows and cruises
Rick82

The Sydney piazza Cruize

Post by Rick82 »

So far the cruize hasent made it past the first stage, that is getting everyone in one place at the same time talk about where to go and for how long. Thursday nights meeting was a flopp!! not one person except Bugle from sydney turned up!! there where more Nz ers than anybody else.

Guy's if you are seriouse about this cruze you are going to have to put some effort in!! I understand that you all have other comitments but if you are not going to make it the meetings please let me know in advance by email rick@holdenpiazza.com so that i dont waste my time all night waiting for members to turn up.

The meetings will consist of how many people are going to turn up, where to go and for how long as pulling an overnighter has been mentioned and will also attract our mates from brizzy and melbourne.al these things will be disscussed at the next meeting .

we will re organise the meeting for next thursday the 17th at the same time ( 9pm ) if you cant make it please let me know or if thursday night is not a good night we can organise for another night. Hope to see all you sydney piazza owners there on thursday!!
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

obviousely nobody wants to go for a cruise as last night there was no one in the chat room again, i got their late expecting to find even one person in there but nothing.

So the cruise looks like it was over before it even began, I could just set a date and location but what for if nobody can turn up for a meeting in the chat room could you imagine how many people would turn up to the cruise.

Im not going to give up completly so if your really seriouse about it but cant make it to the meetings just Pm or email me your details i will keep in contact, By the looks of things the Date will be Early Januarry and if possible will be held over the weekend so that we can give our interstate piazzas friends a chance to attend and make a weekend out of it

Hope to hear from somebody soon!!
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Hey Rick

We are organising one hopefully in the New Year over here in the shaky isles, you can always come to ours if no one wants to talk to you over there. The Piazza isn't a big car but you might have trouble stuffing it in the overhead locker so just hop on a plane, we will find you a place to sleep and a car to drive I'm sure. We might even let you hang an Aussie flag in the window if you are a good boy.
So many cars, so little cash
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Hey Rick,

I can see your having trouble there, and i tell you its not an easy thing as we TRIED to organise one in Melb. People cant get there shit together well enough to get their car on the road [Hey, im the worst offender :finga: ] let alone get them all together on the same day at the same time, everyone agreeing on everything.

Basically, this is how to go about it. Get a list of emails and locations from all the Sydney members. PM Chris, he should be able to give you a hand with this. Keep an eye on the locations and try to get a initial meeting point central to all members. This will get the tightasses who think "fuck that its too far" to actually come along. Once they are there they will probably stay on. Once youve worked out your initial meeting point, set your location to cruise to and date. Notice i say SET not "Hey bloke what day do you reckon?". Things get nowhere that way. Ive noticed its easier for people to work around dates rather then it is to all agree on one. Set yourself the cruise date, and set the Starters date about 2 weeks before that. Basically, the starters date is for everyone to TELL you [make sure you make a big point of this] IF they are coming. If theres less then 2cars attending theres no real point is there?

Good luck mate, its not an easy task. Im going to try get the melb boys going early Jan, when and IF my car is going. The problem with melb is there are about 6 known Piazzas, yet only 2 are registered [shorty and bartaman]

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Well nick already took some words out of my mouth but its the same old story what we have been trying to do for years.

Ok here are the people who I think would come in Australia (the true dedicated piazza owners)
though you would think with having around 80 in our country everyone be fucking keen to meet up.

Anyways, like I said before if you do a one day cruise it be only 2-3 people but if you/we planned something for a whole weekend with camping, bbq, piss, chicks and maybe 1/4 on sunday than you get more.

Here is from my opinion who would come if it is a dedicated weekend thingy.

Brisbane elky, piazza gurl and myself would maybe go halfys petrol and drive to syd.
Sydney = Yourself, bugles (if hes alot to sleep over :finga:), rodavo, and rick82
Melbourne = Bob and old Nick can share petrol and maybe steve might come too, i am also sure that I call rick ludgy he would come too

so their quite a few people already and most of us would bring their missuses, so we are already a small crowd.

Msg those people, I am in if it is a weekend thing so YES from me, I give elky a call see if hes up for it and to some other people...

Btw, reason you didnt have anyone in the chat room is coz you didnt tell me to email everyone :)
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
faffled

Post by faffled »

dont have time for thurs night chat rooms but im up 4 a cruze..
elky
Probationary
Probationary

cruise

Post by elky »

yeah i know how hard it is to get this goin, but maybe a date set at a time in the future so you can get your car ready is the go?

Kilcoy's piazza (chris) is rego and id his daily now with a 2.6 in it, i reckon he b up for it but time off work is the big thing!!

i am keen!

cheers
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

January might give me enough time to get teh shitbox running again!
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Any news or updates on the syd cruise? If we get a date happening than maybe we can start promoting and figure out the other details.

Maybe Elky/ Kilcoy and myself will drive together down if the date suits us and if its a weekend thing
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

Ok guy's, been going over the old posts and i thinks its time we get this cruise off the ground. Its time to get a date set so that everyone has enough notice to organise them selfs around the date. im guesing that most of our cars are on the road/registerd and running??

Chris im gona need you to email everyone to gather some awarness before and after we set this date so that everyone is clear on whats going on or maybe some advertising.

id really like to get a minimum of 10 cars in the one place at the same time just likethe good old days when they turned up to our shores, So everyone can see first hand what everyone else has.

I tried unsucsesfully last year to get this CRUISE to happen, Maybe it was too late in the year ,Not all the cars where ready but this year i really want it to happen so if you are interested please let myself or Chris know so we can get some numbers of how many cars we will get to show up.

The date will be set in the next 2 weeks and again if there are any dates that you know are going to be imposible due to other obligations just let me know so i can take them into cosideration when setting the date

Hope to hear from you all soon
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

If theres a lot of fore warning and it all lines up with when i take holidays i could make it up there.

Ive still got a bit to do, i made a start on getting the interior back together today. Still got to do the front suspension.

Will depend on how long it takes me to get the cash together for rego etc.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

I'll make you a promise, set the date and I will be there....after I win lotto on saturday night that is and can charter my own cargo plane :supz:
Rick82

Post by Rick82 »

when are you taking holidays??
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Rick82 wrote:when are you taking holidays??
Your asking me i take it. No point asking a Kiwi anything.

Not sure. lol.
See how i go with this moving house caper over the next two weeks.

Could possibly be the start of December for 2 weeks. I might wait a bit longer and spend the extra week up in QLD. See how things go. If im up that way i will sort out to drop in on a few of ya thats for sure.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Jeez Bob change that picture....please