Piazza Cruze in Sydney

Australian meets, drags, shows and cruises
rodavo

Piazza Cruze in Sydney

Post by rodavo »

Since we are on the topic,

How many people in Sydney own Piazza's? Would there be enough for a cruze??
Chris Schumann

Post by Chris Schumann »

Hey,
I would come to sydney if I had a piazza

But I am already thinking about buying sammies one. Well just have to wait and see. But count me. I would even come without a piazza.

Btw. Please post some photos here in the showroom so we can have a look at your rides if you have some time.

Cheers,

Chris
rodavo

Post by rodavo »

I tried to put a pic in the showroom section but I cant get it too work in the preview. What do you have to put in the URL when you click on the insert image icon??
bugle

Post by bugle »

Just gotta get my Piazza running again :(
Chris

Post by Chris »

If there is another Piazza cruise coming up soon i would love to join you, i am in sydney and have recently baught a piazza(standard atm) possibility for mods soon to come, just wondering if anyone car help with some advice, i am wanting to up the boost to about 10 psi and put a blow off valve and i heared this caused probs?? Is this true??
rodavo

Post by rodavo »

I am running 10 psi and a blow off valve venting to atmosphere and mine is running fine. I have had no probs with it so far. There is a gain in power, not as much as I would have thought but it is definantly better than standard. Just be sure to run hi octane fuel and dont thrash the hell out of it and it should last for a long time.
Chris Schumann

Post by Chris Schumann »

The stock turbo can go up to 15 psi, But i wouldnt drive that for long. Best is to have a boost switch 10 psi for crusing and 15 when you need it :evil:
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

i have just turned mine piazza up to 10 psi from stock and i noticed a big increase, i can feel the turbo now where before it was not noticable. my mate has a vl 5 litre and he use to flog me but now i can keep right beside him on 10 it is great.
I run my car at the 1/4 mile 6 months ago standard and got 16.865 and 129.8 km's and i am going to eastern creek again in 3 or 4 weeks but this time i am running 10psi boost and a pod and ill see how i go
But for now turned boost up to 10 and having no probs but like rodavo said you must run high octane or the engine will ping
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I ran mine on 10psi with 3 month old standard unleaded and it didn't ping :) Was a bit silly to try that though..

Cool let us know when you're heading to wsid i'll go watch
rodavo
APC Member
APC Member

Post by rodavo »

Yeah I will definantly come and watch as well. Let us know when you are going.

All us Sydney Piazza owners should get together in the next couple of weeks, I havent seen another Piazza in ages, probably like 6 months.

Actually I saw a black Piazza drive by me while I was filling up with petrol. It had an exhaust on it (possibly a canon) and it was on Camden Valley Way at Leppington about 4 to 6 months ago!! Anyone here own it???

Dave
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

I am taking my beast back to eastern creek this wednesday (24/8/05) Really hoping to get into the the 15's this time. last time i ran 16.875 all stock and thgis time i will be running 10 psi boost pod air filter and i have had the injectors cleaned and exhaust sensor has been replaced. I am supposed to be racing my mate's superchrged lancer but i have a feeling he is going to pull out. I'll let you know how i go and post some pic's
Brendan
Go the mighty Piazza :supz:
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Pics be awsome and sime time slips.
So is their any chance of getting the first piazza cruise ever to happen??
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

car is all ready to go now, just filled it up with some 98 petrol and added some octane booster which should take it up to around 105 octane. i noticed with the higher octane the car is reving cleanly and all the way to 6300. normaly the car will not rev that high just wondering how other people's cars rev?
cant wait till tomorrow so hoping to get into the low 15's, it would really help if i had the exhaust but for now all i can afford is a hole half way down the pipe :rolleyes:
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I'd head out there for a look but already got plans for tomorrow night. Good luck with it!
Mine seems to rev to redline with no problems..
brendan
APC Member
APC Member

Post by brendan »

had a great night. best run was a 15.660 at 142.57k's
i know the car can do better but i was having lots of trouble getting power down. that was running 1o psi and when i turned the turbo up to 13 i couldnt get the car to grip the track, need better tyres.
here some links to some pic's taken on the night

http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/240805/DSC_0465.JPG

http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/240805/DSC_1284.JPG

http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/240805/DSC_0370.JPG

http://www.badgerphotography.com.au/240805/DSC_0960.JPG