Front park/indicator lamps/twin headlamps

New, Old anything that bolts on and goes
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Front park/indicator lamps/twin headlamps

Post by wedgenut »

I don't know about you blokes over there but our imported turbos have orange lenses on parks as well as indicators and look crappy and impossible to get new lenses for. I have seen similar ones on other cars but what i did find the other day was that Supercheap are selling "Universal" front park/indicator lamps for about twenty something dollars that are almost exactly the right size and shape so i am going to get me some of those. By the way if you want to go the twin headlight way get the lamps and frames off the twin headlamp people mover vans as they are almost identical frames and fit easily. same even on 5 - 7 tonne Isuzu trucks. All you have to do is shave the return under the inner edge of the eyelids so they drop down properly without fouling the inner lamps. If you can't track down the right grille panel it is easy enough to fold up some alloy to fill in the gaps where the single lamp used to sit.
So many cars, so little cash
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Yeah that doesn't apply to our standard bars as the parkers are already clear and also are a different size and mounted in a different spot. Have not yet found another car with the same lenses.

But on the import front bar i've got I replaced the orange parkered lenses with RB Gemini ones which are exactly the same just with clear parkers. Did you get JT150 or RB Geminis over there at all? If you need a pair I can prolly grab you some when I go to the wreckers (along with that Holden badge) i'm probably going to go there next week. Some bastards seem to go around pulling the lenses off, take the globes and stick the lenses in stupid places. Find them under the seats and shit was good fun searching for them :rolleyes:

That also reminds me those rounded side indicators look better than the rectangular ones on the Piazza i'll have to check if the screws are the same distance apart.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

You got any pics of these van/LT light holder setups Alex?????

The trouble ive found with our park/indicator lights we got is that they are a slightly curved lens. They are a different size to the Rodeo lights.

My drama is ive got to find a LH park/indicator light for the KB20 ute. They are a totaly weird shape. I could get away with just a lens and glue up the holder. I scored a NOS RH lens off eBay for $5 last week. Now i need the left one to match the shiny new one.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

If you need a pair I can prolly grab you some when I go to the wreckers (along with that Holden badge) i'm probably going to go there next week.
Bugle, that would be great if you could, we did get the RB but they are not common in the yards and mostly front ends are crunched. I need two sets if you can get them.
My drama is ive got to find a LH park/indicator light for the KB20 ute. They are a totaly weird shape. I could get away with just a lens and glue up the holder. I scored a NOS RH lens off eBay for $5 last week. Now i need the left one to match the shiny new one.
Bob, I will have a scout around over here for a lamp/lens or whatever.
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Bugle, i personally wouldnt bother with them as they are still orange and ugly. Grab WK Statesman clears. Rectangle shape, cover the holes perfectly, all thats needed is abit of aryldyte or Sikaflek and they are on.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

I'll see if I can last time I only managed to find 1.5 perfect sets they should have a whole bunch of new RB's by now.

Clear indicators are too fashionable for me, every bloody old car has em now.. I thought those Statesman ones didn't fill the whole hole?
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Bugle wrote:Clear indicators are too fashionable for me, every bloody old car has em now.. I thought those Statesman ones didn't fill the whole hole?
From what i can tell the TF Rodeo clear side markers are a screw on fit.

BTW the KB20 uses the same side marker lights as the Piazza does.

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Me ole granpappy used to say if you can't afford a dodge, dodge a ford
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Alex, dont ever mention the F word again...and i dont mean Fuck. Its not about fashion tom, if we were after that wed fucking do a skyline light conversion or altezza style. lol Clear indicators on the quarters just cleans it up that little bit better.

Maybe try calling SSS Automotive in Cambelfield Bob? they usually make replacement lenses for old/new cars. The old man bought brand new repro lenses for his TE, going back about 7yrs now but the prices were good.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I spent all my money on Piazza's that i intend to keep so i dont have any loose change left to afford the fuel to go snap up one of Broadmeadows finest for their usual going price which is free and even thats too much to pay.
I dont get it
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Rodeobob wrote: BTW the KB20 uses the same side marker lights as the Piazza does.
Same as Gemini TX-TE too
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Alex, dont ever mention the F word again..
Har har de har! very good, roger wilco and out, ten four and all the other yankee zippo bullshit that means I agree.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Chris wrote:
I spent all my money on Piazza's that i intend to keep so i dont have any loose change left to afford the fuel to go snap up one of Broadmeadows finest for their usual going price which is free and even thats too much to pay.
I dont get it
Its not your fault, your a ford freak. I keep telling myself that.

LOL

Bob.

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Solved the front indicator/park light lens problem, supercheap sell these universa; lamps that are exactly the right size for the turbo bumper. All you have to do is cut off the side mounting legs and jam it in the hole with australian bolts (RTV) LOL

$29.95 each
Delivery Boy

Post by Delivery Boy »

i like the look of the ones on my front bar better...

also have a set of original piazza front lamps for sale, pm if interested :finga:
My car stopped leaking oil, does that mean I'm out?