The tales of a cursed Piazza...

General Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx, Aska technical discussion.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

My company hack is an accord euro with all the fruit and its CC is bloody smart. I reckon it can see the hills coming as there is absolutely no obvious drama , it just friggin holds speed up and down hills like bloody magic. It has all this other sneaky shit that monitors lateral forces, throttle position, road speed, rpm and gear you are in and if it reckons you have overcooked it frigs with the suspension settings and brake bias to keep you safe.! OH REALLY well i don't trust it so I switch it OFF. Work of the devil I reckon and one day it will go wrong and turn me left into a farmers paddock at 160k's and as i lie there breathing my last gasp a little japa-bloody-knees voice will announce from the over complicated sound system . "That was for Hiroshima you lound eye plick" :finga:
So many cars, so little cash
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

a few years ago i owned a prelude tha had cruise control kinda hopeless same sorta thing nothing nothin nothin... gas gas gas.... fuck corner!!!!!!!

it also happened to have one of those great fully opening sunroofs

favourite trick was to go down the motorway standing thru sunroof steering with feet!

great fun and got some strange looks!!!!! :supz: :supz: :snakeman:
Sideways by choice!!!!!
graham

Post by graham »

your a loonatic, :rolleyes: brilliant, i love it, steering with your feet with your arse on the roof, i always knew cruise control would have a practical use. :finga:
I have two piazzas, one on each side of the world.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

it was fuckin great fun!!!!!!!!!!

can u believe wedgenut is gonna come for a ride next week!!!!!

hope he brings a spare pair of jocks !!!!!!!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

haha would've been funny if you ended up on motorway patrol
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Took the Gold Turbo manual conversion for a spin today, hard case running it with the auto computer still in it. When you put it in reverse the idle speed increases slightly which is very handy. Must be a loop from the reverse light circuit that tells the ecu to lift the revs as it thinks it is still an Auto. Goes okay other than a vibration off the exhaust somewhere. Roads were wet so lotsa slippy slidy on the arsey warsey.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

sound like great fun.

sideways is what piazzas do best!!!!!!!!

3rd gear in the wet is awsome!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
graham

Post by graham »

well we get motorway patrol over here in the u.k and i watch it constantly because i fully expect to see one of my family members being tugged by the police now im gonna be looking for piazza owning lunatics road testing there cruise control in the usual kiwi fashion, by that of course i mean topping up there full body suntans siting in the comfort of the roof of the car while steering with there feet, i also watch police 10/7 just in case dad is down south as it seems to be based more in the wellington area, so mike your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do something bloody stupid in a car in front of the polis, then you will be famous in the u.k too :finga:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The only thing I will admit to is one night coming home from a party on my BSA with a pillion passenger and we stopped and picked up two other guys! Got some really funny looks at the traffic lights and the cop who stopped me a bit farther along the road didn't beilieve me when I said I didn't know they were there and they must be stowaways. He said he probably wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been for the four hands sticking out signalling a right turn. I don't think he knew what to charge me with so he let me off, the hitchhikers had to continue on foot..... until the cop was out of sight that is.

These days you would be charged with being unkind to the tyres or some other trendy sandal wearing tree hugging bullshit PC crap. Those bloody cardigan wearers with the open toed Jesus boots have got a lot to answer for.

These days I don't break any laws, and never tell lies, HONEST.
graham

Post by graham »

ok u might only admit to that 1 but i know much much more, that you know is true and would probably rather forget, like the time you rode a motorbike over the middle of a roundabout and destroyed the lovely flora and fauna that the council lovingly planted there for the tree huggers to enjoy, or maybe you dont recollect the time (again on a motorbike) that you evaded the long arm of the law by escaping over the 18th green of a golf course, and the 17th and the 16th ,15th etc etc is it coming back to you now,anyway this is a site for piazzas not motorbike stories, although it does make one wonder if the real reason for moving to the land of the kiwi was to start with a clean sheet so to speak, being wedgenuts oldest son i have been told about most of his adventures from his sisters and brother if anyone is wanting dirt on wedgie i will accept brown envelopes of cash in exchange for information, or wedgie you can make a donation to buy my silence at www.iwantyournero.com/pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease lol :brave:
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

i actually did manage to get on 10/7 a few years ago funny enough i was in the prelude

i was bein chased down the motorway in wellington got into the city and got away

lucky for me they diddnt get my numberplate and nobody dobbed me in!!!!

but i'm a good boy now!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
graham

Post by graham »

WELL THE 10/7 WE GET HERE IS QUITE OLD AND THEY ALWAYS REPEAT IT SO IL BE LOOKING OUT FOR A GLIMPSE OF A PRELUDE AND A COUPLE OF PISSED OFF COPS WHO LOST THERE MAN IN THE CITY, WELL DONE, YOU ARE A HERO :prayer:
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

The hairy arsed one will be struck down by mr Karma for telling tales. I can however confirm that Madmikes name is well deserved, after a quick run in the drivers seat of his bullet I can confirm it is even scarier than mine and the boost guage is on max right through the rev range. This was followed by a stiint in the seat without brakes or steering with the crazy one at the wheel. He knew the road and I didn't but no excuses.........the sphincter muscle was in overdrive and no amount of underwear was going to cope so I had to ask him to back off. Must change my sign on to Wimpnut I think, but before anyone laughs too loud....you bloody try sitting there on the mad corkscrew hill with the sheer drop offs and mud all over the road that he calls his test track, especially on the downhill run.

I declare his Piazza the the quickest and scariest until proved otherwise.
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

wimpnut log on not needed

alex is right about the road its a fairly daunting piece of armac if u dont know it

the section that did it was a scary part if you dont know whats coming

its up hill with a tight right that drops off blind about halfway round diddnt help that it was pitch black at the time

and another thing i looked at the speedo as we went into the corner and it told me we were at 100kph so we aint goin slow

im not sure wether it was the blind brow in the dark or the fact that i may have been a tad sideways at the time.

but alas you failed the codriver test, my partner is still the only one crazy enough to sit it that seat with me at full noise!!!!

many thanks to alex for not hittin me or jmping out halfway down

:supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
Sideways by choice!!!!!