Pm's (personal messages)

Forum news and updates.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pm's (personal messages)

Post by wedgenut »

To all regular visitors

I have sent a couple of personal messages lately that have not been read. I wonder therefore if notifications are happening or not, Please check your Personal messages to see if any are lurking there for you that you have not been notified about
So many cars, so little cash
devilishdesigner

Post by devilishdesigner »

they are not coming up as new messages for me, I only find out about any I have when I get an email to notify me
sbs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Problems with personal message system

Post by sbs »

Hi Wedgie,
I have tried to contact other site uses on a few occasions using the personal message facility and once only has the message been recieved. I reckon you might be right about their being a problem best wishes sbs,
p.s. I was going to send this as a p.m. but you wouldn't have got it!
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

I think I had the same problem a while ago.
I'll PM you to test & you can reply....

UPDATE 16:16:- Got email notification of the reply PM from Wedgy, so all looks good for me - at least in an entertainment sense.
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Update: We have been using now for a few years an outdated version of this forum as well as template. The email notification/ email updates/ new user registration verification have been fixed as far as I can tell.

Current/ Still Existing known issues are:

- Private Message Status [ 0 ] is not updated regardless of new messages
*However Users still get notified via "email" of new incoming PM's (Private Messages)

- When sending a PM/ Email via the Forum to another User, SENTBOX does not update
* Your message still gets send however for unexplained reasons it will not show up in your sent box until the recipient has read or replied to your email. Again, an Email notification to the user has been sent regardless of the Forum INBOX/OUTBOX issues.

(Also on a that note, if new users are not able to sign up or email's fail to be delivered it could be because our Server is full and wont allow any new data to be stored as we have reached the maximum of our hosting capacity. This only acute recently, and new user's where denied of signing up. I have just cleaned up the email server so this shouldn't be an issue anymore, however please let me know if this problem re-sights.)

Other known issues:

I think the Image Gallery on the Main Website was down for quite some time, but I believe Wedgenut or Virtual have fixed this Issue and it is fully operational again.

The fix:

To fix this PM problem we might need to update the forum software which is always a big risk. Last time 04 or 2005 we moved from holdenpiazza.com/ ozisu.com.au to isuzupiazza.com we lost nearly 3 years of forum contribution and images. Currently we are running on a 2002 update with a forum template that has been changed x amount of times to suit our needs. Eventually we will need to update the forum software however for now I think the few issues we have, people can survive with. It is also important to donate on a regular basis to keep this forum alive and up to date. Just to register a name such as a .com.au costs $80 every two years and hosting that allows php, mypbb, php, mysql, cgi and not to mention the space and data flow a forum requires costs with a decent web host $20 AUD a month easily.

Fortunately we have a few members who keep this forum alive, continuously donate $$ and provide very useful information to all new and old members. Sadly it is only a hand full of members out of the 450+ registered who contribute, devote their money and free time, keeping this Isuzu Information Outlet alive for the past 8 years..

Anyway, I stop rambling on. If you need a manual contact Virtual-R. It only is $12 for a PDF copy and considering how much time and effort went into coping the 800 pages (if you have the white manual) and over 1500 pages for the Yellow Book. It will keep this Website Alive for many more years to come
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

After a quick read - but also a few slow wines....

Isn't the above normal - or acceptable (except for images etc)?

Normal for me is:
- PMs in outbox until read (they then go to sentbox - hence you can tell if read; without receipts)
- no more notifications (after the first & only notification) of thread updates until you respond or revisit etc. (Hence you are not "hassled" with an email for every reply. If you miss the only notification, you should pick it up when viewing "new posts since last visit" (which is my default login page).)

I'm not sure if I get notified for every new PM. I think I do (and I probably should - though IMO the same logic as above for Relies could apply), but maybe because I try to respond to PMs ASAP, I never(?) have more than one in queue....

I think the "human interface" is behaving ok. (Except I couldn't find a "notify on ANY new thread" which I would enable for this site - but NOT most others!)

As to a software upgrade, let's just say it was only extremely recently I was made aware of how old it is. I am happy with its functioning etc - my only concern would be its security.
[Whilst an upgrade to a current version SHOULD be seamless and risk-free (in terms of migration - not server space or crash etc), I appreciate the time someone will spend, and have no idea of the co$t nor logistics. Nor want to know - I haven't been a SysAdmin (aka a rooted god) for nearly half a decade. (My doctor says I'm getting better. But she won't say what at!).
Other than security, I'd suggest no upgrade. (And as former SysAdmin, I can't believe I just said that. But I didn't - I merely wrote it.) So there]
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Haha.. My doctor told me when I was 13 than I have A.D.D., reading your post, I think we have the same doctors and should share our Ritalin. :D

Jokes beside, you should be notified via email (given that you check your email and it is up to date in your profile) of any new PM's or Subscription posts. I do anyway so I hope it works for all.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I get my email notifications just fine.

Ive got ADOSTGACLB

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.