Gemini owners section

Forum news and updates.
B52

Post by B52 »

Thanks Nick for your candid reply.
The piazza is at my garage so I am unable to give full details on parts etc till tomorrow when we put the 1800 motor in the gem coupe.
It was Bob that gave me the piazza link so I may get back to him for access or at the least , what the @#%* I do about getting parts!!!
Don't want to just leave the piazza in the shed. Need to get it back on the road. Realise it is not going to happen overnight but storage costs money. Don't have room at home so have to get it going asap.
These rules may be to the detriment of some who wish to restore the piazza.
Guess I will just play the game for a while, wait till the dust settles and re-assess options in the new year.
Thanks again Nick for your reply
Cheers
David
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

B52 wrote: These rules may be to the detriment of some who wish to restore the piazza.
True to some extent but then if you are a true Piazza owner no hill is too high to over come. After it is a Piazza and thats a hill in itself. Just try down at your local autoparts store for some consumable parts and see what funny looks you get.

Thank the isuzu gods for the Shuttle is all i can say or else you wouldnt be able to get anything.

You do have access, i fixed it up last night.
I expect to see a post up with some pics so you can introduce your car to us.

I also expect to see some promptly posted wanted adds for the bits you need to fix the old girly.

I also hope you daughter appreciates what your doing, pulling a Piazza apart is sooo much easier than fixing one. lol.

(Tis OK Chris, If he changes his mind im promised first dibs on the car. Im not realy that fussed as Adelaide is a long way away, but as long as someone in here gets it if the deal falls thru im happy.)

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
B52

Post by B52 »

Hey tanks Bob,
When I know what I need (in the next day or so) I will let all know and hopefully someone out there can help.
My daughter just wants wheels. Like most kids don't think they appreciate what they have till it's gone!
Thanks again Bob, will let yhou know the progress of Dave's/Lisa's Piazza restoration.
WHOO HOO
I'm excited!!!!
madmike
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by madmike »

best tip is get in an start askin questions mate thats how it works best they are not as tight lipped as it might seem help is always on hand somebody in here is bound to have or know where u can get parts and apart from the odd ford fan (sorry chris!!) all good blokes!!!!
Sideways by choice!!!!!
B52

Post by B52 »

Thanks Mike,
Piazza is at my garage so I cannot gain access till tomorrow, soI will look over the piazza then start chasing down what I need.
I'm not much on mechanical stuff, can drive just about anything including the missus crazy, but as to motors and gears and too many parts that move and crunch, I got no idea.
Cheers
David
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Hi B52,

Im from adelaide too, just wondering which one you bought? Was it the silver one at the wrecker? Anyways, im in perth at the moment, visiting my folks, will be back in adelaide mid jan. May come by some day and see your car, help out where i can - i have a few spares in my shed (body and interior mainly). Where in adelaide are you?

cheers
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
B52

Post by B52 »

Yes it was the silver one.
Apparently it was owned by Ann Wills so I was told.
Not that that would mean much to most people and so what I say as well.
I live in Belair near Blackwood if that helps.
Car is in quite good condition. Just needs a bit of TLC and the few bits I have posted.
Hope to get it on the road in the commong weeks.
Cheers
David
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

?piazza? wrote: im in perth at the moment,
You dont want to swing past Brads joint and get the man some bits do ya???

Bob.

B52

Post by B52 »

Have't contacted Brad yet.
Where are you Brad?
Will try his member e-mail today
David
piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

Might be able to pick up stuff. But I'll have to do it before the 3rd of Jan. And im flying to Alice Springs on the 4th so the parts cant be too large. I'll be back in Adelaide mid jan. where in perth does brad live? It'd probably be best to call me as i only see a PC every couple of days. my num is 0403531190.

cheers
If Gemini's were ever meant to go fast, they would have come out of the factory with 4zc1t engines!!

Business CD Solutions
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Im thinking Brad is possibly away. I sent him a PM and havent heard back. Maybe hes lost the love. Dunno.

Bob.

Rob
Learner
Learner

Post by Rob »

Well as a gemini owner, i understand exactly where you guys are coming from. I wouldn't like to see the piazza's become, just a piece of Australian motoring history and fade away forever, i plan on running piazza injection on my gemi, but will not go and simply buy a wreck of a piazza and then get what i needed and crush the rest, i'd place an add on here and recycle it over again. So far all my injection bits i have tracked have come from a write off, so i'm led to believe. As a gemini owner, i'm not about to say anything to upset or to rubbish piazza owners, because i agree with what you guys are trying to achieve. Just for the record, i want a piazza myself.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Rob wrote:Well as a gemini owner, i understand exactly where you guys are coming from. I wouldn't like to see the piazza's become, just a piece of Australian motoring history and fade away forever, i plan on running piazza injection on my gemi, but will not go and simply buy a wreck of a piazza and then get what i needed and crush the rest, i'd place an add on here and recycle it over again. So far all my injection bits i have tracked have come from a write off, so i'm led to believe. As a gemini owner, i'm not about to say anything to upset or to rubbish piazza owners, because i agree with what you guys are trying to achieve. Just for the record, i want a piazza myself.
Where abouts are you from???

Any chance of a heads up on the location of this Piazza. If its a runner etc.
I can help you out with a manifold etc no worries. No point stripping it off a running Piazza when i have one here that doesnt go.

Your best option is to use a Rodeo manifold anyway, they take a more common style injector.
Im working on converting a G161Z to run 1.8L Astra/Pulsar factory stock injection at the moment. Once i get it sorted i will be selling converted Distributors etc for others to use.

Bob.

piazza-crx
APC Member
APC Member

Post by piazza-crx »

he's probably from adelaide :P

Business CD Solutions
tunney

Post by tunney »

lol adelaide is a hole nothing good here still trying to save up to get one i know where one is just gotta get soem cash and go ask the question of do you want to sell your car ? oh what you have trouble finding parts thats not a problem wink wink