Forum is back up..

Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Forum is back up..

Post by Chris »

Finally, myself has spent the last two days trying to find a solution on how to update a 14+MB sql file to restore the forum.

For some reason PHPBB (This forum software) only supports backups of the size 1MB to 2MB.. Well good or bad but the last backup I have made was on the 18th of October so we do have quite a few posts missing. I am really sorry for this but from now on I will backup the forum every second day just to make sure this crap never happens again.

Since we now are hosted on the new host I have made a few changes.

1. I fucked off the old host!!!!
2. I have redirected www.holdenpiazza.com and www.australianpiazzaclub.com to this host (www.ozisu.com) till we figure out what we will do in the future.
3. Obvisly we have registerd the domain ozisu (Australian Isuzu) (psst, dont tell isuzu).
4. All images (ranks, avatars and pic uploads are backup) and we do have 2GB of space so dont be shy to use pic upload to display your images.
5. Again, the last backup of the forum I have made on the 18th this month, I am really sorry that we have lost those message during now and than.
6. Because we have much of a better hosting account now I can offer each member a yourname@holdenpiazza.com email adress and a www.yourname.holdenpiazza.com website.. Please let me know if you would like that and I will install a FTP access for you.

I would like to thank wedgy for letting me know 3 days ago that our forum is fucked.. I had no idea and thought the forum was working fine. Guess I was wrong, I couldnt even access the admin sites to backup the latest databases. But I have learned my lessons and will update every 2nd day now.

Every thing should be back up to the 18th now but if you do have problems or something is missing, please let me now a.s.a.p.

Sorry for this hole bullshit again, but we are on a much better way to long lasting hosting now (so i hope).

Best regards,

Chris Schumann
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah its all good Chris. Most of the guys in here just crap on anyway. Shit happens. Hope is hasnt put a hole in my post count. Im the king post whore around here. lol.

Can you start another thread RE the ICCA thing you wanted to do. And your reasoning for it.

I rekon i could have a go at the email and the web address. I wouldnt know what to do with it. Can i like make my own blog in there or more importantly a car blog. Like use it to doccument a piazza and/or KB20 build. Can anyone give me a crash course on web design. lol.

Cheers. Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

lol, everybody knows your the slut of posts dont worry mate.

PM me and we will figure something out regarding email and your own website. I will start on the ICCA thread straight away boss.

:rock:
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

No hurry, im off to bed now.

I picked up my new toy friday night. A Jackaroo. One with a LSD.
Need some sleep so i can play tomorrow.

Cheers. Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

ohh how comes you get to play with new toys and I cant..
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Bob you could just upload the pics and make a project thread in the section on the forum
GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

*me puts his hands up for an email account* :)

Bob, picked up those Piazzas yet or what?!!?! Im guessing the specific mention of the LSD diff means Piazza-Jackaroo research as per topic? The problem with using the ozisu picture hosting is that its only temporary - it lasts what, 1 week before the database is cleared? He'd prob be better off using something like img.photobucket.com or his own website.

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

no picupload is one of myn and stores all images onto Http://www.ozisu.com/puplic/images/ their is over 1.5GB storage so plenty of space and you dont get the anoying photo bucket logos.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Ive been storing my pics on image shack. I cut and paste the links into a notepad doc for later use. lol.... the only photos that are sorted on my computer are the ones in the Isuzu folder. They are all in their relavant sections. Backed up on the Photo CDs i make from my camera downloads.

Yeah i know i could probably register with image shack and it would be easier.

This is part of the reason that i think we should join ICCA. It would be a good palce to have colated and verified data for reference.

Cheers. Bob.