Getting more seriouse about a Car Club

Forum news and updates.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Getting more seriouse about a Car Club

Post by Chris »

Sorry this post has gone missing due to server change (again, thanks chris you cunt).

Well so far we thought about joining the ICCA (Isuzu Car Club of Australia) so we can gain more members and start having monthly meets/cruises. However the president of the ICCA has tuff rules such as no Holden badged cars. Most members disagreed with this rule and find it nonsense also if we would join it would mean our forum will extend to Bellett, Gemini 75-98, Piazza 81-93, Bellel, Florian, 117 Coupe, Minx and Aska's. We have discussed this already so their for the forum has already changed to expand our members.

I will still need to talk to barry (President of the ICCA) and discuss quite a few things before deciding to join or not. If we would join we have to come to some sort of agreement with the rules of the ICCA and also we have to start paying yearly member ship fees which will cover meetings, hosting, stickers, newsletters etc... If we cant come to an agreement than we will try to start our own ISUZU car club of australia and nz which would mean we will need permissions from holden and isuzu. Apperently Barry has the only rights to use their name... But I have send alot of emails around the world trying to get permissions. Finally i got onto the right person which I have to sent to a formal letter of request...

Well thats about where we are now...
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

2009 | 1986 White Piazza 2.2L, Man, STi Turbo (SOLD)
2006 | 1986 Black Piazza Turbo Manual (SOLD)
2005 | 1986 White Piazza Turbo Auto (Pain in the ass)
2004 | 1986 White Piazza Manual Stock
2004 | 1986 Red Piazza Manual TO3, Haltech
2001 | 1986 Silver Piazza Manual Turbo
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I just want to know how Barry can have the rights to the name Isuzu in Australia when they sell the most vehicles in the small truck market every year in this country..

There are a few Isuzu vehicles that arent listed above and on the ICCA home page that are badged Isuzu and were sold in Australia. Wasp ute and KB20/40 jump to mind. It seems to me that they are rather picky with their members and what they drive. Seems like a bit of an old boys club.
What happend to clubs that had members that are just interested in the car/s but dont own one. If you choose to come ot a club function in a different make or model of car well so be it.

What does the Badge caper that Barry is talking about acually refer to Chris???

I for one would have thought that the ICCA would have jumped at the chance to bolster their number with a group of enthusiastic Piazza owners.

Im sure theres a few Bellet and Florian lovers that would have been in the same boat as we are now with the Piazza some years ago. Florians and Bellets getting scraped for their motors to be used in Chev Luvs and squashed for scrap value.

History repeats.

I think it sould be "any fully built up imported Isuzu vehicle". You could put an age limit on it, say ten years if sold localy. If some guy joins up and owns a Rodeo or Jackaroo, its all good hes paying his membership. If the club is lucky he might even have an intrest in the old tin after a bit and save one from a fate worse than death.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Yep, I think we should take the ICCOA experience as a lesson and go the other way and show a little flexibility, I remember a few years back a mate of mine owned a Jensen Healy and in NZ there were very few Jensens and no club. he wanted to do track days at circuits and stuff like that but you couldn't unless you were part of a club. He wrote to several car clubs explaining his problem and he got lots of sympathy and help. The lotus owners club allowed him to join up as an affiliated member so he could take part in their meets and club runs, track days etc.

Now you wouldn't want to open it up to every odd ball set of wheels but at the same time we don't need to waste our lives inventing and then administering pedantic rules like ICCOA.

I bet they all wear flat caps, driving gloves and smoke pipes.
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

well he needed permissions to use ISUZU as a name and I also think he need permissions from them to start a car club. So I guess we have todo the same. Where do you registar offical car clubs.. at the transport departments?

And what sorta titels will we need? President -> Book keeper ?? and than all the rules/ legal stuff what comes with it, omg
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Alex, sounds like your describing an old school golfer. Just missing the flanelette spec pants...

Im definately up for the individual car club thing, however i see one minor problem. If we were to say, make a members fee and only allow the forum to be accessed by paying members, we would end up killing this forum. I can only think of a handful of members that would actually be willing to pay for use. While it would limit the Gemini-driving dickheads, itll also kill a few Piazza owners that, whilst they like Piazzas/own one, arent particularly too keen on joining a car club, especially if they are say in a remote area where there are f.a members. We need to discuss/organise things properly before plans are put into motion. Choose the road before the clutch is dropped at 5500rpm, so to speak...

wedgenut wrote:Now you wouldn't want to open it up to every odd ball set of wheels but at the same time we don't need to waste our lives inventing and then administering pedantic rules like ICCOA.
Good point there, which is why its a bit of a broader "Isuzu" club to allow any Isuzu badged car in, however the "odd ball" we want to avoid [this will be a tough one to work out without following the ICCOA's bullshit lead] is to stop a flood of TX-TG Geminis coming in.

Basically, this is the list i think we should open:

-Bellel/Bellet
-Florian
-Wasp
-Luv/KB20
-JR120/130 YB Piazza
-Late model JR FWD Piazza
-JT150/191 Gemini
-Any IMPORTED Isuzu that was NOT locally assembled.

The last one is debateable, but that is probably the most effective way of killing off the Gemini problem, while still allowing cars like the PF60 ZZ/R's through. Thatll leave the door open for things like the Isuzu MU too.

Chris, youll need a president [I vote you, youve got the idea, your making the plans/research. Your in charge]. Club Secretary to take care of finances, and basically a representative for each region [VIC, NZ, NSW etc].

Nick-
project - 76 Gemini Coupe G200z EFI Turbo
daily - 02 S15 Nissan 200SX GTspecS Turbo
wet-weather fun toy - TX 75 Gemini Sedan G200z
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Thanks for the vote but I am not to keen on being the president. I am happy to do all the Technical stuff here and maybe do the news letters.

Don't think anybody said anything about allowing only paying members to interact in the forum. That would kill our o so small forum.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Nah no one said it, but i was just thought id mention it as i could see it becoming a problem IF it were to happen. Shame about the president thing as your the only one with a real clue in terms of what you have to do to get things happening.

Cheers,

Nick-
Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

I had more in mind Rodeobob for oz and wedgy for nz.. Their major people (sometimes) and president is only a title we all still help eachother out anyways.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

more bullshit just in from isuzu ltd.
Dear Sir,
As I explained in my previous email Isuzu-General Motors Australia Limited had no connection with the importation of the Piazzas into Australia, therefore we do not have sales figures. You will need to contact Holden for this information. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help.
Regards

Robert Walkerden
Marketing Budget Controller
Isuzu-GM Aust. Ltd.
P: 03 96446645
F: 03 96446691

Chris Schumann <stateoftrance1982@yahoo.com>
21/10/2005 10:49 PM

To: Robert Walkerden <robert.walkerden@igm.com.au>
cc:
Subject: Re: Isuzu Website Contact Form: Mr Chris Schumann

Thank you Mr. Walkerden for the information.

Is it possible to provide me a exact number of PIAZZA's imported to Australia?

Regards,

Chris R. Schumann
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

I think the trouble etc of starting an official car club is not very inviting.

I still think that us joining with the ICCA is the way to go. After all thats what were about. The only issue is that the car was sold by Holden and had a badge bearing that name. Its only a badge. If that is to be the only reason a Piazza owner isnt accepted into the ICCA it sort of defeats the purpose.

Your right nick, there are a few imported Isuzu vehicles that if accepted would bring members to the club.

Who thinks i should email Barry????

Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

hey bob whats your number again? Also please do not send anything to barry yet as I said before we are only talking soap bubbles and peter was suppost to talk to barry before..
We dont wanna sound pushy by flodding him with emails and phone calls.

Btw I have just spoken to the right person at holden and she requested an email.. So i sent here just know the email and we will see what she will say regarding car club, using the names and logos.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Yeah thats fair enough.

My out box is closed. lol.

Probably best getting things sorted with Barry before you go seeking all your own permissions to start a club chris.

I just had another thought.
This person at Holden wouldnt be able to get you the import numbers info would she???

The other thing is freedom of information. Holden had to pay tax and duties on the cars maybe theres some record in government paperwork somewhere.

Bob.

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

Well I have been a very busy bee today. Got in contact with all transport departments and send the request forms to get finally a official number on how many piazzas are registerd in Australia.

I will ask that chick at holden if she can provide me the sales and import figures.

Also I got the telephone number for Laura Giugiaro (Mr gs doughter) who is the head big boss chick of his company. I doubt I will get in contact with him but most likley with her and ask her if I can send her an email which she could forward to him to answer a few questions for us.. Its 3am in itally right now so I will try later
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

Chris
IPTOC President
IPTOC President

Post by Chris »

oh btw, I just lifted the limit of the outbox and save box to 100 ea.
LESS SHOW, MORE GO!!

GeminiCoupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by GeminiCoupe »

Obviously joining ICCA would be the better option as thatll give us twice the members, twices the cars etc. However, if they arent going to be flexible about their rules then we are in abit of strife arent we?

Nice find on the phone number Chris, what are the chances of getting incontact though?

Cheers,

Nick-