finding Piazzas

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

finding Piazzas

Post by wedgenut »

I've had an idea, yes i know yawn!

NZ is a lot like OZ in that most of the people live in a few main centres that are a fair way from each other and the rest of the population is spread geographically far and wide. Our distances are nowhere like OZ but still a long bloody walk so finding stray Paizzas isn't easy. I recently had a yarn with a parts guy at a GM dealership and he says he gets parts inquiries for piazza bits about once a month and usually they can't help unless it is really common stuff and he is quite sympathetic to those people struggling to keep them on the road.

So I asked him if he wanted to help someone and knew wher to point them would he do so and he said he would be happy to.

I am thinking of making up a flyer aimed at Piazza owners informing them of our club/forum and faxing a copy to every GM parts department in the country asking them to stick it on a notice board if possible or in the front of their parts books or counter or wherever. If only half of them do it we might track down a few more owners over here. I know they are out there but how to track them down is the trick so I'm going to work on this idea a bit more, it has to be worth a try. I don't have the time or money to do a tour like the tassie boys did and even then you need PR in the right places to avoid it just being a boring drive.

What do others think, good idea or crap idea? Be honest
So many cars, so little cash
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Re: finding Piazzas

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:I don't have the time or money to do a tour like the tassie boys did and even then you need PR in the right places to avoid it just being a boring drive.
Yeah i saw the PR. Every time i get it out and try to scan it in, i crack a fat and have to go have................... Ummmm what was i talking about :scratch:

Oh thats right................ Thats a top idea Alex. I like a thinker. I wonder if it was just sent to a few dealers if they would forward it around as an email. Most of the spares etc are on computer these days anyway.

Bob.
Too many Piazzas to little money.

Currently unemployed. Watch this space.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

According to the guy I was talking to they have to drag out the microfiche for Piazza stuff and even the old printed books sometimes, but this is NZ remember.
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

wedgenut wrote:According to the guy I was talking to they have to drag out the microfiche for Piazza stuff and even the old printed books sometimes, but this is NZ remember.
Last time i was in there i wanted gaskets for the turbo and dump pipe, it was on the computer. Theres a set of YB fische slides on eBay at the moment that im going to put a bid on. Ive also got onto another guy thats got some KB ones and Jackaroo shuttle and TF rodeo.

All i need is a fische reader machine.

Bob

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

You should be able to get one of those from a junk shop for a buck a dozen, I could get one here but it would cost a bazillion bucks to post it over. Sniff around the junk dealers. The chinks that run our junk shops think they are tv"s LOL

I have a bit of a parts list for the impulse with part numbers and stuff but it is mainly body and trim, lights etc. sod all mechanical
117Coupe
APC Member
APC Member

Post by 117Coupe »

wedgenut wrote: I have a bit of a parts list for the impulse with part numbers and stuff but it is mainly body and trim, lights etc. sod all mechanical
I have the Japanese dealers parts CD if you need part numbers. It covers all Isuzu JDM models since 1980 including trucks and buses!
'80 Isuzu 117 Coupe
'87 Isuzu Aska
'93 Subaru SVX
'98 Mazda Roadster
'97 Honda Legend
'99 Honda Logo
'01 Toyota Will VS
'01 VW Polo
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

Now that could be useful! Being a bit perverted with almost no life apparantly i have started a spreadsheet of all the spare parts I have and when you have dismantled two complete cars right down to the last bloody screw thasalotabits, It should only take me a couple of years to finish it and then I can add part numbers to the sheet. Memo to self Get out more. :finga:
Rodeobob
APC Member
APC Member

Post by Rodeobob »

117Coupe wrote:
wedgenut wrote: I have a bit of a parts list for the impulse with part numbers and stuff but it is mainly body and trim, lights etc. sod all mechanical
I have the Japanese dealers parts CD if you need part numbers. It covers all Isuzu JDM models since 1980 including trucks and buses!
Might be of some use to poida. Hes having a bit of drama with an AFM on a G180W he bought. I will message him to swing buy and ask if he rekons you might be able to be of some uses.

Cheers. Bob.