Impulse 1/20th scale model

Talk about anything and everything
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

That's my 1990 $29.95 model!
Damn - I didn't realise it wasn't a manual. (FYI - I bought a Jackaroo (4WD!!) rather than register an auto (Piazza) to get around Australia. And trust me, I do not like 4WDs when it comes to rugged tracks & the outback.)

I guess therefore - using normal Bellett mark-ups - I could offer it for $299.50.
Ooops - it's 20 years (not 10) - does that therefore mean $598 or $2,995?

But seeing how good it looks, maybe I'd rather sell my '69 Bellett GT for $2,995 instead - though that's a 1:1 model with original G161-OHV & box, and additional G200W & 5 speed; plus GT-R LSD & Recaro seats.

Both have been garaged for the last 20 years LOL!
IZU069 - ISUZU means a lot to me.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Mothballed and in safe hands I would think. :yawinkle:
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

LOL! Safer than the 1:1 scales - yesterday I finally replaced the Wasp's broken steering box - it broke after some rough riding. (It was a bad external bump - not a good internal bump. Poor girl - she's over 45 years and 1 million miles and I still take her rallying. The Wasp too.)

(Wasp = Bellett ute.)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Good to see you still take the old girl out for some sideways action :tonqe:
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

FYI: Fujimi 1/24 Isuzu Piazza XE Special Decal JR130 Car Kit
(eBay; GBP 14.99 +8 post = GBP 24 ~ AUD$36. (From tomchina)

But there will be others....

And for future reference:

wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

A few years ago now I managed to get a batch of scale model kits of the XE version, they were tajima or tsunami or pyjamas or some such slanty name. I offered them on the forum and funnily enough nearly everyone that was keen went quiet when I had them to hand. I think from memory I donated one to the german for selling on the forum for fund raising, gave one to another bloke in return for a favour and sold one I think. I ended up making one up myself.
It got 3 coats of lacquer plus clear coat in the same colour as my own car. Talk about having no life. You may note it has the originasl 13" alloys as was standard on the JDM XE of the period. (Istill have a couple of sets of those wheels in my cave)
So many cars, so little cash
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Most likely the pygamas version :laughing3: Good modeling though. Is it the same as the Fujimi that Isu069 talked about?
Last edited by Piazza_man on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wedgenut
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by wedgenut »

probably.
So many cars, so little cash
Piazzish

Post by Piazzish »

1/20 Piazza on Ebay 4sale!!!
Rare out of production item!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ISUZU-PIAZZA-XE-1-2 ... 5641ee2565
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo Red 92000km
1989 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Lotus Turbo White 183000km
1987 Isuzu Piazza JR120 Pre-Lotus Turbo Red 131000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Two-tone 145000km
1984 Isuzu Piazza JR130 N/A Black 92000km
1989 Isuzu Gemini JT190 Red 173000km
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Well done Piazzish. geez $91.85 starting price...
I don't recall paying that much for my my Bandai model. I suppose it comes down to scarcity.
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Wow! I might sell mine.
I could buy 15 more GT Bellett wheel caps for that! (I got 2 yesterday from the wreckers!)
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Haha you're funny :axe:
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

Funny?
Funny how? You think I amuse you....
You think I'm insecure gansta that sneaks up from behind...? (I'm not like other club members! But I do bad film rip-offs...)

Nahhhh! Funny is finally seeing a Bellett in Pick A Part (the first I know for of for their Campbellfield site!), getting there and being told the steering wheel & fuel-cap were sold that morning - only to find two GT hub (wheel) capos in the boot!
Now that IS funny. Such wheel caps have sold for over $100 - though these were dented, but only $6.
And funnier - the fuel cap had been ripped out - hence breaking the all-valuable locking prawls - they obviously didn't know or didn't care to remove the filler hose from inside and "feeler-gauge" it out! It didn't even have the boot lid to get in the way. (That was the only missing part along eith the oil filter assembly that was missing. A fairly complete early 3-bearing G150 with Bendix-spring starter in "unused since 1987" condition. )

The again, I think it funny to take the steering wheel. (My was uses my Piazza's steering wheel on a KB27 shaft.) But maybe he liked the badge in its center, or - like my mate's son - uses one for his home-made PS3 racer....

So, IMO, buying 15 >$100 wheel caps for the price of on old $30 Piazza model is NOT funny!!

OH!! D'oh! Now I get it...
Selling the Piazza model....

You're right, that is funny!
(Maybe I've been too close to those Bellett collectors for too long!)

:supz:
IZU069
Power Moderator
Power Moderator

Post by IZU069 »

IZU069 wrote:Funny is finally seeing a Bellett in Pick A Part (the first I know of in their Campbellfield site!)...
Now for totally amazing...

www.PAP-C listed another Isuzu - this time a "special".
The only special I know of is the Bellel - rare as in this country (only a handful) and the last I saw was a blackie (black = Diplomat etc cars; fully appointed including aircon) which belonged to a former Japanese Ambassador and sat in a wreckers in northern NSW till it rotted away. (Another "$2,000 or nothing" job.) All that remains is the G200 (OHV 3 bearing engine) that a mate has.

Sure enough, PAP-C has a 1963 PS20 - a non-black Bellel. Same G200 engine with TWO downdraft Nikki carbies but manual gearbox missing.
No aircon and less internal lighting than the blackies, but the usual rear door lights, National Eye-beam (auto dipper), twin-speed wipers, fold-down centers in front & rear bench seats, .... the list does on. Even adjustable Wasp-type foot vents (but Wasps are either fully open or shut).

I'm hoping PAP-C has a Bellett GT-R next week - or maybe a good manual Piazza! (Preferably G200W with MUA box.)

Sorry for the late "model" bump, but I wanted to give others a chance before publicising.