IR89 - back in action.

Talk about anything and everything
ImpulseRocket89

Post by ImpulseRocket89 »

Hoping to have the whole thing, or nearly, tacked up and ready for finish welding by the end of the weekend. I obviously have lots of small adjustments to make lol
1988 Isuzu Impulse Turbo.
2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

RIP 1989 Impulse Turbo, aka "Rakete"
ImpulseRocket89

Post by ImpulseRocket89 »

Still around and still working on it when I can. I took on full time credits in school this semester, so I have no time now lol. Intake manifold is pieced together for the most part, I've been working on the hot side now.

Eyecon, I still have all your stuff too. Don't want you thinking I disappeared on you. Waiting on the pulleys to come back, and that should be within the next 10 days. I guess they get swamped this time of the year, because I got told a silly turn around on them. I am still offering to send the other stuff to you, and I can eat the shipping costs on the pulley if necessary.

In other news, I am going to go check out this bad boy tomorrow. He has had it up for sale for 9 months, and has dropped the price from $3500 to 1000, so I am going to offer him 500 cash to take it off his hands, and see what he says.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4098170916.html

EDIT: One other thing. I have found a way to save myself a lot of time and money with that Dana 44 from the Rodeo. The axle tubes/housing themselves are nearly the same width. The extra 1.5" of width comes from the hubs sticking out from the bearing almost an extra inch on each side. It should be entirely possible to order shorter axle ends, which leaves me with just swapping brackets. I am in the process of tearing both down for a trip to get cleaned up.

I also test fit that Dana 44. It does fit, but oh boy is it a tight one. the biggest clearance concern is actually with the rear diff cover and the left hand fuel tank strap mounting point. Maybe 1/8" of clearance, if a tiny bit more.
1988 Isuzu Impulse Turbo.
2005 Ford Crown Victoria LX

RIP 1989 Impulse Turbo, aka "Rakete"
Bugle
A total post whore

Post by Bugle »

Heyy you're back, please don't forget to drop that lower manifold assembly into a box and let me know how much i have to pay ya. Could really use it now.

Hope that manifold clears the alternator and engine mount? Looks pretty low.

Might need more than 1/8" clearance for the diff, it'd move around a bit unless you're running solid rose joints.
Piazza_man
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Piazza_man »

Thanks for holding onto the stuff and no, I wasn't worried about you disappearing. I'm quite happy to wait until the pulley is complete and back in your hands before sending the entire package.